test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Valindra VS Owlbear of INT ?

nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
Has anyone tried switching valindra belt out for greater Owlbear of intelligence ?

I plan on swapping the two when double refine comes, and hoping to get some more informed opinions before I feed ol' Val into the new one. I'm not sure how significant combat advantage is since its change ?

But I figure if I swap the two then I'll have 32 intelligence ( 34 with potions ). That's gotta be worth something right ??

Comments

• niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    For SS val belt is better.
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    @niadan, is that simply due to the additional critical chance from the charisma? In combat I'm around 77% crit chance I think, and that will go up on september 1 :smiley::smile::smile: If someone has 100% crit chance, would that make owlbear the better choice?
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Look at the total picture. What are you sacrificing to get to 100% crit WITHOUT the added Charisma from the Val belt? Anyways we are splitting min/max hairs here, as you will probably not actually see much of a difference, thus why change?
    Post edited by niadan on
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    You get +critical chance/combat advantage damage with CHA, so you have to factor that in, too. The CA change only affected the pets, not the other stat bonuses from CA.

But either way, I agree with @niadan and it probably starts to split hairs at some point. You'll still have to pay for the marks to upgrade, and I wouldn't spend the AD on those for what, at best, might amount to a percent or two increase, at best.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited August 2016

You get +critical chance/combat advantage damage with CHA, so you have to factor that in, too. The CA change only affected the pets, not the other stat bonuses from CA.

But either way, I agree with @niadan and it probably starts to split hairs at some point. You'll still have to pay for the marks to upgrade, and I wouldn't spend the AD on those for what, at best, might amount to a percent or two increase, at best.

Marks are super cheap now. I'd be more worried about wards and resonance. 500k resonance and a 10% chance at success is something like 400k+ AD. Every always gets a lot more worried about artifact equipment than they should be.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    very good points. I'd need to makeup for the crit lost from CHA and the cost of upgrading would effect my upgrading for bonding stones. I love the bonding stone change, but it is so massively more expensive than my augment was. I think last I looked r12's were 4.5 mil... So 13mil just for 200% more stat than my old cat.
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Orcus vs valindra? Orcus vs lostmauth? Orcus vs owlbear inteligence?