test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

CW class feature, which 2?

skydaddy#6405 skydaddy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
Hi all,

New player here, been playing about a week and absolutely loving the game so far. I've had a good read of Sharpedges guide and gleaned some amazing information from it but I'm really struggling to pick my passive powers.

I'm only level 54 at the moment so I realise the choices depend on certain stats but if someone could give me a general rule as to which performs best in a given scenario I'd be most grateful.

So the 3 I'm struggling to pick from are; Chilling Presence, Storm Spell and Eye of the Storm.

Currently am using CP and SS. From what I understand EotS is only better than CP below a certain crit threshold. My current crit is around 35%.

Thoughts?

Comments

• nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    I think it's Eots until 60% to crit ?
    Also I predominately lvled as MOF thaum / SS until I had. Good enough crit score, I think I switched around 70%. It was easy to level as mof
  • skydaddy#6405 skydaddy Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Cool cool, thanks mate.

So which of CP or SS would you recommend swapping out for EotS? Until I get my crit up.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Neither, stick with CP and SS. Work on your crit. Run Renegade until you are more geared for Thaum. You will get 15% then the capstone when you get there. Also you will want to be selective on your power points.
    Post edited by niadan on
    ^ great advice from @niadan
  • carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    So the 3 I'm struggling to pick from are; Chilling Presence, Storm Spell and Eye of the Storm.

Well first if you had actually read sharpedges guide properly you'd know that chilling presence simply flat out never leaves your bar, there's simply never a situation in which anything else outperforms it.

Of the remaining two, well i'm a MOFF so i can't comment there.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
    Well considering his guide is aimed at geared 70's and as I stated I am not even 60, I thought I'd get some opinions specific to my situation.

But thanks for the attempted put down.
    Look back over the guide, a lot of that information is applicable to any / all levels. For your question though, niadan's advice was spot on.
    Cheers Nathan, I appreciate yours and niadans advice. It was Carl my previous comment was directed at.

God forbid new players ask for advice on the forums! Thanks again.
  • ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Here's the discussion on it from a long time ago: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1210860/at-what-point-does-eots-become-less-effective-than-chilling-presence-for-a-thaum-ss

If you're just leveling up, with low gear levels and most of your fights are short, EotS will actually perform much better than CP. But once you get to max level and your averaging more than 60-65% critical strikes (not sheet crit, but actual crit rate) then you'll find CP+SS is always better, no matter how long or short the fight.

But I was just use your own personal experience. If you feel like you're blasting groups faster with EotS as you level, stick with it. Just understand that as you approach the end game, you'll transition to CP+SS, particularly if you use the Chilling Advantage feat.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
    @ironzerg79

That's awesome mate, thanks for the link and your input :smile:
  • candadianprincecandadianprince Member Posts: 20 Arc User

Cheers Nathan, I appreciate yours and niadans advice. It was Carl my previous comment was directed at.

God forbid new players ask for advice on the forums! Thanks again.

IKR

You would think you were a black man walking into an all white bar during the 40's or 50's. Anyways I had this same question so thanks for asking it first good luck to you.