test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

High Prophet DC's are people too.

asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
Just trying to inform the masses that you should be happy when you get a High Prophet DC in you CN group, EDEMO group, or any group for that matter. In this case, and maybe this case only for some, you should not judge that DC by his/her Item Level. The High Prophet Set has an individual Item Level of 84 per piece of said armor. Which is a good bit lower than the 142 Dragonflight Armor. But I guarantee you that a High Prophet DC will make any run quicker and easier for you. So if a DC is rocking the High Prophet and only has a 2.5k IL, just know that DC is better than a 3.5IL DC...given the people have equal skill with the class. And don't leave a group because of their IL, or send them messages saying they should not be running CN/EDEMO/etc because of their low IL.

Just a Public Service Announcement for a friend.

Comments

• crysta11inecrysta11ine Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    It only lowers your item level by 218 or so points.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    At 2.5K, I don't think a High Prophet should not be running CN and probably not eDemo. And yes, I run HP clerics and have been a strong proponent of them, but I also know their limitations. Tiamat, Dragon Heralds, Dragonflight, some skirmishes are where they can truly shine. T2 dungeons, a few can pull them off, most cannot.

HP only lowers ilvl by about 10% at 2000 down to 5% for max ilvl from a similarly geared DC, but loses about 40%-60% in hit points and has no overload slots. Not to mention the drop in power. This needs to be made up for by being overgeared in the Enchantment, Artifacts etc areas. In other words, a higher ilvl in those areas. Net effect, HPDC needs a higher ilvl to function effectively in dungeons, not a lower one or it needs some major stat boosts from another source. Companion or SH boons, perhaps. An HPDC that is in a level 20 guild, would be an example of that.
  • nem3slsnem3sls Member Posts: 332 Arc User
    Vets know that, new players don't.
    The Legendary Outlaws

maintaining HR, DC, GWF, TR, SW, CW, OP, 4 Kids and 1 wife :p Dungeon runs anyone?

Tweet me @ nem3sis_AUT
    Streaming NWXbox daily @ 7PM CEST My Twitch
    When is this for you? Worldtime Buddy

I miss you Boo :(
  • asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    I disagree that a 2.5k HPDC is not useful in T2 dungeons and higher. Would it be awesome if that were higher, of course. But I have run, as I am sure many of you have, with many variations in CN. And when my friend is in there with his HP the run is instantly 3min maybe 4min faster. It's the set bonus that does the most, and the DC IL has no effect on that set bonus.

But, if you really would prefer a normal 3k DC over a 2.5k HPDC, then thats all on you. Enjoy the longer CN/EDEMO/etc that you are going through. Everyone likes different things, I personally love the fact that just yesterday with my buddy we got our fastest guild CN run at 9min 49secs. And I highly doubt we would have w/o his HPDC.
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    HP, KC, and HV outclass any sets at 70. You'll find people who say they don't help as much, or are a hinderance because of the low hp but thats the outside looking in. Anyone whos from Mod4/5 or those who got lucky and collected a set know its unmatched, even in mod10 for team buff.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    At a loss of only a couple of hundred IL it's easy to make up the points difference - most players wouldn't even check what armor you're wearing, just your total IL.

There's no doubting the effectiveness of the set but at 2.5k (effectively 2.7k) you'll have purple/orange artifacts and probably rank 7/8 enchantments, that's probably the part that's putting them off.

We have an HP DC in our guild who sits at 3.4k the last time I checked. Once you get over 2.8k (effectively 3k) nobody will have an issue regardless of their lack of knowledge.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
    I get that, but people that don't realize how good the set is don't realize that even a 2.5k HPDC is better then a 3.5k reg dc. (given that both people know the class)
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    I like HP (HitPoints) on my GWF/TR and I love HP (HighProphet) in a dungeon.

'and that's all I got to say on the matter'

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Well, if you have HP and 2.5k IL is either by choice or coz you recently returned to the game after a year or so, and I think both would know their stuff. Also in that note, support classes' IL is more forgiving than DPS' IL, if you finish 3rd (or last w/e) in the paingiver board everyone will blame your IL, but for supports most groups don't mind as long as no one dies, lol.
    I agree with that notion. My main reason for making the post was to try and inform people that some, if not most, HPDC may be a little low IL wise. But that does not give anyone the right to PM the person and tell them to: leave, get better gear, delete that weak toon, or the simple GTFO. All of these things my friend has gotten recently while using his HPDC, and its a shame how unaware so many people are about the power of a HPDC, even at a 2.5kIL.
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User
    Frankly, too many people are dump-happy with CN.
    My TR is just under 2.6k and I would love to run this dungeon from start to finish.
    I have achieved this just once since the only way I seem to be able to get near the end is through replacing people who jump/get dumped.
    I've lost count of the number of times I've been booted within seconds of starting. I can't understand why people do this. At least let someone prove they are HAMSTER in the first few encounters before dumping them off the back of their IL score.

