test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Great Reclaim (Items that should be reclaimable, yet are not).

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    okeephe said:

okeephe said:

Well, I use Black Ice crafting, and mine disappeared on all 5 characters, so you explain it.

That's completely outside explanation.

They changed the gauntlet at my urging to make it effectively impossible to lose. The alternative presented was to make it possible to replace if lost, but they didn't go that route.

5 accidental vendor/discards is statistically improbable. Still, it's a thing that has only affected you (other cases are one-offs and the player did sell or discard it), not global.
    it hasn't only affected me, I've run into several others who had this problem too, while I was trying to find replacements that weren't 300K for a green.

I noticed, now though, that the value has dropped to almost nothing, on the AH, so I assume this was fixed?

I did tag you about a patch note from Storm King's Thunder that will allow players who have lost their worn gauntlet to buy a replacement. I haven't checked the vendor but probably for the same nominal amount of silver or gold as other common profession tools.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • ilusiphurilusiphur Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Many of these items are quest rewards. It seems to me, it would be better to make the quests replayable, rather than have the items be reclaimable.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I didn't know this thread existed, +1 to those whom would like the "Cape of Catastrophe" to be claimable account wide. I played three characters back then (they are still level 60 as I don't play them anymore) all whom still have the cape. The main I've played now for the last three years was created shortly after Caturday so he missed out. Would love to be able to get him the cape. Thanks!
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    ilusiphur said:

Many of these items are quest rewards. It seems to me, it would be better to make the quests replayable, rather than have the items be reclaimable.

If you know the a story quest that gives you said reward you might want to go to that area and "help" a young one. Most story line quests pre-60 can be shared, and then you got to loot the box with the reward.

Sharing quests got depricated after the sharandar-arcane reservoir-quest-sharing incident, including bans that followed.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Don't know if this is new, i've just got to the point where it unlocks or what, but bruenor battlehammer just started offering me quests that when done award alliance supplies that can be traded in for many of the items listed in this thread. Given prices vs rewards getting a lot of it will be slow, but it's quite doable. The rewards are pure cosmetics, but they do come with free appearance change so yay on that :).

Still some bits and pieces missing, (you can claim the emissary cloak for example, but not the level 60 one). Also lets people get race and class cloaks for other races and classes than their choice, not sure if it's a one time purchase or if unlocking them unlocks them permanently...

For my Paladin the Paladin cloak appears to be reclaimable now for free, don't have the space to store it atm but would be nice if someone else could go test if claiming it makes it cost or if it's infinitely reclaimable for free. Sadly the dragon campaign cloaks cost weather you've earned them or not, not sure if i ever got my racial cloak but don;t have that or anything else available for free, (e.g. elemental armour sets).

Still it's better than nothing i suppose :).
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    carl103 said:

For my Paladin the Paladin cloak appears to be reclaimable now for free, don't have the space to store it atm but would be nice if someone else could go test if claiming it makes it cost or if it's infinitely reclaimable for free.

You only get 1 Paladin cloak free. You'll need to pay for any more than the first.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Cheers. Also seems to be some minimum requirement for it to be free, my CW dosen;t have a free option atm.

Now if only they'd make the Illybreun armour from sharandar free appearance change like the main hands.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    That's because Paladin's never had a quest line, therefore could never get a cloak to begin with.
  • brayonhopperbrayonhopper Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    As someone, that deleted a character that had the Caturday reward, before realizing it wasn't account wide, I would like for that to be unlocked. I liked that cloak!
  • deadagain69deadagain69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I lost my Bruenor's Helm I want to get it back but cant. thay should make it so you can at least redo the quest again to get it back. its bound to your char. the game should be able to tell if you have it or not why cant you do it again to replace what is missing I don't care if I have to upgrade it all over again. if thay think your selling it to make gold just make it so you cant get gold if you want to get rid of it. ( I got no idea if you can sell it and get gold for it )
  • evemjevemj Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    Sybella's Scrying Orb? 'cause, you know, I might have sold mine by mistake.
  • shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Elemental Shield of the black Earth (Lion motive)
    Elemental Shield of the eternal flame

was already wondering, why the Horse motive shield got added to the maze transmute store, while the lion themed one didnt.
    the horse motive can be aquired from othersources (think crafting and also the transmute vendor in moonstone mask) while i never found an additional source for the lion themed shields.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited August 2016
    evemj said:

Sybella's Scrying Orb? 'cause, you know, I might have sold mine by mistake.

