test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Classes

mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
Has Perfect World or Cryptic made any announcement or has anything leaked out on what maybe the next class in NW will be?

I am hoping for a 1 handed Sword wielding Magic using class, AKA SwordMage and make it a defender class.

This would be the class I would be playing as a tank.

I keep hearing that maybe a bard is coming, but that would just be another leader type of class with a focus on buffing and debuffing, making a DC even less useful in content.

I also heard maybe a Druid class, but to me that would be similar to a Hunter Ranger but instead of bows to snarl targets it would be magic.

What class from 4th edition D&D would you like to see hit Neverwinter?

Comments

• Options
    c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    It's a fight between Bard, Druid and Monk

I'd like to see the Druid
  • Options
    c3rb3r3 said:

It's a fight between Bard, Druid and Monk

I'd like to see the Druid

Bard = Leader and chances are it would be a buffing/debuffing class
    Druid = Controller - rooting with Magic (similar to Hunter Ranger but maybe last longer)
    Monk = Striker - like we need more of these type of classes

Of the three listed the only one I would like to see is the Bard. Another leader class would be a welcome addition.

• Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Pretty sure Neverwinter is moved closer to 5th at this point.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    greywynd said:

Pretty sure Neverwinter is moved closer to 5th at this point.

If that is the case than Monk if the class can tank. Otherwise I would rather see a leader class.

• Options
    blueknight#2002 blueknight Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I vote for bard, any new class would be interesting. I still think the DC can be a viable class. I have gotten my character to lvl 72 now total I think haha. Hard to keep up after lvl 70. But I am def getting more familiar with the build and playing in groups. The buffs and heals can really keep the group moving. Bard would prob have different kind of support role spells I would think.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    it barely matters, every class outside of the OP can now be a striker..

Alot of people dont play them that way, but if you really wanted to be a striker , any class will do.

Since every actual facility is now covered if not 2 x , sometimes 3.

Striker Classes = CW, TR, SW, DC, GF, GWF (some classes have to be built for it.)
    Tank class = OP and GF
    Healing Class = DC, OP, and SW
    Buffing Class = Well all , other then GWF, they have the worst actual party increase.

So other then variety (which whatever) since they have so broadly opened up most roles to every class, I see very little need for new ones. Im sure they will release it at some point, but its a lot of work for them, so it needs to get to the point they think they can profit from it.

Frankly I guess another tank type class could be useful, as its the class least likely to be played.
  • Options
    nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    I would love the 1 hand spell sword class. However I don't really see the logic behind making that a defender. Not sure if you're familiar with marvel comics and the character Magik, but she would be a perfect archetype to build from for that class
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    no this game needs a debuff/buff class id love to see that
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    theguiido said:

no this game needs a debuff/buff class id love to see that

Well they have just some of the buffing and de-buffing, maybe that leaves an opening for a new class like you suggest. But I have a feeling that whilst DPS stays at the levels that it is now, there is no room for a strong debuff/buff function or class without ppl complaining about content being trivialized.