test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Renegade Evoker --- ???

nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
Did I miss something with the Renegade Evoker? I bought one a few weeks ago for like 180k AD and I use him sometimes, but I've switched out to other pets recently. Just noticed he is selling for millions on the AH ?

Did he get buffed? What did I miss?

Comments

• Options
    nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    lol yikes
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    I have a fire sprite - they're AWESOME. Like, seriously the next big thing - wanna buy if for 1.4m? It's a bargain, I tell you.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Renegade evoker is amazing...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    Isn't this the companion you can get if that mythical Red Key drops in one of the WoD lairs ? If so, then that explains the high price. It may or may not be any use as a companion but it definitely has extreme rarity value. I haven't seen one in nearly two years of playing.
  • Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    qexotic said:

Isn't this the companion you can get if that mythical Red Key drops in one of the WoD lairs ? If so, then that explains the high price. It may or may not be any use as a companion but it definitely has extreme rarity value. I haven't seen one in nearly two years of playing.

That's the Repentant Cultist. The Evoker comes from Valindra's Tower.
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

qexotic said:

That's the Repentant Cultist. The Evoker comes from Valindra's Tower.
    Ah right. Thanks for the correction. I still haven't come acrosss either of them though :)

• Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    The Renegade Evoker has an okay active bonus (well one that doesn't give stats) for melee classes and is good for dps classes as he has 3 offensive slots and, if you are so inclined to use Underdark rings on companions, 2 ring slots. My GWF uses one as his summoned companion. Also his main attack is every 1.5 seconds IIRC so he keeps up the Protector's insignia buff pretty constantly.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    When DF was popular for TRs in oPvP, this companion could kill said TR. One DF and no TR.
    Today the damage / HP ratio is different so not sure how effective it is. But someone should try it on a tank vs high crit GWF.

Regardless, the price is because they no longer drop from anywhere.
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    For their attacks, Dancing Blade from Glory is same or better, all offensive slots, attacks every 1,5s and sometimes can hit really hard, like 20k without buffs.
  • Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    micky1p00 said:

When DF was popular for TRs in oPvP, this companion could kill said TR. One DF and no TR.
    Today the damage / HP ratio is different so not sure how effective it is. But someone should try it on a tank vs high crit GWF.

Regardless, the price is because they no longer drop from anywhere.

Happy me! I still have an unbound Renegade Evoker! I am gonna be a Rich B. soon!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!