test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A updated build?

So I hvae looked though the posts here for builds but I have some questions. Right now I am using this build http://mmominds.com/2016/04/06/mod-8-master-infiltrator-pvepvp-tr-build-caap/. I am a pve person, I don't enjoy pvp , only do for daily ad. So I want a new build that recks stuff in pve, this build is good I can do all content, I am level 66 right now. So for lvl 70, what gear should I get and what stats to focus on. I just want to go slteath and do damage. My knowledge of neverwinter isn't very big since I just started 1 week ago.

Comments

• talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/tr?b=2xgm:yufk6p:a5u8:a11gc,13j3iei:1000000:1z05000:1uu0uuv&h=0&p=min&o=0

These, with some variants, are solid Pve Builds, blur is using it, i am using more or less the same (sparing one point in toughness, and maxed out scoundrel training).

If you want to stay as a Mi Exe the trick is, to maximise proccing the Sod capstone. A stealthed dazing strike, wicked reminder or lashing blade should do this.

If your gear is not that good, do it the safe way and stun add groups with an stealthed smoke, later with better gear, enchants and so on, you can try a more risky rotation:
    Stealth - whirlwind - restealth from invisible infiltrator - dazing strike - smoke - blade flurry ( for trash mobs)

bossfights: stealth - wicked reminder - lurkers - smoke - restealth - duellist flurry - at the end with a minimum stealth left - lashing blade or dazing strike. (dazing strike if the party can't kill a boss in a minute bc of the lower cooldown).

active artifact:
    your choice: lantern is more group friendly, wheel for your personal dps.

But be warned, even then and with best gear, a Tr is meanwhile again in the position to be the weakest dd, since mod 10 we did (guildwise and premade) a few CN runs and still Gwf, Hr, SW, CW (Thaum) and now also some Gf deal more dps than my 4k Tr.
  • aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User
    There aren't a lot of updated builds because, honestly, not much has changed between mod 7/8 and now. So any builds you find from back then are still 99% viable today.
    The meta right now seems to be a Master Infiltrator Executioner build, but copy your character to preview server and play around to see what works for you. Personally, I'm using the "Sunny" build that talon1970 linked that's Exe with 15 points into Scoundrel, although I've run WK Scoundrel too and found that fun.

At 70, there's plenty of things to do - personally, I'd work on upgrading your gear (run dungeons), getting some epic weapons and enchantments, building AD (dungeons, skirmishes, etc.), and getting your campaigns going to get your boons. Underdark is probably the easiest for upgrading your gear as you can get Drowcraft for relatively little work (just farm heroic encounters with other people).
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    Like Talon said try to keep SoD activated as much as you can. I would like to add DC sigil as artifact besides Lantern and Wheel, it helps you fill AP faster and performs good for mob fights, simply because Whirlwind of Blades+Blade Flurry is melting everything. For boss fights Wheel or Lantern.

About how good we perform vs other dps classes, GWF is definitely at top, simply a powerhouse but i wouldnt rule us out vs other classes. SW was insane, maybe even better than GWF, at least in CN, but after mod10 SW dmg has been "normalised".
    A friend SW of mine, who was doing 2x or 3x more dmg than me in CN now does maybe 30% more dmg than me(i am worse geared than him atm) so i guess we can compete with SW now.
    I have seen a CW do insane dmg as well, after Elol nerf where they suffered the most. Few CW's did 2x more dmg than me.
    Never saw a HR do that much more but i dont doubt there are few who can.
    Saw a GF also, some say GF is the best dps class, superior even to GWF but not many play it as dps.
    At last, problem with TR, in my oppinion, is its hard to make it good. I saw only 2 or 3 TR's who did 2x or more dmg than me.
    Yes, they were offensewise probably maxed and i can still improve a lot but still i dont have an explanation how they do that much more.
    After next 2x rp ill try to max offense enchants and change to half-orc and reroll base stats and guild power boons will be rank 9 soon so i will be missing 1k power from guild boon and a possible 2k power from not having BI Warhorse, so 3k power will be the difference compared to those max TR's(~3k is a guess but depends how much power u get from gear, enchants, artifacts...) and ill check how i compete with them then.
  • iamfiredup#1157 iamfiredup Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    blur#5900 said:

Like Talon said try to keep SoD activated as much as you can. I would like to add DC sigil as artifact besides Lantern and Wheel, it helps you fill AP faster and performs good for mob fights, simply because Whirlwind of Blades+Blade Flurry is melting everything. For boss fights Wheel or Lantern.

About how good we perform vs other dps classes, GWF is definitely at top, simply a powerhouse but i wouldnt rule us out vs other classes. SW was insane, maybe even better than GWF, at least in CN, but after mod10 SW dmg has been "normalised".
    A friend SW of mine, who was doing 2x or 3x more dmg than me in CN now does maybe 30% more dmg than me(i am worse geared than him atm) so i guess we can compete with SW now.
    I have seen a CW do insane dmg as well, after Elol nerf where they suffered the most. Few CW's did 2x more dmg than me.
    Never saw a HR do that much more but i dont doubt there are few who can.
    Saw a GF also, some say GF is the best dps class, superior even to GWF but not many play it as dps.
    At last, problem with TR, in my oppinion, is its hard to make it good. I saw only 2 or 3 TR's who did 2x or more dmg than me.
    Yes, they were offensewise probably maxed and i can still improve a lot but still i dont have an explanation how they do that much more.
    After next 2x rp ill try to max offense enchants and change to half-orc and reroll base stats and guild power boons will be rank 9 soon so i will be missing 1k power from guild boon and a possible 2k power from not having BI Warhorse, so 3k power will be the difference compared to those max TR's(~3k is a guess but depends how much power u get from gear, enchants, artifacts...) and ill check how i compete with them then.

Well I am using CW as alt, I really like to play as trickster rogue, lot of fun dodging, going stealth and killing mobs. Well I made a mistake to use half elf as my race. Since I didn't know much about neverwinter. I have no problem doing the content for lvl 66, I guess it will get harder.Maybe they sohuld buff him XD
  • blur#5900 blur Member Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Take it slowly, all can be fixed (for the right amount of ZEN). I made same mistake, picked race which i liked visually and picked first stats i got, didnt know it was possible to reroll. TR is really annoying in the beggining, weak and hard to solo anything but gets better and more fun later as u gear up properly.
    Edit: Feel free to ask anything here in forum, about things u plan to do, maybe some1 can advise u and tell u to go forward with your plans or to stop u from making a mistake and wasting resources.
  • iamfiredup#1157 iamfiredup Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    blur#5900 said:

Take it slowly, all can be fixed (for the right amount of ZEN). I made same mistake, picked race which i liked visually and picked first stats i got, didnt know it was possible to reroll. TR is really annoying in the beggining, weak and hard to solo anything but gets better and more fun later as u gear up properly.
    Edit: Feel free to ask anything here in forum, about things u plan to do, maybe some1 can advise u and tell u to go forward with your plans or to stop u from making a mistake and wasting resources.

also, boons? I really didn't find TR hard, I soloed everything and still do. Apprentice healer and some health potions are always needed