Because I'm 5 hours ahead of most of my guild I tend to solo/PuG through necessity, and the one item am really after is only available in CN (purple ring of Instant Lifesteal).

I regularly score top on other dungeons, even with teams of characters 7 or 8 hundred IL above me, but because my 2586 is deemed HAMSTER, I don't get the chance to show that I know how to use what I've got.
  • manyvengeancemanyvengeance Member Posts: 172 Arc User

My TR is just under 2.6k and I would love to run this dungeon from start to finish.
    I have achieved this just once since the only way I seem to be able to get near the end is through replacing people who jump/get dumped.
    I've lost count of the number of times I've been booted within seconds of starting. I can't understand why people do this. At least let someone prove they are **** in the first few encounters before dumping them off the back of their IL score.

Because I'm 5 hours ahead of most of my guild I tend to solo/PuG through necessity, and the one item am really after is only available in CN (purple ring of Instant Lifesteal).

I regularly score top on other dungeons, even with teams of characters 7 or 8 hundred IL above me, but because my 2586 is deemed ****, I don't get the chance to show that I know how to use what I've got.

This is what this thread is all about (I think...? lol), back when Mod 6 and the whole IL started, the system meant something for a while, nowadays with all the Insignias, Bondings, Boons and all that good stuff that doesn't affect IL, it makes it kinda meaningless tbh.
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Maybe a bit off topic...but ILVL should include companions gear, attributes, mount powers, insignia bonus, etc.

Just having a high ILVL does not make a good player or having a low ILVL mean you are not.
    ...unfortunately there are a lot of just bad players who may mash buttons and have a build that would never work in a group setting which helps explains the thought process that goes judgement
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User

I've lost count of the number of times I've been booted within seconds of starting. I can't understand why people do this. At least let someone prove they are **** in the first few encounters before dumping them off the back of their IL score.

I regularly score top on other dungeons, even with teams of characters 7 or 8 hundred IL above me, but because my 2586 is deemed ****, I don't get the chance to show that I know how to use what I've got.

I hope the alliance is helping you in your time of need.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Who cares about the ilvl of a DC anyhow? The only DC buffs that scale off gear is annointed army and Empowered Astral Shield. Everything else, doesn't scale at all. A 2k DC may as well be as effective as a 4k DC for buffing if neither are playing a power share build.
    I like @thefabricant

:)
  • crysta11inecrysta11ine Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I would guess that most 2.5ks that get instant kicked are running totally wrong gear/enchants/artifacts etc.
    When I first came back to neverwinter I ran edemos at ~2300 in high prophet and never had anyone complain or kick me.

You are only losing extra power sharing and some personal damage the DC does when running with a lower item level DC.
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    @thefabricant

When you gonna send me the #s on a mod10 bowman so i know what kinda stat curve to build <3
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • mordekai#1901 mordekai Member Posts: 1,598 Arc User

I hope the alliance is helping you in your time of need.

I wish...

Sadly, the guild I chose to join was and remains new and low level. The one thing the guild has done that has frustrated me is to form an alliance with guilds of equal or lower level.
    We should be third tier in an alliance with bigger, stronger, guilds not at the top.

As a consequence we struggle to get enough big hitters to kill one dragon...

Swings and roundabouts though... for the small guilds allying with big guilds I don't see a reason for them to put any real effort in to getting stuff they can access from allies... At best this will lead to stagnation... at worst guilds will fall into eventual entropy.
    At least we'll continue to grow.
  • sicklikeflusicklikeflu Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Kicking a High Prophet from a dungeon? Lo lolol!
    Problem I have with the old sets is that they can be too powerful if used in the right type of groups.

There have been people who complain about content being too easy, or a class being OP, and to prove it they post a video of a 10 second orcus kill or something to prove it. What they neglect to point out is that team members (at least in a few vids I've seen) have HP/HV/KC, ect sets.

I'd venture to guess less than 10% of the player base have these old sets, so the idea that game dynamics could/would be adjusted by arc to be more challenging because a few people use these sets affectively is absurd to me.

Kicking a High Prophet from a dungeon? Lo lolol!
    Problem I have with the old sets is that they can be too powerful if used in the right type of groups.

There have been people who complain about content being too easy, or a class being OP, and to prove it they post a video of a 10 second orcus kill or something to prove it. What they neglect to point out is that team members (at least in a few vids I've seen) have HP/HV/KC, ect sets.

I'd venture to guess less than 10% of the player base have these old sets, so the idea that game dynamics could/would be adjusted by arc to be more challenging because a few people use these sets affectively is absurd to me.

Yep, my friend has literally been kicked from CN, and the people that kicked him said it was because his IL was too low and they wanted a 3k+ DC. He said he was High Prophet, and they said a 3k reg DC is better than a 2.5k HPDC. I was in shock over how clueless those people were.