I lost my Bruenor's Helm I want to get it back but cant. thay should make it so you can at least redo the quest again to get it back. its bound to your char. the game should be able to tell if you have it or not why cant you do it again to replace what is missing I don't care if I have to upgrade it all over again. if thay think your selling it to make gold just make it so you cant get gold if you want to get rid of it. ( I got no idea if you can sell it and get gold for it )

wylonus said:

i would like to see Rothe Valley's drow armor set become more available, since those dungeons in quests are one-timer, and end up with wrong class or incomplete set. that awful concept.

reg1981 said:

Wardrobe would be a great addition!!

please , add an item that will erase the transmutation and keep both items,
    (for example: the artifact cloak and the winter scarf transmutation).

The worker or crafter for neverwinter siege, have one character that can't get to level one because he can't get the worker.

zephon91 said:

The Founder's Glorious Enchantment is still not reclaimable for me as I bought the Hero of the North package more than a year ago.
    Some players can reclaim it by the Rewards Agent, some not.
    The Item came aswell with the Brilliant Energy Enchantment.

Greetings Zeph

zebular said:

Other Quest line items - aka Cloak of the Plague Tower - this is the one that springs to mind

Can you give me more info? I cannot find this item. What quest awards it?
    It's the cloak you get when you defeat Razzard in the Plague tower (final chapter of the Joseph and Dorothea quest line).
    All of the above (and other things I've forgotten to quote) have been added to their appropriate sections at the beginning of this thread. Thanks!

Just dropping a post to voice my support on this. I'm not looking forward to losing some of my transmutes due to the LM set exchange store for example. Good job Zeb. Hopefully this thread will make the change happen.

Like the cloak from mod9 quest tree. How to get it again? It gave a cool animation for a toon.

On another note, fix the eye-patch reclaimable for the dragonborn class as well as some reclaimable masks *sun mask, lion mask etc

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Starred_Eyepatch
    What cloak is this specifically? Added the Eyepatch, thanks!
    verdonix1 said:

ribbs1 said:

I don't need you to translate for me. I think we get it loud and clear.

Right!! lol old, Zeb Jr. to the rescue, making sure we understand exactly what he thinks we should... tout that party line some more pal..
    Indeed, this thread is by no means a statement of what may or may not happen. It is nothing more than an Officially Recognized List of Topic-Specific Suggestions. Any Official (orange) Moderator Comments here-in should be taken only as though this thread is being presented directly to the Developers and other Staff, as well as Official Comments that relate to the updating and discussion of this thread's topic.

• sirhawk#4425 sirhawk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    All epic pets in case your account get hacked could be a easier way to fix lost of store bought pets, or make pets account bound instead of per toon my two cents.
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User

All epic pets in case your account get **** could be a easier way to fix lost of store bought pets, or make pets account bound instead of per toon my two cents.

This would likely reduce sales figures of passive companion slots. You could just discard them and reacquire as needed.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Been meaning to add this for a while:
    Cowl of the Thayan Zealot - for Control Wizards neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cowl_of_the_Thayan_Zealot
    (Added link to Wiki)
    It's the one that covers the eyes, but not the skull mask, imo the best looking headgear in game (In the image below).

[img][/img]CWnFulmi_zpsgtjpn20r.png

Re the Caturday Survivor - I think the title should be account wide because the account survived.
    Maybe a compromise for the cloak would be only allowing one per account at any time or just the oldest toon. Yes, I'm one who deleted the toon that was about during Caturday.​​
    Post edited by kiteares on
    kiteares said:

Been meaning to add this for a while:

Cowl of the Thayan Zealot - for Control Wizards neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Cowl_of_the_Thayan_Zealot

@kiteares Thayan Servitor in Dread Ring is the same skin. Or whatever they call it, but the one in the campaign store. Dirt cheap.

