test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Manticore Lockbox are the current worst ever

wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
not many good choices to have, rest of the are pure junks.

i dont see any genie pack or even any chance of "random" prize of small amount of Ads, or any wards, or a chance of getting 1 "power point".
i am aware of nerfed idol resonators and it was already taken out due to exploits, even they are just random chances.

my stock of T-bars are becoming massive since there nothing to buy from T-bar vendor since removing. i want to see them back, maybe with better pricing range, since 65 tbars or 100 tbars are too cheap, maybe 250 or 300, but i dont care if they cost 500 tbars if they came back as bound to account/character to preventing to sell on auction.
ADs should had been reduced from chances of 64k or 32k down to less than 10k and the odds to getting them should be smaller chances, if the devs fix them as cheat-proof when it is no longer exploitable.

what i see this current lockbox is just one man junk is other man's treasure.

Comments

• nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    If your just stockpiling trade bars then you're missing out on a great source of extra revenue. Just a thought
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    I'm making lots of profits off of them, don't know what your problem is.

Genie's gifts were largely obsoleted when demons got added to several of the campaigns, anyway.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    genie gift good for alts
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    This lockbox sucks, 2 green insignia which I got as a reward is a major kick in the teeth.

This lockbox sucks, 2 green insignia which I got as a reward is a major kick in the teeth.

You're doing it wrong. Sell the lotto tickets, buy what you actually want.
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

I'm making lots of profits off of them, don't know what your problem is.

Genie's gifts were largely obsoleted when demons got added to several of the campaigns, anyway.

Genie's gift obsoletes ? When it comes to the Stronghold, they're everything but "obsolete"...
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    I think since Glorious Resurgence boxes they have gotten progressively worse. For opening that is, can't speak about selling them.
    when i get compamion pack from boxes, i always get 2 tokens and pet tome and some rank 8/9 when i want 30 tokens to level up some pets.
    seem the devs had this all wrong, like they failed at the Rules of Companion 101. so backward. these tomes for pets should be very extremely rare but they come like loads of toliet papers.
    wylonus said:

when i get compamion pack from boxes, i always get 2 tokens and pet tome and some rank 8/9 when i want 30 tokens to level up some pets.
    seem the devs had this all wrong, like they failed at the Rules of Companion 101. so backward. these tomes for pets should be very extremely rare but they come like loads of toliet papers.

Sell the lotto tickets, buy what you want.

If you had just sold those companion boxes you would already have the AD you need to upgrade your companion. And companion XP is super easy to get anyway. It takes almost no time at all to max out a new companion for a level 70 character.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

wylonus said:

Sell the lotto tickets, buy what you want.

If you had just sold those companion boxes you would already have the AD you need to upgrade your companion. And companion XP is super easy to get anyway. It takes almost no time at all to max out a new companion for a level 70 character.
    The Runic Lockbox is still HAMSTER. Top prize is only going for ~10m AD and there are two drops that are worth ~14k. The only good thing about it is that the HAMSTER epic prize is worth ~240k.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    edited August 2016
    Zib, you got no clue, companion upgrade tokens are bound to character, you cant buy those from auction.
    i think you are a troll that thinks know everythings? everyone else knows that, BiC are no trade or no giveable.
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    wylonus said:

Zib, you got no clue, companion upgrade tokens are bound to character, you cant buy those from auction.
    i think you are a troll that thinks know everythings? everyone else knows that, BiC are no trade or no giveable.

You can upgrade a companion with AD. Getting a uncommon companion to epic costs 750k or 150 tokens. It's more cost effective to sell the augmentation packs and use AD.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
    that alot to use AD just to upgrading?, even selling some boxes, that is still load of items to sell, too slow.

seem devs still not had reduce the cost, or too lazy to do them and they seem to like nerfing so many contents to a slow crawling content almost like a pause mode.
    remember, devs DID Promised to reduce the AD cost, and they still hadnt done yet, and it been going for months. either they gave up abandoned or fall back on thier words not wanting to do them.
    it feel like we are playing "Pause-Mode Online" when there is no sense of progressions get made, it like we get a tiny drop of water so small we barely see a ripple in the giant barrel.
    wylonus said:

Like Ura said, you have *two* ways of upgrading a companion: use tokens, or pay AD. The AD is way easier to acquire. Uncommon->Rare is 250k AD, Rare->Epic is 500k AD, and Epic->Legendary is 1m. Depending on the exact status of the marketplace, sometimes it's cheaper to buy a companion as green/blue and pay to upgrade it to epic than it is to buy it at epic (namely, archons, as that's the primary companion type that can be found in the AH in multiple qualities, though it also applies to things like yetis now).

