test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New campaign menus + opinion on Alliances

They are horrible. Instead of it taking me 5-10 seconds to do what I need to do in my campaign window, it now takes me almost a full minute to scroll through every. single. one. to get to where I want to be. You should be able to hide all the ones you've completed so you don't have to scroll over them to get to what you want to anymore.

About the alliances. I was under the impression when Alliances was announced that it was supposed to give us lower guilds a chance to ally with these larger guilds that way we could participate in SH dragonflight encounters and have a chance to purchase unique equipment and enchantments. But your logic was flawed. Because everyone who actually PLAYED the game saw it coming from a mile off. No large guild will EVER ally with a lower guild. So if guild A has 10 members and it takes them 10000 years to get GH level 3 because they can't get anyone to join and no one donates and no one is active. Then you have guild B who is GH level 20 with all the boons and marketplaces, guild B will never invite or accept guild A to an alliance because they are over there kissing in the corner with guild C who is level 18 GH with everything as well. Good job guys - give us something useless once again. Think things through next time. You have to think about this game as a selfish, egotistical 13 year old who gets mommy to pay money for the stuff they want ok? If you really wanted to help lower guilds out with an implement to the system, you would think of another way to ACTUALLY help that is foolproof. Thank you.

Comments

• moogie101#4741 moogie101 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    I agree with the new Campaign menu, also several times entering it has frozen my Xbox.

As for Alliances, the one I'm in Guild levels range from Rank 20 to Rank 9. From what I've seen so far its working, lots of communication & people playing together & helping, absolutely caned the Dragons several times & got enough for my last piece of DF armour.

All over Neverwinter for at least the last month people have been asking for invitations from Guilds to join Alliances, if your group didn't react that's your problem, hardly a fault of the game design.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    Agree campaign menu is poorly designed for consoles.

You are way off base on Alliances. The one we joined has GH20 down to GH3. Personally, I just participated in a 4 dragon kill Dragonflight at one of the midlevel guilds. First, for me. There has been much activity and grouping in alliance chat. It may change when the newness wears off, but It started well.

In your example, that GH 18 would also likely helm its own alliance and not join under a 20. There are level 12 and lower guilds helming alliances. Alliances accepting low tier guilds are out there.
  • asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    Yep Campaign menu is a little shaky, but Alliances is a success. My guild is lvl20, we have 4 lvl7 guilds and 4 lvl 4-3 guilds.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I absolutely hate the new campaign menu - I mean, at least separate the campaigns from the rest of it!

As for Alliances - loving it so far :smiley: I believe we have all 13 guilds in place now and yes we cover the entire spectrum of levels.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    I am from a maxed out guild and I am loving Alliance. It is awsome getting groups together easier than it was before with the addition of the Alliance chat.

I thought our guild blew through content before, our Alliance is shredding it!
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I'm with everybody else here. Campaign menu redesign is one of the worst pieces of UI design I've ever had to use. What used to take 1 button press now takes at least 3. You used to be able to see the progress bars without actually having to go into the campaign.
    Now it's cumbersome and a time waster. Somehow they've managed to turn navigating menus into a grind as well.

And Alliances (as little as I care for it as an addition to the game) is a success. Our Alliance has guilds from 9-20. So the OP missed the boat but there are probably plenty of guilds left.
  • theopvtheopv Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Have to agree with the campaign menu, just so poorly thought out! Once you have claimed the earlier ones it is pointless to have them in the campaign window.
    Personally I think its too early with the alliances to pass comment. Things like this tend to get better as people get used to it. Dragon runs are funny now as instead of having 150 people that might want to do them we have 1564!!!!
    lol yep our biggest problem is having too many people turn up t each dragon :D

• iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    The campaign menu is indeed badly design for controllers, i suppose PC player would not have matter much since they could just click it fast enough, we had to scroll all the way in or out which is a waste of time. They were promoting campaign artwork for Alliance update dont think this will be fixed anytime soon.

As for alliance everything works out for us, now some of our guild members that comes online in odd hours could still find edemo/CN/tiamat/dragonflight/HE's runs
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
  • mahburgmahburg Member Posts: 598 Arc User

They are horrible. Instead of it taking me 5-10 seconds to do what I need to do in my campaign window, it now takes me almost a full minute to scroll through every. single. one. to get to where I want to be. You should be able to hide all the ones you've completed so you don't have to scroll over them to get to what you want to anymore.

About the alliances. I was under the impression when Alliances was announced that it was supposed to give us lower guilds a chance to ally with these larger guilds that way we could participate in SH dragonflight encounters and have a chance to purchase unique equipment and enchantments. But your logic was flawed. Because everyone who actually PLAYED the game saw it coming from a mile off. No large guild will EVER ally with a lower guild. So if guild A has 10 members and it takes them 10000 years to get GH level 3 because they can't get anyone to join and no one donates and no one is active. Then you have guild B who is GH level 20 with all the boons and marketplaces, guild B will never invite or accept guild A to an alliance because they are over there kissing in the corner with guild C who is level 18 GH with everything as well. Good job guys - give us something useless once again. Think things through next time. You have to think about this game as a selfish, egotistical 13 year old who gets mommy to pay money for the stuff they want ok? If you really wanted to help lower guilds out with an implement to the system, you would think of another way to ACTUALLY help that is foolproof. Thank you.

