test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TR gear and professions

It has been a while since I have played (almost two years) and I came back about a month ago. Since then I have acquired Dusk Armor, gotten my Jewelcrafting and Leatherworking to rank 14 and finished all my PVE boons (Except Sharandar and Underdark).

At this point my IL is 2300, running all Rank 8 enchants with a single Rank 9. With ALL of that info, my issue is as follows: My builds have always been team oriented, I go Glass Canon, sacrificing defense, deflect and even HP for punching power relying on my team to keep me alive so I can kill quick (I rarely run pugs), but no matter what "superior" gear I look at, it seems like I am sacrificing large amounts of power, Crit, and/or armor pen to get extra HP/Defense and IL. Even the Dragonflight armor has me giving up 700+ power or Crit to use >.< what is recommended for this??

Also, professions, what is recommended to quickly level them these days?? Way back when, Leadership armies were the thing but they seem dead now (much to the dismay of my rank 20 leadership), but the others seem to work differently?? Advice would be much appreciated!

Comments

• speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    Not sure if this will help much, but I run a high deflect/defense, "stun lock" build that seems to perform well for me. Just curious, why are you sacrificing so much to get HP/Defense if your team can keep you alive? Not trying to be a smart-a, just hoping to better understand what you are hoping to accomplish with your build.

Jewel crafting seems to level pretty fast once you get to L14 (i think) and Leather working/plate smithing seemed to go quick. Artificing was a bore so stopped and never really got into weapon smithing much.
  • zabuzamomocheezabuzamomochee Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    null

The idea is to get as much power/Crit/Armpen as possible, I am not actively trying to sacrifice HP/Defense/Deflect but I am willing to sacrifice them to hit harder. This is because with my team, I can rely on them to make sure I don't get hit (or refill my health if I take any damage + buffs and the like), and thus I don't need the HP/Defense/Deflect meaning I can focus my time on Power/Crit/Armpen
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Just FYI, the xbox game is ~14 months old.

Can't help you with your question. I'm not playing a rogue.
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Get the extra power and crit from guild boons and mount equip powers. There are also rings that only drop in the guild HE No Sympathy that can add a good deal of crit. Go after the relevant +5 rings if you feel lucky. IMHO, you still need that little bit of armor based defense for the end game content's splat moments when no matter what, you're standing in red and Impossible to Catch fails. For armor, go full dragonflight or mix and match with dusk or underdark to suit your preference. Add kits etc.

Leadership starts to give good RP around level 21 or so. Leatherworking is pretty easy to level, as are the other armor and weapon professions.
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I run my own personal power build, my crit is only at about 5to6k and power is at 26k with an IL at around 3k, I use an axe beak for armour pen which means I can choose other options for armour.

Make sure you look at the set bonuses when choosing armour, I run 2 pieces of dragon flight and 2 pieces dusk giving me 2 set bonuses.

Reason for all the health from everything is due to the fact you will get one shotted in the likes of CN and the healers cant save you from that. :)

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)