test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• thedramacusthedramacus Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    > @shinshoryuuken said:
    > Considering we lack a class with thievery (We got 2 Religion with Paladins last mod), my vote is for Bard. I also remember that it was mentioned somewhere in forgotten past that all classic D&D classes would come to NWO and that means only Bard and Druid are off. While I do like Druids, Bards are not only the more sensible choice but also an oldbie favourite I would like done right. Baldur's Gate, NWN and a few others never seemed to do it right and maybe NWO may accomplish this.

Dont we also lack 2 nature kit users.

Im hoping for a nature based healer, maybe with transmute abilities.

To me(not knowing hardcore details about classes) a bard is purley a buff class, playing hit lute or singing a song to encourage everyone. I would love to see one, but it sounds uber hard to level. I think it would also need more than 5 man dungeons, which I would love to see.
    Dramacus 3.1 SW, Raven 2.9 HR, Aurora Shadowbain 2.7 GF, Mirduatas Vras 2.5 DC
    Si Vis Pacem 2.5 DC, Jade Shadowbain 2.4 CW, Para Bellum 1.5 GWF, President Not Sure lvl 69 OP
    Faith Shadowbain lvl 69 DC, Toof Fairy lvl 68 GWF, Arnie Shadowbain lvl 63 GF

Your Credit Card Has Been Declined
  • taboom#4443 taboom Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Maybe a new class "Demonic Possessed" where any of the current classes could be corrupted into the new one would allow people to used some of their old builds that they no longer play in a new way... just a thought
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I would like to see artificers in the game. They are basically magic users who specialize in bringing out the innate magic in items/objects. They're usually a support class. Among other things, they can temporarily buff their ally's (or their own) weapons or armor. They are usually a ranged class, using a crossbow (and often magically buffing a quiver of their arrows).

If ordinary wizards were to be considered magic scientists, then the artificers would be the magic engineers. Their goal is to turn magic into something that's accessible to all, instead of just those few magic wielders.

I know they aren't a mainstream class. (They aren't really even that popular among the people that know about them.) But I know the guys/girls over at Cryptic can turn this class into something that everyone would want to play!
    star-trek-in-before-the-lock.gif
  • tesfanboytesfanboy Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Bright/Dark Lord would be nice. We already have similar classes to those suggested in the poll, aside from Bard and Monk, but those sound boring.
  • korosskoross Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    My vote is for barbar, no matter how late and hopelessly outvoted I am.
    Also, about getting things in line with 5e, where's my paladin STR, eh?
  • axxysqcwyldsaxxysqcwylds Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I would definatly love a good Necromancer with his armies of undead and life siphoning magic it would be so cool to just walk around with your own horde of skeletons,zombies,ghouls and wraith and there is not enought necromancers in rpgs in general so it would be great to be able to play one in an mmorpg.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Bard is it is a leader or controller class, monk if it is a tank and druid if it is a leader or controller.

I do not want another striker class or a class solely focus on single target or selfish build, meaning every ability I use is all about my damage. This is a group content game, PVE and PVP, therefore classes that improve groups need to be added over those that are self serving.

• realhambonerealhambone Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I would like to see a class with a staff, begging. Either as a Monk/Friar or a Sorcerer/Magician. Not asking for this next class but for years I have always been desiring playing a Smite Cleric who has to wear chainmail over leather. with a 2handed staff, calling down lightning bolts and spreading righteous fire.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Swordmage or 4e assassin. By the way we already have the Barbarian.It's called GWF but with sprint and rage (unstoppable) it is definitely a barbarian in steel clothes :wink:
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • xxxorcistxxxorcist Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Druid all the way. C'mon, who doesn't love shape shifting?!
  • xxxorcistxxxorcist Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Also, a few others have mentioned a necromancer. Summoning minions from the dead would be very cool too.
  • gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Mmm a necromancer in pirate robes called Le-Chuck...that would be cool too...
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
  • firelordzx5firelordzx5 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    I honestly think that necromancer is kind of hard to implement since we have them as antagonists NPCs by most of the time.

Shadow and Death Magic corrupt it's user over time too

Then again, we have playable Scourge Warlocks and if I remember correctly, made a pact with Belial
  • darkdeception#8578 darkdeception Member Posts: 4 New User
    Ninja definitely Ninja. And Druid sounds fantastic. And Necromancer raise the dead to fight for you that's awesome right. F it how about these and all the above . We want it all Darn it.
  • jedediah1984jedediah1984 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Ninja. A ninja is just plain awesome.
  • zudaq#7787 zudaq Member Posts: 6 Arc User

better recheck those numbers....
    zebular said:

I do personally feel strongly that we will see the Druid class within this year however. Bard too. These two are now among the most requested that I have seen, with a Monk trailing behind them.