You could not be wider off the mark, We are GH 12 (the key progression point) we have been invited to join other guilds higher than us, we have decided to form an alliance for lower level guilds so we get a mid Alliance for those who prefer lower pressure arrangements but still get access to the cool stuff :)

\not everyone wants to be in the "elite alliances" which is the point of it all really!

I'm with everybody else here. Campaign menu redesign is one of the worst pieces of UI design I've ever had to use. What used to take 1 button press now takes at least 3. You used to be able to see the progress bars without actually having to go into the campaign.
    Now it's cumbersome and a time waster. Somehow they've managed to turn navigating menus into a grind as well.

And Alliances (as little as I care for it as an addition to the game) is a success. Our Alliance has guilds from 9-20. So the OP missed the boat but there are probably plenty of guilds left.

Campaign interface sucks for sure, looks like an attempt to dumb it down to the economic point of no return, that has gone horribly wrong. I guess they let an intern do it lol
    To go from an item at the bottom of the list to one at the top takes a while and they all look the same (to me) so I find myself going back and forth.

On guilds however, we range from 3 to 20 so I disagree with chroniclematt's point.

• chroniclemattchroniclematt Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Alright then, my opinion was based purely off of what i've seen and went through in game. I still cannot get anyone to ally with my guild (Starbound Beasts). So, if you want to prove me wrong, send my guild an alliance request. If you want to prove me right, just let the days pass by without one and I would have made my point :P
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Alright then, my opinion was based purely off of what i've seen and went through in game. I still cannot get anyone to ally with my guild (Starbound Beasts). So, if you want to prove me wrong, send my guild an alliance request. If you want to prove me right, just let the days pass by without one and I would have made my point :P

That means nothing. It would not prove or disprove your point.

Most/many of us that responded are in full alliances. Two or maybe more of us are in the same alliance. Everyone seems pleased, no major issues that I've seen, so I don't expect to see any openings. That doesn't mean you would not have been welcome if you had asked some time ago. Last spot was filled after Alliances started.

We started looking for alliance partners months ago, even turned another level 20 Helm down, and you expect to arrange one in days? I think your expectations are much too high if you expect an alliance to come to you.

Read the guild forum, there are posts looking for alliance members, respond to one that seems a good fit and go from there.
    Post edited by zephyriah on
  • draco16#8040 draco16 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Draconic Brotherhood is looking for a gauntlet guild lvl 10 or above. We are GH 13 and going to 14 soon as part of eviscerate alliance. Any serious interested leader feel free to contact me to discuss being a gauntlet guild in our alliance. We have limited spots left.
    Post edited by draco16#8040 on
    The Draconic Brotherhood GH 20
    Escape the Ordinary GH 20

Lord Havok GWF
    Lady Icethorn CW
    Brother Heals DC
    Lord Bubble OP
    Sister Tetera GF
  • fierceeyedfoxfierceeyedfox Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    The new campaign menu is a travesty. Not sure who thought that was a good idea for console players, but it wasn't. Way too cluttered.
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    Our guild alliance is ranged from GH 6 -20. We have 3 guilds that are GH 7 or lower 3 that are 17 or higher, all the rest is mid-ranked. DF runs are enjoyable now and are run frequently.

The only negative thing that I have noticed is that a lot of the top tier people in our alliance are completely refusing to invite alliance fellows that are lower than 3k IL to any kind of queues. Not sure if this also occurs in other alliances.
  • asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    kuero21 said:

The only negative thing that I have noticed is that a lot of the top tier people in our alliance are completely refusing to invite alliance fellows that are lower than 3k IL to any kind of queues. Not sure if this also occurs in other alliances.

I have seen this in a way. We are GH20, all of our main toons are no lower than 3.7k. But I see in Alliance chat, this low lvl (lvl4) Guild always spams blah blah 3k+ only...There is literally only 4 people in their guild that are over 3k but they are spamming for 3k+ only lol. They are really trying to use us for our mains, when most of us are on our alts most of the time now anyway and they don't invite our alts cause they are not 3k+. Having 10 toons, 3 almost BiS, 3others over 3.5, and 4 around 2.8k and yet I get rejected by this rando guild lol. Whatever, they won't be around too long. Alliance spot probably opening up.
  • thejawlivesthejawlives Member Posts: 458 Arc User
    Adonis? Is that you buddy?
    :D
    edited August 2016

We would consider it but all slots were filled within 48 hours. Therefore us not sending you an invite doesn't prove your point...