Knowledge is power! And paying attention is half the battle of learning!
    edited August 2016
    i only have limited time a week, i get about 16k ad a week average with my main since they nerfed, used to make 50k a week, i spend most on rank 8s/9s enchants to upgrade to next ranks and genie for my last alt just to catch up for boons.
    i dont play like 6-8 hours daily or used to play 10 hrs a day, i had recent injury and my hand get tired with mouse pad and often i am not at home to help others in need, and need daily walkings to keep losing my weight.
    i also plays STO and like it better but not recently, my fleetmate are getting smaller and folks get rudier on chats.
    another reason why i play less, the devs wont fix seller spam when they use mailboxes even i am set as anon. only friends and guilds can see my chats. i dont hang around in PE that where they collect names for spammings.

earning is limited, base on my free times, devs cut too much to hurt causal players, i ran with guild to get seals when i needed, but that was months ago. beside, my bags are nearly full and what do i sell wasnt enough or waiting for next 2x refine bonus to use up marks, gems and other refine items that been sitting for months, and now i need c-wards, but i cant keep up chasing them when others keep raising the cost and i am tired of imaginary carrot that might be not there on the stick.
    now this Thunder mod made it very bad with new junks for bag inventory, i had to stop every 20-30 mins to clean out and a new enchantment gem?
    Mod 6 mess up in every catagory, forced class rebalanced, new gears, more artifact junks and get set for bonus effect, and then added mound insignias to make it worst.

yes, i know about archons come in 3 tiers, it is pointless to upgrade them when you can get highest grade pet cheaper, and wonder why devs are totally clueless and not even to reduce the cost, i only have 200k ad and rest of my alts only had 30k-90k, last 2 alts got estimate 3-4 days to max out on underdark boon points and dont have drowcraft set yet. they dont survive thunder champgain since item score is too low.
    devs need to fix again with weather effects and another way for shortcut for alts catching up, we only need a main character to unlock.

my apologies if you have hard time reading my post, i am deaf, english is my native but very hard to master it take more time than mastering the chess game, it is bane to deaf communities, i had old school papers and read it, i was surprised, it was very bad and i get better at writing as i aged, still not perfect. anyone wouldnt understand me if i was 40 yrs younger. i am used to sign langauage through the years.

right now, i am playing STO for Mirror Universe event for event tokens needed, it is about federations vs evil version fed, "Terran Empire" earth counterpart, even the klingons and romulans dont like them, they are more dangerous and advanced than federations.
    urabask said:

The Runic Lockbox is still ****. Top prize is only going for ~10m AD and there are two drops that are worth ~14k. The only good thing about it is that the **** epic prize is worth ~240k.

I never value a lockbox based on what its top prizes give. I can expect 0 of the legendaries, and at most 1 of the epic prizes, during the box's drop period, so their value contribution to me is negligible. The more valuable they are the less likely they tend to be, too. I don't value it based on what its least desirable drops are, either. I value it on the average value of what I can regularly expect to see drop. And right now I'm seeing lots of artifact weapon packs and companion packs, and those are 40k+. A few stronghold packs here and there, but even if I got nothing but stronghold packs for a month that'd still cover the cost of a month of VIP with a 15% off coupon, so in no way whatsoever am I going to be losing AD directly (especially since I'm running on a 6 month VIP from a 50% off sale), and I'm definitely profiting by a nice margin over the 425,000 AD/month effective maximum VIP cost. Granted I can't be arsed with trying to figure out if an older lockbox has higher typical yields (some of them seem to drop the obviously crummy stuff way more often than others do, even when they're basically identically crummy stuff), so it's possible I'm losing out on opportunity cost. But for taking zero effort, it's solid.
    it okay, sorry. i noticed most of current boxes i open, it seem i get 2-3 days of same rewards. it made me think RNG played a joke, when i get artifact, and got them 2-3 days in a row, and then 4 days later, i get companion pack and got them for 2-3 days in a row, same items, and then 7th, or a week later, i get 2-3 more days straight with artifacts again
    i hardly see any new companion pet, or weapons, or new mound from the boxes.
    i often get same enchant rank 8/9 for 2-3 days.

doesnt look like it is random enough, i get repeats, i just had companion pack 2 days, look like i might be getting voucher pack or dumb insignia pack, and i just see timer reset, back in a few minutes if my prediction would be right.
    just back, prediction not accurate, just artifact again, 2 more cube of augmenations and blue refinestone.

that pretty weak rewards and i dont need anymore cubes,
    i didnt get lot of firemane boxes, they seem got cut short and brought back older box we didnt like
  • thevaliant#9250 thevaliant Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    What are the best lockboxes to open currently, do you think?
  • urlord283urlord283 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    I'm not a fan of the new boxes
    best ones got nerfed since they took out idol resonators.
    Maybe New Life?
  • killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    New Life are the best but you need to open at least enough to get a purple for them to pay off.
    edited September 2016
    See next post....

New Life are the best but you need to open at least enough to get a purple for them to pay off.

How many would that be... a rough estimate?