The Reclaim movement was not intended to replace removed drops anyway.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    @kiteares Thayan Servitor in Dread Ring is the same skin. Or whatever they call it, but the one in the campaign store. Dirt cheap.

Thank you Becky!! Absolutely perfect!!
    The Reclaim movement was not intended to replace removed drops anyway.

My bad, I thought it was for anything that had disappeared.​​
  • imperiousshiniimperiousshini Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    @zebular
    The great reclaim has brought back many beloved transmutes from the previous mods and it was a great move to do so.

But what about the rest of the stuff that were rare drops in the old dungeons and haven't been back yet?
    For example even though there is a normal and epic version of the Cragmire Crypts but the Hat of Pirate Host (Blackdagger's hat) is dropping nowhere.

I have for transmute at my neck my all time favorite Mantle of the Host Tower, and now that i am deciding to change set I am crying on the inside because i ll be forced to transmute my old legendary artifact neck to the new artifact neck just to keep the look i love. And i am not crying for the 5k AD i havr to spend but for the thousands of AD i spent on refining it to make it legendary and now am not getting a sigle refining point back.

//Moreover I want to mention that having purchased the DragonBorn pack i like the neck there as well Wings of Bahomet i think it's called, i'd like to use that to another character, though the problem is once i claim the cloack. I can't reclaim itfrom this character nor claim it to another character from my whole account, i can't even find it on the AH nor can i hope that it will drop somewhere.//

I hope you understand my points and that you are willing to give this final push in the game to bring back everyone's beloved transmutes. No need to have stats on them just make them dropable like CN brought back some transmutes.

PS. there is not even need to make them salvageable.
    Post edited by imperiousshini on
    I think there could be another way to do this, like dyes that return the colors to the original, another item like this, even placed in equipment section in TB store, that would remove the Transmuted item Bound to Character (with or without stats -smth like the ruined pieces in CN again) so that in can be re transmuted to the next piece of artifact equipment.
    hahaha fair enough, nobody gives a HAMSTER :)
  • deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I would like to add the Reaching Level 70 artifact weapon offhands. On my SW it apparently left my inventory at one point but when i got a reply all I was told was basically go farming for the obscene amounts of required items neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Artifact_off-hand i think that is the wiki for the items. Basically its the one item you get for reaching 70 on a character
  • shrewguyshrewguy Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    The dragon wings cloak from the dragonborn pack should really have been reclaimable, or atleast bind to account.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    So is this ever going to happen or is this just a wish list of items we could reclaim if we were able?
    snotty said:

So is this ever going to happen or is this just a wish list of items we could reclaim if we were able?

In many regards the wishlist has been used to populate the Maze Engine store.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• Portobello's Wand of Sight should be reclaimable, I now have the bag space for it.
  • katycurrykatycurry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited January 2017
    I think i can bring my suggestion up in one Link: http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Collection/Dread_Ring#Thayan_Zealot_Equipment

(The gear itself looked ... interessting, but the shield for the GF ... i mean THAT was a real shield)

Also i suggestion of mine, even if it don't really fits here: How about making the "Collection" account-wide ... i'll never level up Tiamats Cloak on my GF; but my DC will)

On Campaign-Tabs, or Gear-Tabs you could make an Option to choose which class' to be shown, that would be great
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The Zealot gear skins can be purchased from the Dread Ring campaign store. The Servitor armor is exactly the same. Unfortunately the MH and OH skins are gone but for some classes, the Dread Legion skins might work. They can be found in the Maze Engine store. The shield is sold separately from the axe and IIRC is around 400 ro 500 supplies.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • katycurrykatycurry Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    pitshade said:

The Zealot gear skins can be purchased from the Dread Ring campaign store. The Servitor armor is exactly the same. Unfortunately the MH and OH skins are gone but for some classes, the Dread Legion skins might work. They can be found in the Maze Engine store. The shield is sold separately from the axe and IIRC is around 400 ro 500 supplies.

I'm not asking for the "Shield of the Dread Legion". I want the "Shield of the Thayan Zealot"! And that is not sold ind the Maze Engine Campaign Store. And yet, the shield isn't sold by some Vendor in Dread Ring or Manthol-Derith either.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I merely suggested an alternative. You are free to decline to use it.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother