test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Storm King's Thunder Bugs & Issues

Comments

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited August 2016

1) When salvaging an item and you have bonus rAD, the salvage window DOES NOT reflect this (i.e. it shows the amount salvaged with no bonus); however, you will receive the correct amount of rAD.

There's probably a practical limit here: say you bring up the salvage window, then you acquire rAD through something else which lowers the amount of pool available for the salvage (you claimed an overflow reward and got the 30k rAD, maybe). What do you expect to happen? If you expect the salvage window to update the value accordingly, then there has to be some sort of global communicator between everything in the game that can give rAD that can send and receive updates on pool availability. And that's really non-trivial, and something Cryptic has not shown themselves to be particularly talented at implementing. If you expect the salvage window to continue stating the now incorrect value, then people (possibly you) will complain that it lies when it doesn't give enough, or people will find a way to exploit for a little extra rAD if it actually gives the amount it originally calculated.

It's easier to use existing structure: there's a function call that adds rAD to your inventory, and it's *that* function call which checks the pool and adds bonus rAD as appropriate.
    chris361 said:

No rep from LW dailies..also Syndryth in EToS is super priestess and all we do is give her tickles and she likes to hop around way more than usual

Yeah, seconding/confirming that there's no rep from LW dailies today, which makes the entire region a big "why do we even bother?" And means it's going to take like two weeks before we can get to cold run by just doing the dailies in the Zone That Shall Blind Ye Even Still. Assuming it'll still let us get reputation from that tomorrow.

Also, Lonelywood is a vast empty wasteland. There are vast expanses of the area with no spawns at all. I can spend a minute or more on a high speed mount just trying to track down another group of mobs that drop pelts. It may be more realistic that way, but there are trolls and the Ring of Winter, so why are you bothering with realism? Give us a denser set of spawn points so we're not wasting all of this time looking for wolves and bears to slaughter for pelts.
    Post edited by zibadawa on
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Bugs: Abilities not Functioning as Intended.

Guardian Fighter:

Whilst Commander's strike itself benefiting from buffs and debuffs is intended, I sincerely doubt the fact that other people who deal damage while commander's strike is active having their abilities damage counting as the GFs damage and then double scaling with buffs and debuffs is not. Hawk Eye on HR was fixed for doing exactly this.

Scourge Warlock:

Tyrannical Threat: The debuff only applies to the initial hit of the curse and not all subsequent hits dealt to the cursed target. Furthermore, the debuff is not fixed at 20% and rather fluctuates from 20% to really high values, it seems to be dependent on buffs. Finally, the damage dealt by tyrannical threat is modified by buffs and debuffs meaning it does not do 15% and instead fluctuates to 1000's of times more than it should be hitting, sometimes for multiple times more than the hit that got its damage distributed.

Soul Scorch: Double benefits from buffs and debuffs.

Hunter Ranger:

Forest Ghost multiprocs swiftness of the fox.

• bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I made a post here: Remorhaz Companion: Excavate and Relic Scavenger - where are the extra relics going?

The remorhaz companion is supposed to have a 20% chance to obtain a relic for you after you have dug for a relic. (40% at Level 30 after unlocking the Relic Scavenger power). Upon success, a relic doesn't appear in your inventory or anywhere else for that matter.
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • sellolk771sellolk771 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User

Guardian Fighter:

Whilst Commander's strike itself benefiting from buffs and debuffs is intended, I sincerely doubt the fact that other people who deal damage while commander's strike is active having their abilities damage counting as the GFs damage and then double scaling with buffs and debuffs is not. Hawk Eye on HR was fixed for doing exactly this.

Scourge Warlock:

Tyrannical Threat: The debuff only applies to the initial hit of the curse and not all subsequent hits dealt to the cursed target. Furthermore, the debuff is not fixed at 20% and rather fluctuates from 20% to really high values, it seems to be dependent on buffs. Finally, the damage dealt by tyrannical threat is modified by buffs and debuffs meaning it does not do 15% and instead fluctuates to 1000's of times more than it should be hitting, sometimes for multiple times more than the hit that got its damage distributed.

Hunter Ranger:

Scourge Warlock

Borrowed Time: Not working at all, you receive only a small heal when combat ends (around 900 with 170.000 hp).
    Scarecrow
    zibadawa said:

Yeah, seconding/confirming that there's no rep from LW dailies today, which makes the entire region a big "why do we even bother?" And means it's going to take like two weeks before we can get to cold run by just doing the dailies in the Zone That Shall Blind Ye Even Still. Assuming it'll still let us get reputation from that tomorrow.

Seems the reputation daily quest is shared across all zones, so if you do the reputation in one of them then you can't get reputation from the others, though you can still do dailies for them.
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

zibadawa said:

Seems the reputation daily quest is shared across all zones, so if you do the reputation in one of them then you can't get reputation from the others, though you can still do dailies for them.
    On preview, the daily gave 3 quest split between LW and BS. If you did as I and did all dailies in BS and then opened LW, you won't get any rep until the next day.

• looomislooomis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Bug in the new campaign:

I do not receive Ten-Towns supplies, the amount of currency is stuck at 1.
    I got alot of supplies on tuesday and could finish the tasks "Secrets of Ostorian Relics" and "Save Lonelywood Refugees".

I did all zone quests in Bryn Shander and Lonelywood on wednesday and all Bryn Shander quests on thursday, but the amount of supplies remains the same. When I accept all quests in Lonelywood, they offer Gold, Experience and Voninblod, nothing more.

When Bryn Shander and Lonelywood are available, only the "Do 3 Quests in Lonelywood" quest gives additional currencies.
    Post edited by looomis on
  • hiddensquatchhiddensquatch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Defending the Dale quest is preventing the NPCs from giving me further quests. I don't have the quest and I can't get the quest. This is in Bryn Shander
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    There are 2 fishing bugs in Lonelywood that make it much more miserable experience than it was on the preview server:
    1. Many fishing spots are stuck in a bugged state. The glowing spot and leaping fish are visible in the water, but there is no interact spot on the shore. This greatly reduces the number of working fishing spots and forces players to compete for the few remaining spots or switch instances hoping to find working fishing spots.
    2. Fishing spots are supposed to allow 3 casts before despawning. The first cast functions correctly. The second and third casts end without any yield, not even a boot, and the fishing spot despawns.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • forumnamesuxsforumnamesuxs Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 490 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Bug: Quest Give a man a fish.

I only get fish about 1/10 times, with a purple rod. The other times no loot window appears.
    Wolves, big as a horse! I need new pants!

edited August 2016
    Bug: Relics inventory error.

Whenever I use my trovel I get this error message: [18:27] [Error] You already have all of the items in this package.
    I am getting the relics though, but I can't turn them in at the trader.
    Double clicking the relics in my inventory gives the same error message.

Edit: I had the trovel in my bank. Maybe make it not usabel from bank, or make it work properly from there.
    Post edited by forumnamesuxs on

Bug: Falling damage still deals everfrost damage.

These two messages arrived in combination:
    [18:54] [Combat (Self)] You lose 27815 Physical Damage from falling.
    [18:54] [Combat (Self)] Your Everfrost deals 13907 Everfrost Damage to you.

It makes no sense, please make it stop.

• dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    two30 said:

There are 2 fishing bugs in Lonelywood that make it much more miserable experience than it was on the preview server:
    1. Many fishing spots are stuck in a bugged state. The glowing spot and leaping fish are visible in the water, but there is no interact spot on the shore. This greatly reduces the number of working fishing spots and forces players to compete for the few remaining spots or switch instances hoping to find working fishing spots.
    2. Fishing spots are supposed to allow 3 casts before despawning. The first cast functions correctly. The second and third casts end without any yield, not even a boot, and the fishing spot despawns.

+1

Also adding that if you approach the fishing spot from the wrong side (or from the water), the animation shows you fishing up the beach instead of in the water. I haven't even successfully gotten a fish when pointed the wrong way, so maybe this is intentional but kind of clunky. It's hard to say with how buggy the fishing spots are otherwise.

Also sometimes the fish loot window stays open after I've claimed the fish, forcing me to [alt]-> click "x" to close. A nuisance, but not game breaking.
    zibadawa said:

Sounds like this is akin to the daily reputation quest from IWD, where you could grab the ice and heroic from either zone (or even a non-IWD zone until they patched that recently). Gotta keep people from unlocking all of the content too fast, right?