Edit: We were in talks with a number of other guilds for many weeks prior to the mod launch. Some worked out and some didn't but by the time it arrived we had about 10 of the 13 positions already arranged.

We sought out leaders from other guilds that we liked to start talks. This is the kind of situation where sitting on your hands and waiting for people to come to you doesn't work, you simply miss the boat on the best opportunities. There were several guilds advertising for swords or gauntlets in the guild recruitment page so I think the fact you guys aren't in an alliance is more down to your own lack of effort.

• destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    The campaign menu is atrocious, no debate there. I hope they change that.

As for Alliance, well if your guild have 10 people, you should think of a merge, you won't go anywhere with 10 people. Overall Alliance has been for me a success on the personal side. Running with lots of different peoples and enjoying more runs a day than before

The thing is, they decided to make Alliance a hierarchy and THAT can result in some problems. For exemple the leader of the "helmet guild" starting to think he is the emperor of the alliance. If that person is a controlling one, it can lead to problems. I think before you go to an alliance its important that you understand every guild is its seperate entity and its none of your business to mix yourself there. Now if a guild as a whole are trouble maker, its a different story and sure they may decide to kick said guild. But if ONE MEMBER do something, no matter what it is, its to its leader to see to it.

But as long as people respect each other, all should be fine. As for levels on the contrary it seem every guilds want to be helmet guild (like it would give them some power i supose, wich in fact should not) so i seen lots of mix of GH 18 to 10 etc

Its true tough that bigger guilds are less likely to add GH4 for exemple... But thats normal.
  • speedokillzspeedokillz Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    It seems that the smaller guilds (gauntlets), who have the most to gain from a strong helm/sword combo are being looked over in preference of all being the highest level. For example, everyone is trying to get the highest ranked Alliance for the biggest reduction in coffer requirements and biggest XP boost, but they seem to need it the least.

Just an observation as a small fish in a big pond... so wondering what major purpose does an alliance of a bunch of thirteen R15+ GH really serve? Is there any benefit from an R20 GH having 3 R10's swords with 9 R5's gauntlets?

Anyway, just curious what everyone thinks about the Alliance bonus structure and who it really benefits and is that benefit really helping or being wasted....
  • theungodlytheungodly Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I just want to agree on the campaign UI. It's pretty obvious by now that the NW devs do stuff just to f with us and refuse to do something about stuff that 99% hate (looking at you, atrocious huge loot pop-up.)
    Who actually made that new campaign tree and thought it was an improvement? Go fire yourself and bring everybody who still encourage the existence of the loot pop-up. Thank you.
    HR - "The Ungodly"
    DC - "The Unholy"
    Guild: Ruthless
  • sigmax#7396 sigmax Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yep new Campaign menu is a failure..
    who ever though up this idea should be fired.

I just want to agree on the campaign UI. It's pretty obvious by now that the NW devs do stuff just to f with us and refuse to do something about stuff that 99% hate (looking at you, atrocious huge loot pop-up.)
    Who actually made that new campaign tree and thought it was an improvement? Go fire yourself and bring everybody who still encourage the existence of the loot pop-up. Thank you.

Hah yeah I hate the loot pop up, completely obscures EVERYTHING when you're in the middle of a fight - why not put it on the side!?!?! and smaller!!!!!

On the guild rank thing, most of our gauntlets are below GH10 - the lowest being GH3. We work out to be:
    1 maxed
    3 high
    3 mid
    5 low

That's a pretty good mix which is inclusive and balanced. Of course, now that the helm is able to donate to the other guilds they will all catch up pretty quickly.

• constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    i hate the design, however wtf, did these zone rewards always exist? alliances they are........ok iguess till******* fill up ur guild stronghold so ur guildies are left waiting in line 4 dragons....buut NONE of it urks me as bad as the 400000000000 currencies we have, i swear one more new "token of" "shard of" " currency for xyz campaign" n im done lol

Send me a friend Request on live (same handle) and I will bring you into ours if you are still hunting around.

Gh12 Market 6 Stable 6 etc ranking up other structures to go to 13.

Sorry for the delay in responding been on Vacation. :)
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Yes the campaign menu is not fun for a mostly leveled toon, although it probably would be handy if leveling a new toon....maybe. Sometimes my active selection will stay at the top where I want it on my leveled toons and sometimes the active box reverts to the bottom box which is when it becomes a nuisance. Can we code to have the active selection save position through character change and log off?

As far as alliances, many of us spent a great deal of time and energy networking and speaking to other leaders to find and set up an alliance as well as posted our needs and wants on the alliance forum instead of waiting for the mod to drop and then call it junk. The benefit of the alliance is having a greater number of people online at the same time that have a common interest as your own guild. In this respect I think it is working well. I hope you get an invite, if we had a spot, I would spend some time chatting with with you to see if it was a fit.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies