test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.65.20160801c.9

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
edited August 2016 in Patch Notes (PC)

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    terramak said:

Content and Environment
    Storm King's Thunder

• The blizzard VFX in Bryn Shander has been updated in attempt to address motion sickness and headache issues raised by players.
    Many thanks!
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Here's hoping the changes are adequate.

Also, dang, apparently I need to do some quick PvP to get glory while the gettin's good!
  • fuzzie212fuzzie212 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    How about the loading screen, lag, and broken quest patches? It'd be nice to be able to play again.
  • lakesidemaidenlakesidemaiden Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    What about the aforementioned (in the previous release notes) shared and personal bank slot expansion that never showed up?
  • beya1beya1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Hi! I want to alert that one for beard style for male toons (beard - short) after new mod released looks grey instead of black as it was when toon was created.
  • hfleethfleet Member Posts: 139 Arc User

What about the aforementioned (in the previous release notes) shared and personal bank slot expansion that never showed up?

I read that as 'able to buy more expansion slots' - the extra slots you can buy with Zen.

Can anyone confirm?
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    hfleet said:

I read that as 'able to buy more expansion slots' - the extra slots you can buy with Zen.

Can anyone confirm?
    Correct - they increased the maximum available slots for both toon and shared slots. Your do not get this bonus, you still need to buy them via the Zen store.
  • adridollieadridollie Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Thank you for addressing the VFX concern, it's very harsh on the eyes, and I don't want to have to wear sunglasses while playing. However, kudos to the VFX team for creating a snowy environment with such a high albedo it makes my eyes bleed, very realistic actually.
  • commanderdata002commanderdata002 Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    Is this ostorian resin worth to wait the patch?
    stock and stone I can master, but there's a Wizard to manage here!
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    So the reward we had to actually go and play pvp is gone? Too bad, honestly 60 badges were too much, 15k glory that could be turned into 15k ad, but pvp rewards are very bad, at least 10 seals of triumph for each badge is more than reasonable.

• tradolftradolf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 37 Arc User
    I am still confused about previous patch notes re: bank slot allocation, as I see no mention of it being a requirement to purchase, but more an indication that said slots would grow accordingly.

"Bank: Account Shared Bank slot maximum has been increased by 40 slots.
    Bank: Personal Bank slot maximum has increased by 32 slots. "
    Does anyone have the definitive answer to this?
  • menvumenvu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    tradolf said:

I am still confused about previous patch notes re: bank slot allocation, as I see no mention of it being a requirement to purchase, but more an indication that said slots would grow accordingly.

MAXIMUM bank slots (shared and personal) has been increased.

YOU DON'T GET FREE SLOTS. I REPEAT : YOU DON'T GET FREE SLOTS.

You now have the possibility to expand your banks' slots further than before, for which of course you'll have to pay.
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    @strumslinger
    tested cold steel hurricane yesterday in drowned shores 10 man subterrian surge heroic encounter

as i always do i pull everyone into one big group and dps.

before mod ten when i did this and started to dps starting with cold steel hurricane every enemy would be at half health or a little higher (trolls heal and some enemies are stronger then others)

so when i used cold steel hurricane yesterday in the exact same manner, pulled everything together and started the dps'ing, i used cold steel hurricane first as always and a couple of the enemies had lost 10% or less health.

the second i used the daily power it lasted about 3 seconds (before storm kings thunder it lasted about 8), once it hit the tenth enemy it disappeared as it was nerfed to do. this nerf by putting a 10 target limit has destroyed the daily power and no amount of damage upgrade can really redeem it. most dungeons has the tank aggro everything in the room (about 3-5 mobs=8-15 creatures) and in most cases the creatures are not spread out, if the tank is doing his job right.

lets say you put all the fights into a timer and take out all the walking and waiting. lets say for instance that you fight a total of 10 minutes in a dungeon, 2 minutes of the fighting is groups smaller then 5, another minutes is smaller then 10, then the remaining time which is 7 minutes is when you are fighting groups 10 or higher (excluded boss fights)

the target limit on aoe powers (ex. cordon of arrow) or powers that last x time after use (ex. cold steel hurricane) should not have a target limit.
    this is all in my opinion and in my testing
  • zachcampbell85zachcampbell85 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    RIP GF & SW
    Post edited by zachcampbell85 on
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Guardian Fighters, Hunter Rangers, and Scourge Warlocks created before the release of Storm King's Thunder now have a free respec available.

Thanks,thats how it was supposed to be. But of course I alredy respecced with my respec...

Guardian Fighters, Hunter Rangers, and Scourge Warlocks created before the release of Storm King's Thunder now have a free respec available.

Thanks,thats how it was supposed to be. But of course I alredy respecced with my respec...

my friend told me to do this and i told him i am going to wait for my free respec and save the one i got from the vendor.
    edited August 2016

@strumslinger
    tested cold steel hurricane yesterday in drowned shores 10 man subterrian surge heroic encounter

as i always do i pull everyone into one big group and dps.

before mod ten when i did this and started to dps starting with cold steel hurricane every enemy would be at half health or a little higher (trolls heal and some enemies are stronger then others)

so when i used cold steel hurricane yesterday in the exact same manner, pulled everything together and started the dps'ing, i used cold steel hurricane first as always and a couple of the enemies had lost 10% or less health.

the second i used the daily power it lasted about 3 seconds (before storm kings thunder it lasted about 8), once it hit the tenth enemy it disappeared as it was nerfed to do. this nerf by putting a 10 target limit has destroyed the daily power and no amount of damage upgrade can really redeem it. most dungeons has the tank aggro everything in the room (about 3-5 mobs=8-15 creatures) and in most cases the creatures are not spread out, if the tank is doing his job right.

lets say you put all the fights into a timer and take out all the walking and waiting. lets say for instance that you fight a total of 10 minutes in a dungeon, 2 minutes of the fighting is groups smaller then 5, another minutes is smaller then 10, then the remaining time which is 7 minutes is when you are fighting groups 10 or higher (excluded boss fights)

the target limit on aoe powers (ex. cordon of arrow) or powers that last x time after use (ex. cold steel hurricane) should not have a target limit.
    this is all in my opinion and in my testing

quoting myself feels weird.
    maybe you can rework cold steel hurricane. i will give my thought on it below. @strumslinger

name-cold steel hurricane
    description-making a mighty gust of cold frigid air as sharp as steel it snares and hurts enemies within its grasp
    range-not really sure
    point of origin=player (when this daily power is used it is placed on the floor at the players feet spreading out for its range)
    stamina cost=same (currently at 100%)
    damage=same
    target limit=same (10 is the current target limit) affects up to 10 random enemies within its range
    duration=same (6 seconds is what i found when testing)

bonus affects-applies weak grasping roots to all enemies in area up to 10

i think until you rework cold steel hurricane it should not get a nerf that only lets hit hit up to 10 enemies. so just in my opinion and i am not telling anyone to do anything just want to voice what i think. should undo this 10 target limit and think about reworking the daily power... cold steel hurricane is barely good and really hard to use, but it does really good damage and hurts many enemies when it didn't have a target limit.
    Post edited by genjundead on
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    menvu said:

tradolf said:

MAXIMUM bank slots (shared and personal) has been increased.

YOU DON'T GET FREE SLOTS. I REPEAT : YOU DON'T GET FREE SLOTS.

You now have the possibility to expand your banks' slots further than before, for which of course you'll have to pay.
    This. Again, its the maximum slots that you can possibly obtain that had been increased. But you only get them by buying them from the Zen store.
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Thanks for Blizzard fix, it was top issue for most of players.

Bug report:
    GF's Steel Defense class feature does not protect from Everfrost damage.
    edited August 2016
    Items and Economy

General

Ostorian Resin is now properly given out by the Ostorian Relic introductory quest.
    We are looking into ways to award Ostorian Resin to players who had already completed the quest prior to this patch.

you can just make everyone redo the quest. that's an option otherwise i don't know how to help, hope you find a way.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    grrouper said:

Is this ostorian resin worth to wait the patch?

