test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove the EF Resist Requirement from FBI.

Comments

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I propose a different option:

Keep it as is or raise it, because I want this content to die a miserable death of protest and non-participation so that maybe this time the company will finally learn that this sort of idea DOES NOT WORK in this game.
  • fuglymookfuglymook Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    most of the core members of my guild have decided not waste time on endless grind or forking over cash for inferior gear to enter a dungeon with crappy rewards. If the DEVS wanted to gate this dungeon it should have been moved to the top of the campaign tree. The requirements kill the option of people gearing multiple toons up to run the new dungeon. I am just going to finish campaign and skip dungeon and hope for something better next MOD.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User

Its far worse the mod 3, the lowered the resistance pretty quickly so you could get into KR with two pieces of armor on (which we then all swapped out anyways) Because.. ya, grinding for black ice was long and boring and stupid and nobody was happy with it.

You cant do this here, not only would you need to buy 4 pieces, you would STILL have to grind **** campaign junk to get in.

All SO we can again can take off the **** armor and use something better.

Even if they made the new armors super.. (and how far do they want to push things) it comes down you have to maintain them.. and that sux, so 90% of the time you still would not wear them, due to the penalty of using them.

This is the part that is the same mistake, most of the players didnt like the empowered system, and wanted it gone.. we were all glad when we ditched that junk.

But now they bring it back.. then triple the amount of grind needed in this mod (if not more.. it maybe a sixfold amount of grinding)

I share your opinion in this matter as well.

I'm in no hurry at all.. If people really want to grind themselves to death for gear that will be only useful in basically one place.. that will be complete junk after this Mod cycle is over good for them.

I'm not getting on that merry go round.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• xxmantaraxxxxmantaraxx Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    This campaign will be just like IWD for me. I did my dailys and weeklys and once I finished the boons I pretty much just logged in to pray until the dragon campaign came along. They killed black ice damage and resistance and removed its requirements from KR like the community had asked.

I personally find this mechanic to be a slap in the face to long time NW players. Black ice damage and black ice empowerment and black ice gear were the worst changes to NW. This mod is forcing me to carry 2 sets of gear at all times just like IWD.

I may just work on alt progression a for a while but most likely will check out some other f2p games to fill my time while they figure out how to listen to their community.

Ara Atheanes GWF
    Traxus Atheanes GF
    Bastiel Atheanes DC
    Ellara Atheanes CW
    Keira Atheanes TR
    Sarasin Atheanes SW
    Jerkface McGee HR
    -MANTARA- OP

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    It's not forcing you to do anything. Just ignore it, keep using DF of you don't pvp, and using Lionsmane and/or Prestige if you do. I run pvp gear in PvE - I don't bother switching gear. It's not necessary. Sure, I'm not min/maxed to perfection for pve, but who cares? Not like it matters anyway.

I agree though, everfrost and resistance and empowerment... make it go away. Take pvp drains and the ambush ring with it.
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    I have no interest to run this dungeon if there is requirements like this, and if the rewards I am getting are nothing better than a CN run lol
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    It is not enough, that we have to grind 'entertaining' quests day after day for measly boons, we should spent hour farming HEs or Zen for an inferior piece of gear I wont use after I got the better one in the dungeon and tbh I will keep using HV set, so no sensible progress here.

Not happening on this side.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I think the content of the mod is pretty good so far. Just the grind to get into FBI is crazy. And once you get there, you probably find FBI not to be a pug-able instance. The end reward of high-maintenance armor pieces you wouldn't wear outside of IWD is not appealing. So I'm just going to take it easy this mod. Just do the weeklies, and maybe some dailies, with my four alts and wait for the next mod.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    At this point I dont care like at all. The moment I heard about the resistance requirement I had memories of black ice refreshed and I immediately decided not to do the new dungeon. This is what Cryptic truly excels at - turning oфf the players.
    Post edited by emilemo on
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.

I like the idea that Everfrost resistance actually matters for that dungeon. It gives the dungeon a special flavor and feel to it. I just don't want that to be totally thrown out because people don't want to change gear and be able to speed run it for loot, like it's just CN with snow.

