test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is dungeon griefing still the same?

aznxknightzaznxknightz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
I quit 2 years ago because of this. Basically the game deters you from playing with PUGS. And if you joined a random PUG already in progress the group is waiting outside to kill the boss, they'll kick you unless you're either from their clan or a class they need.
The worse is when they start vote kicking you right before the end boss is dead and/or after an item is dropped that is worth a lot. Not only do you lose the chance to roll for the item you also lose the chest loot at the end, and you all know the only things that count is whatever is at the end. So all that hard work wasted, 1 to 2 hours work only to get booted from the party.

I've been thinking about coming back to this game but is it still the same as before?

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Some things you PUG and others you do at your own risk. PUG prophecy of madness for a bronze if you don't mind. Shores of Tuern and Kessels are more forgiving. Epic Temple of Spider is fine, if you're competent yourself. PUG Gray Wolf or Cragmire, Castlenever, have fun with that.

Kicking isn't as abusive as it used to be. But people who play bad will be getting their butts kicked out in the skirmishes.
  • spike#5569 spike Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I pug regularly. Never pug etos or higher, too low chance for success. I'm not exaggerating when i say i've never been part of a pug that has ever kicked for any reason other than afk, except once. That one case was a very vulgar insult thrower who we all got sick of.

What helps is being vocal. If you pug and see redundant class, speak up and work out with your pug party who slots what encounters or which gf will tank and which will go burst dps etc. A little teamwork can stop a grief boot before it happens. Although a language barrier can bomb that philosophy altogether.

Thats my pug experience anyways. Have fun out there.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    The kick system was changed because of that griefing. Now it's basically impossible to kick after anything drops. Got a single copper on the ground? Can't kick, because "valuable loot".
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    no such thing as rolling for a sellable loot anymore. the only thing that sucks with pugging(or public queue) is that if you get someone and he afks, idont think kicking is possible instantly. you have to waste your time waiting for him if you have got the patience.
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I've done a fair bit of pugging over the last 14 months and kicking isn't an issue. I've voted to kick as well for AFK players but nothing more!

EDIT: I've never been kicked either...
  • nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I mostly PUG with the dungeon que or join premades with people I don't know. The vote kicking does happen a lot. I wouldn't say it's an abusuve tendency from the players, but I do think it comes from a bad place.

Reasons I've been vote kicked:

- having 20 less Ilvl than I say ( I'm at about 2980 and say 3k )

- pulling all the zombies in CN at once during the dark area before orcus. ( I'm a CW and it's fun )

- politely asking a DC to focus on healing rather than DPS ( after I joined a group that has multiple failed attempts at Orcus )

And when I've been in groups that have tried to vote kick another player, it almost always has to do with an elitist mindset. It can get pretty ugly round here. Anything that detracts from the goal of skipping as much content as possible or min / maxing is not permissible.
  • aznxknightzaznxknightz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Thank you, i didn't realize they fixed the kicking issue but some other issue came up and I'll quote it

no such thing as rolling for a sellable loot anymore. the only thing that sucks with pugging(or public queue) is that if you get someone and he afks, idont think kicking is possible instantly. you have to waste your time waiting for him if you have got the patience.

Some people have stated the auction house is useless now? I'm not entirely sure what or how bad it is but how bad is the loot now? Most of the time I used to run fardelvers crypt and Dwarf King's crypt just to get alot of t1 gear to sell. But every time i did DK crypt i almost always get kicked from PUGs when a tier 2 loot dropped, which severely pissed me off to the point where I just had to quit this game because cryptic was not addressing this issue at the time.
    Do you mean these loot are either worthless or there's new loot, so good that it's not worth the time to farm old gear anymore... or something else?

• killzoneexkillzoneex Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    Yeah, unfortunately there is barely any sellable loot like Fardelver or DK anymore. Certainly none that you can count on with any consistency. The best you can hope for is an artifact drop from Orcus, but good luck with the RNG on that.
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Should really try and find yourself a good Guild. Game has many some very player friendly. Just keep looking till you find one that fits your play style and wants. Good Hunting.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Also, unbound items that drop are individual drops - that is, they don't drop for everyone, just for you. That means no roll. There's really no good reason to kick for that anymore. Kicks do still happen, but it's much less common than it was before.