Ostorian resin is needed to restore the boots you can get from large HE's in Bryn Shander. I was not aware that we should have gotten ostorian resin before we go to fangbreaker island. Sure hope the Devs can figure out how to reimburse players that have all ready done the quest.
    Yes, I agree. I hope they dont forget to give us one of these. I got the boots, and want to try it out. Im sure that resin will be required for the other gear too. Not sure.

twitch.tv/kaligold
  • webchef72webchef72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User

Thank you for addressing the VFX concern, it's very harsh on the eyes, and I don't want to have to wear sunglasses while playing. However, kudos to the VFX team for creating a snowy environment with such a high albedo it makes my eyes bleed, very realistic actually.

I loved the original fx, hope they don't tame it down to where it looks like every other "little bit of weather" map
    webchef72 said:

I loved the original fx, hope they don't tame it down to where it looks like every other "little bit of weather" map
    +1
    looked great day one; super beautiful and i couldn't stop staring at it for half an hour. stood in the spot where you first at when you enter map for first time and i stood at the wall just looking at the game come to far.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

RIP GF & SW

My 3.3K GF is doing just fine, thank you.

In fact, better in many ways.

The previous ITF implementation was insanely out of hand and I'm glad for the sake of the game that they took that toy away from me (also, I never maximized the ITF benefit with bonding stones even though I have them and still did just fine). With the general improvements to the GF, I clear the Mod 10 dailies almost as fast as my 3.2K CW.

Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    @strumslinger For such a massive module, things have gone amazingly smooth. Please pass along thanks to the team for doing such a good job.

You won't please all of the people all of the time. As a MMO developer, you also won't please some of the people any of the times.

Keep up the positive direction the game has been headed since mod 6.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • mrmauveforummrmauveforum Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Not sure where to put this, but my SW, Galatea@mrmauveforum, has not received a free respec?

Combat and Powers

Classes

• agericageric Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    terramak said:

Content and Environment
    Storm King's Thunder

• The blizzard VFX in Bryn Shander has been updated in attempt to address motion sickness and headache issues raised by players.

Thank you for fixing the visuals, atleast it's tolerable now... But I swear you developers only hear/read only what you want. Not many people are "happy" about these silent nerfs. Im still ticked over the coal wards.
    Please answer me: Have any of you actually taken a business course in any school or college? You're destroying the economy. The only way to destroy the value of something is to simply make it EASIER to acquire. You know, supply and demand? If something in the AH is worth a rediculous 50 million, make that item easier to get and the price will drop. If it's only 1 ad, buy it with one of your auto accounts to bring the value up and destroy useless items. You add all this rediculous HAMSTER to the game but the rich keep getting richer while the people who actually try to play and earn, are shot down. First the Leadership (which is now almost completely pointless to work on), Oh an poor useless Rhix, and now invoking. What's next? the coins?
    As of now, Having alternate characters is almost useless seeing as you have to repeat every little thing on each character in order for them to get anywhere. the very LAST alt friendly thing available was the measly 3k ad a person got from invoking through the WHOLE day on a character. I call BS about you trying to stop the bots. I personally think none if you really care about it. If you did, you'd crack down and toss out the ban-hammer on bot-like behavior. which none of you do. HELL, you're just as guilty with the automated responses in your help center! I am a busy mom, i can not spend hours upon hours trying to earn a few astral diamonds by trying to run your dungeons, which mind you, are almost completely private. Since the new system, I have not ONCE been able to face Demogorgon or Tiamat from the regular Queue. I tried for a straight week, every hour on the hour.. complete BS..
    Point blank: I love the story line from 1-60... and 60 to 70 is okay. Sad to say that just about everything after 70 sucks rocky mountain oysters.
    So thanks to your Invoking Nerf, your VIP now falsely advertises, Regular non-paying players are leaving including almost half of my friends list, I really have no way to get AD with my busy schedule because getting a pathetic 600 ad now takes almost 20 minutes... Question is: Do any of you even care?

This discussion has been closed.