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    ribbs1 said:

Need something that shows level of reputation like in IWD. How much do I have? I have no idea! Please fix.

Reputation is listed at the bottom right....along with all the other resources.

There are many instances where the fishing areas are bugged.......only get 1 fish from each. :/

• kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Bug: Guardian Fighter, Class Feature - Steel Defense
    Doesn't make player immune to Everfrost damage

Bug: Falling damage still deals everfrost damage.

These two messages arrived in combination:
    [18:54] [Combat (Self)] You lose 27815 Physical Damage from falling.
    [18:54] [Combat (Self)] Your Everfrost deals 13907 Everfrost Damage to you.

It makes no sense, please make it stop.

Being set on fire also deals everfrost damage to you. Such as walking through one of the braziers on the docks of lonelywood.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

Being set on fire also deals everfrost damage to you. Such as walking through one of the braziers on the docks of lonelywood.

You guys sure that's not intended? Might be the EVER part of the EVER Frost, as in Every-thing, every-one, every-where.

Joking aside, are we really sure this is where we want the devs to spend time? Fixing the EF dmg you get from standing in a brazier or repeatedly jumping off of rooftops? I think I can forgive this one if it means getting some more consequential bugs fixed sooner.

• elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited August 2016
  • coolgeek357coolgeek357 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 91 Arc User
    There seems to be a bug with Dwarf Beard - Big and Dwarf Beard - Epic. My dwarf's beard changed color on the update. I went and checked the character generation and these two beard types would not allow color changes. Please fix. Thank-you

Tool tip error

What's the error here? That *is* the Pirate's skyhold, isn't it? They added a new collection task to those quests. I've seen the quest tracker say to take them from The Chasm when that's not the zone I'm supposed to be in, though.
    The "Training Day" quest in Loneywood is bugged. It fails randomly without a reason. Sometimes straight at the start, sometimes after a minute or so.

I managed to finish it by pure luck I believe. My friend was taking the exact same route as I and failed every time so far.
    edited August 2016
    zibadawa said:

Tool tip error

What's the error here? That *is* the Pirate's skyhold, isn't it? They added a new collection task to those quests. I've seen the quest tracker say to take them from The Chasm when that's not the zone I'm supposed to be in, though.
    Check what is sais on the right. It sais Chasm when it is actually in PS.

Check what is sais on the right. It sais Chasm when it is actually in PS.

Okay, I hadn't seen the box on the right. No indication there's more than one red box to note. Maybe connect them with a line? Or say more than "tooltip error"? That'd always be a good idea.

That's otherwise what I was seeing, as well.
  • chris361chris361 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 20 Arc User
    Training day is bugged..random fails
  • theycallmetomutheycallmetomu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,861 Arc User
    Add me to the list of people talkin' bout training day. Definitely needs to be added to the list of known bugs, and a workaround (something like "okay fine, only complete two quests per day") needs to be implemented in the meantime.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    I really wish what we had on preview was there - each day it would randomize, maybe 2 quests LW, 1 BS, or 3 in one area, etc. Would have been EXCEPTIONALLY helpful with the disaster that is the Training Day quest.

It fails for the entire instance if one person fails the quest. We managed a few times to get the guild to max an instance, have people guard the person and go as a massive group (safety in numbers).
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

Also, Lonelywood is a vast empty wasteland. There are vast expanses of the area with no spawns at all. I can spend a minute or more on a high speed mount just trying to track down another group of mobs that drop pelts. It may be more realistic that way, but there are trolls and the Ring of Winter, so why are you bothering with realism? Give us a denser set of spawn points so we're not wasting all of this time looking for wolves and bears to slaughter for pelts.

I remember when Sharandar came out people used to complain that mobs population was to dense. And complaints that respawn rate is to high.
    Now its less dense and people are again complaining.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • rapo973rapo973 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 831 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Guardian Fighter:

Scourge Warlock:

Hunter Ranger:

Scourge Warlock

Borrowed Time: Not working at all, you receive only a small heal when combat ends (around 900 with 170.000 hp).
    SW class rework.
    Bug: Gates of Hell bugs the dragons as the paranoic delusion did.
    Tested at MC, eLoL and DRs at WoD.

Oltreverso guild leader
    Maga Othelma - DC | Svalvolo - SW | Dente Avvelenato- GWF