test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adamant Ingots - Where? How?

bcolfleshbcolflesh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
I completed the 12 rivets Masterwork Platesmithing task, now it's saying make 4 Adamant Plates - this requires Adamant Ingots, which are not sold by the merchant, and not available on the Explorer scrolls, according to their tooltip - so where are they? How do you get Adamant Ingots?

Comments

• hiperion16hiperion16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    They are made in another masterwork profession so you either have to lvl the specific profession up to make them or buy them from the AH.
  • bcolfleshbcolflesh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    They don't display as an option in another profession - and the merchant doesn't give me an option to level some other profession - what is the next step to create the ingots?
  • vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    When I approached this, I did all of the first level quests for all 8 MW professions. Then I proceeded to the second level quests. That way I can make all of the items for the second level quests.

In order to make the adamant plates you need to have completed the first level of Platesmithing Masterwork quests. Then you get the recipe to make them. If you don't want to do them then your only option is to buy them from the AH.

Hope that helps,

V.
    "In order to make the adamant plates you need to have completed the first level of Platesmithing Masterwork quests."

I did them and delivered the rivets to the guy, I got nothing in return except a request to create 4 Adamant Plates, which need Adamant Ingots to create - you see the logic here, right? I'm starting to realize this is probably a bug which means I'm screwed out of 12 rivets...
    Ok, to be clear then - the only way to complete any of the professions is to do all the level 1 versions first, then the level 2 in a specific order - and none of this is mentioned anywhere? I assume if I abandon this current "Step Up to the Plate" to do the other level 1 quests, I lose all the rivets I created, because "screw you, customer" right?
  • callofkutulucallofkutulu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 56 Arc User
    bcolflesh said:

Ok, to be clear then - the only way to complete any of the professions is to do all the level 1 versions first, then the level 2 in a specific order - and none of this is mentioned anywhere? I assume if I abandon this current "Step Up to the Plate" to do the other level 1 quests, I lose all the rivets I created, because "**** you, customer" right?

now you know why masterwork was such a waste of time and AD that most people just skipped
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    bcolflesh said:

Ok, to be clear then - the only way to complete any of the professions is to do all the level 1 versions first, then the level 2 in a specific order - and none of this is mentioned anywhere? I assume if I abandon this current "Step Up to the Plate" to do the other level 1 quests, I lose all the rivets I created, because "**** you, customer" right?

You don't loose the progress if that progress has unlocked something for you afaik. For example, I collected Gold Ore and gave it to him, and it unlocked making Nuggets, Ingots, etc... I didn't loose the progress after abandoning and was able to resume. I gave Nuggets the next time, and he wanted Ingots, but nothing was unlocked. I abandoned again :p and this time it started back at collect Nuggets.
    FrozenFire