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Considering all the votes for classes not even in the books or part of 5e. I might as well change my vote to the absurd as well.

How about a wildmage armed with a wand of wonder?
  • bitterratbitterrat Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    I would love to see a druid class, but until they sort out the bonding stones, regardless of what the new class is, it just going to be about a companion with 3x rank 12 bonding stones.

• shadrakt2shadrakt2 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    Whatever it is, please just let it be another true healer class! :smile:
  • mrtattsmrtatts Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Was thinking more about the dual class system from D&D would love to go ranger,thief.
  • Druid for me, but Bard a very close second. I would love to see Oriental Adventures expansion for Neverwinter- Some Eastern Sorcerers, Ninjas, Monks and Samurai please.
  • tancrediivtancrediiv Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I would like to see a Monk and a Psionicist class. There are quite a few weapons fighter classes, wizards, rogues, clerics (although no real AD&D cleric like the old days). The Psionicist in particular would fill a unique niche.

Player and forumite formerly known as FEELTHETHUNDER

Expatriot Might Characters in EXILE
  • crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    I would think Sorcerer, Druid or Monk would be the big list to choose from.
  • tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User

I would like to see artificers in the game. They are basically magic users who specialize in bringing out the innate magic in items/objects. They're usually a support class. Among other things, they can temporarily buff their ally's (or their own) weapons or armor. They are usually a ranged class, using a crossbow (and often magically buffing a quiver of their arrows).

If ordinary wizards were to be considered magic scientists, then the artificers would be the magic engineers. Their goal is to turn magic into something that's accessible to all, instead of just those few magic wielders.

I know they aren't a mainstream class. (They aren't really even that popular among the people that know about them.) But I know the guys/girls over at Cryptic can turn this class into something that everyone would want to play!

I was going to push for Bard, and hadn't really considered an Artificer.

Artificers could be a really great support class if handled well. Oh, how I miss playing mine. Fortunately most of the base coding is already being used for other abilities and items.

From a balance perspective
    Damage: Mage > Artificer > Cleric
    Healing: Cleric > Artificer > Warlock
    Support: Artificer > All

Paragon trees:
    Support: Mostly focused on boosting abilities of others through equipment
    Damage: Primarily focused on personal damage
    Healing: Primarily focused on increasing effectiveness of personal healing. Also options for boosting the healing abilities of others so making a hybrid is actually viable and wanted over just another DPS.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. There's definitely a lot of wiggle room to make the class really stand out and be unique and fun to play.
  • demigodgamer#7121 demigodgamer Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    Barbarian? I kinda thought that's what the GWF was? Guess not. How about a "shape shifting" class that's not a druid.

• kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 33 Arc User

I was going to push for Bard, and hadn't really considered an Artificer.

Artificers could be a really great support class if handled well. Oh, how I miss playing mine. Fortunately most of the base coding is already being used for other abilities and items.

From a balance perspective
    Damage: Mage > Artificer > Cleric
    Healing: Cleric > Artificer > Warlock
    Support: Artificer > All

Paragon trees:
    Support: Mostly focused on boosting abilities of others through equipment
    Damage: Primarily focused on personal damage
    Healing: Primarily focused on increasing effectiveness of personal healing. Also options for boosting the healing abilities of others so making a hybrid is actually viable and wanted over just another DPS.

Just a few ideas off the top of my head. There's definitely a lot of wiggle room to make the class really stand out and be unique and fun to play.
    The reason I suggested it was because it was the class I chose the one time I played D&D. I would love the chance to recreate the little guy (he was a dwarf).

I've seen a lot of people asking for a support class or a healer class in this thread. The artificer can be both!
    star-trek-in-before-the-lock.gif
  • Recently i play a quest about "the dwarden king" and only can say about this... I want Vampire Powers! XD

- Animation Skills
    - At Wills
    - Encounter Powers
    - Daily
    - Skin (bright eyes, vampire teeth, color of skin)
    - ANYTHING!!!

... Please? :smile:

P.D: But please! for other class o new class! i don't want more power for the #"$%&/( Rogue Trickster!!! enough to deal with the powers they have now, and they are really annoying...

• asmodeoussasmodeouss Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Anti Paladin
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    anti paladin is now as Blackguard, they wont survive as soon they walk into city of neverwinter, they are not "heroes".
    Neverwinter Nights series allow that, it kinda strange.