There's something to be said for preserving unique flavors to these things. If people want a harder CN, just give them a harder CN...don't totally ruin the flavor of Fangbreaker Island by dumbing down or removing the Everfrost mechanic.

So again, do I think there should be a hard requirement of X% resistance to get in? No.

Do I think Everfrost resistance should really matter? Yes.

Right the old Kessel was also so very special right? With the black ice requirement and all. I still recall how we unequipped the silly gear the moment we zoned in.
    solbergx said:

I do support this, but you guys got to understand the game cannot stay still, it has to change and keep moving! The new armor must have an use!!!

Yea but it is a temporary use and it will get removed once enough players have been frustrated to death. Here is this tall tree and immediately after you climb it we will cut it down so your effort will mean pretty much nothing..
  • hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Sometimes I wonder if Cryptic is performing a social study to determine how much shiznit players will take...
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I never got round to doing KR until the BI resist level had been removed. Same principal will apply here.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    It's totally ok.

Because I don't particularly want to hear all the whining from people that it's too hard just because they couldn't bother to have a decent frost resistance or il 3.1k. People should be able to survive for a while in fbi without buffs and de-buffs from fellow party members (because they will die in there), and it's easy to die in there (a lot)

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    This poll is a slap to the face to players with more than one character they play.

Not only do you have to waste your time with an even more grindy campaign, you gotta grind for subpar gear with everfrost resists. You obviously want to keep your old elemental pants/shirt with better stats and ilvl, but you now have to waste even more bag space on this garbage.

More grindy boons. As if ALL the others including tiamat isn't enough torment.

As if it all wasn't a big enough joke, AD from invoking was removed. So I can't even do the campaign anyway because I have to play constantly to earn enough AD which is becoming more and more alt unfriendly than ever before. I need GMoP, tons of them.

Need to grind campaign for weeks to bother with FBI. Need EF resist to enter it, which is another set of gear in your inventory. You need AD to further progress your character, but hard to do that if you're busy playing the campaign. Less you have 24 hours to play you sacrifice something, then you gotta go grind the other part anyway so it's just more time on your hands.

The whole EF gimmick is just a ploy to tempt people to buy zen anyway so screw this campaign. The first boon and I'm done with it. The rewards aren't worth the trouble.
  • reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Maybe the devs should seriously listen to the forum complaints. But nothing would change sometimes, such is the development fate of MMORPGs sometimes...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Its sad, as I was quite excited for this (new content!) but now.. relegated to in all likely hood never running it.

They overstepped their own ambition on this one.

edited August 2016
    Since mod 4, they have trended to make this game playable by only one toon, some of us that have been around, have had enough resources to branch out some more, but it becomes harder and harder.

This game is way to narrowly focused on one toon and not the account of players, I wish they could find a better balance.

However, even if I only played just one toon, I would find this annoying as heck, to grind this amount , to get gear, that is at best lateral (and most of the time sub par) to what we already have, to run one dungeon, that drops nothing of any value at all.

We just want to run it for fun a couple times a week.

Also, WHO cares what the normal pug group says.. if BY the time they reach 3.1k in game, they didnt figure out the synergy in buffs, what each class should be doing, how it is done, how you really support each other and a base build that works in most situations, then they have no reason to enter this dungeon anyways.

I feel really bad for all the poeple who worked on this, only for it to be ripped away from the players in this manner.

There is zero reason to gate it in said manner.. zero.

If we enter and we get slapped around, thats on us, not you.

Stop hand holding your playerbase when it comes to content, you do way.. WAY to much of it.

• reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Some people say that grinding is normal.. some people say grinding is not justified. So does this mean people are done with this game or gonna keep complaining? Devs have been awful quiet.
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User

Its sad, as I was quite excited for this (new content!) but now.. relegated to in all likely hood never running it.

They overstepped their own ambition on this one.

This is the crux of the issue. Here we have mod10 and many are excited for new content, for a new challenging dungeon and then it's released and...this dungeon is hiding behind time gates, gear gates, grind gates and item level gates. What a good way to squash enthusiasm for your product. I think people, though some were upset, would be okay with the item level and time gating to get to the new content, but on top of that you add gear gates and now it's simply too much. I have already stopped trying to get to FBI, I'm just going to play the campaign, do my dailies and make progress. Someday, maybe I'll play it on live, or I won't but I'm done worrying about it for now.
  • greyhawk#1973 greyhawk Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    It seems that they may be circling the wagons and trying to figure out next steps. Not listening to player feedback appears to be catching up to them, and their new mod looks like a total bust. Had they actually listened and not repeated the mistakes people told them not to repeat then I doubt we'd be in this situation.

It boggles my mind that people tell them for weeks on preview that they're going down the wrong path and they still do it. Most developers I've seen actually try to learn from past mistakes but these guys... It's amazing.
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    diogene0 said:

You're approaching things the wrong way. The point is that the devs want you to spend time to unlock the new content you're supposed to enjoy. The requirements could be 100k voninblod to unlock the thing; the point is making you spend time on the new content. You're not offering any alternatives to the devs so that they do what you want while achieving their goals, thus, it will not happen.

I'm going to do the content and finish whatever gate I need in the campaign to unlock everything. I'm just not excited to pray to rnGeezus to try to get a broken piece of gear from HEs (Which are really burning out everyone in the game already) to fix it up when it's not even necessary- nor does it help me on long term progression.

Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    I don't care about the requirement. Since I can't see a damn thing in BS I won't be doing the expansion anyway so I'll never get to the dungeon. Sorry for everyone else though.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    The Prices of Stuff

These are the prices on Preview after 6 market tasks have been completed. The original prices for the epic pants and shirt was 10k Vs and 50 TT Supplies. They'll drop to 5k and 25 TT supplies when ya unlock all tasks.

Ye'll have to decide if it's cheaper to get the pants and shirt at original price or wait a couple more weeks to get at lower price. :s
    Now that more information is known, its worse then I feared, it will take forever to get the actual junk gear you need to enter. See below, these are reducable, but of course you have to spend more vblood and rep to reduce the costing.

Just LOL funny to think of the sheer amount of time needed.

Drops the microphone, there is no defense for this. None of you can even remotely come to the conclusion this is a ok gating mechanic after seeing these prices.

The whole system is super flawed atm.

I know some of you would want to switch your vote now =P.

Vblood is one thing.. you can farm that non stop, but rep isnt, its gated per day and a couple of weeklies , so you can only get so much so fast, and you still need it to open up the encounter to start with.

Plus your going to have to succumb to doing mindnumbing hes to get the vblood needed.

plus you will also need EVEN more vblood to empower the junk gear.

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    valwryn said:

The Prices of Stuff

These are the prices on Preview after 6 market tasks have been completed. The original prices for the epic pants and shirt was 10k Vs and 50 TT Supplies. They'll drop to 5k and 25 TT supplies when ya unlock all tasks.

Ye'll have to decide if it's cheaper to get the pants and shirt at original price or wait a couple more weeks to get at lower price. :s
    So that will mean finding 10k VB and 50 TT for the pants and shirt along with another 5k VB and 40 TT for the two Armor kits. Total 15k VB and 90 TT to get 12% Everfrost Resistance. You need 9k VB and 40 TT to open the 2nd boon for a further 2% (plus the Secrets of Ostoria of course but they can only be spent on boons, so not a huge problem). You can only earn 9 TT a day plus 4 for each of the weeklies so that is at most 75 TT a week once you've opened all the areas. You need VB and TT to open the different campaign stages just to have access to the gear and kits, never mind paying for them, so with all the VB and TT sinks in operation it looks like people could be looking at getting into FBI somewhere around Christmas* ..... if they are lucky and have the time :( When is Mod 10.5/11 getting released I wonder ?

*OK, maybe a slight exaggeration there...but not much of one and for 2-3 day a week casual players more like an underestimate.