test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: Storm King's Thunder

Comments

• thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited August 2016

i don't like the idea that invoking doesn't give ad anymore. instead giving a boost to ad you earn. i liked that the fact that i could just invoke on my alts and have them sit the rest of the day, now i actually have to play them. i guess i wont be doing anything on my alts now.

Quote Invocation now gives a Rough AD bonus instead of granting Rough AD directly. The bonus Rough AD awarded is moderately larger than what was previously granted as straight Rough AD. General Invoking while playing other Rough AD generating activities will see a reasonable increase in AD earned, while Invoking only will see a drastic decrease.

i had heard that invoking was gonna get a bonus to it. but all i heard was that if you do nothing but invoke you will gain more ad. now i see this message saying that, if i just invoke i will gain even less ad and its in a form of a boost.

Quote Invocation: There is now a small UI indicator underneath the character portrait when a player has bonus AD similar to when there is bonus Glory, this is to support the related Invocation changes.

in my opinion @strumslinger this is a really bad idea. now instead of gaining ad on my alts they are going to get a bonus to any ad they earn; and they earn 0 ad a day so they are gonna get nothing. not sure if you can anything but if possible have they rethink this or take it out of the patch notes.

Alts aren't meant for invoking, but to play and explore other classes, races, and play styles. What you're doing isn't what's intended to happen. You gotta 'PLAY'. I totally support the change.

well thank you for that, i like hearing other peoples opinions.
    i would rather it not feel as though they are forcing people to play but encourage it. like instead of removing rough ad and giving a buff. transfer say 10% to the buff of the rough ad we get and let us keep getting ad from invokes.

basically what you are saying is that the people who make 10+ characters for bag space or bank space or guild bank space are not playing right? the game is intended to be played the way you want it played, for your entertainment and for you to have fun.
    i make alts for extra ad small but over time helpful.
    All you have to do is move salvage items from 1 toon to another and salvage there. Seriously, the stuff is bound to account or, in the case of underdark rings, unbound. It doesn't cost you much time to move 1 item and it gets you your AD. Personally, I strongly agree with this change, it means that prices will drop as people who were botting invoking (you know who you are) will have less AD relative to those of us who do not. Them having less AD = less AD in the economy = prices go down slightly. If you were however botting invokes and you are now upset about having less AD, well, I have 0 sympathy for you.

In my opinion, you shouldn't even get bonus AD from invoking. AD should come from playing the game. You should work for your reward, not press ctrl i and have it handed to you.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Please, please dont leave sw and hr like this, read the sugestion/feedback thread till the end there are very important aspects/bugs that need a fix.

emilemo said:

Enjoy free 15000 glory per day; GG cryptic.

Please elaborate on this
    1 win= 60 seals of truiumph, 60*250 chache of glory = 15k glory, 15k of glory = 5 rings = 15k ad.
    Well for those like me it wont turn out that way because I will need those seals for the actual armor. The salvage game will be played by the top pvp guilds who go into full, bis, pug-hunting premades.. Nothing new here
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    emilemo said:

Please, please dont leave sw and hr like this, read the sugestion/feedback thread till the end there are very important aspects/bugs that need a fix.

emilemo said:

Enjoy free 15000 glory per day; GG cryptic.

Please elaborate on this
    1 win= 60 seals of truiumph, 60*250 chache of glory = 15k glory, 15k of glory = 5 rings = 15k ad.
    Well for those like me it wont turn out that way because I will need those seals for the actual armor. The salvage game will be played by the top pvp guilds who go into full, bis, pug-hunting, premades.. Nothing new here
    You forgot about Alts.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    "Desperate Survival: Now grants 3% Deflect chance at Rank 1, up from 1%. Fixed the tooltip to not say 1/2/3%. This means the amount of Deflect granted at Rank 4 is now 6%, up from 4%.

Enforced Threat
    Damage increased ~50%.
    Recharge time reduced to 14s, down from 15s.
    Target cap reduced to 10, down from 20.
    Updated the rank up information to show that this power gains an additional 10% damage per rank. This is the existing behavior, and this is just a display change.

Ferocious Reaction: Base cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, and rank ups now only reduce the cooldown by 30s. This means the cooldown at rank 4 has been decreased to 90s, down from 120s.
    Ferocious Reaction: Updated the tooltip to clarify that the damage resistance buff lasts 10s, not 5s as previously stated.

Into the Fray: No longer locks you in place during activation.

Tide of Iron: Damage increased ~28%.
    Tide of Iron: Range increased to 12', up from 11'.

Villain's Menace: Activation time reduced from 1.8s down to 1.6s, and it can now combo into other powers 0.4s early. This means if you cast Villain's Menace and immediately start activating other powers, you will be able to start them as early as 1.2s after activation.

Grit: Now properly triggered by Crushing Surge and Fighter's Recovery.

Brawling Warrior: Now works with Rank 4 Knight's Valor.

Crushing Surge: Range increased to 12', up from 11'."

I was doubting that i will be happy after rebuilding myself for deflect team-protection IV Prot, but... this is probably the first time that THIS case was in pay.

Oh, I will not lie - Now I won't stop using ItF while moving w/ Ring of Sieging. Pure profitability.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    reposterz said:

The item level for the Tier 3 dungeon should be lower, say 2600 Item level.. , people going to have to get mythic items and artifact equipment to go to the tier 3 dungeon which will take very long for people that play without buying Zen!

So WAI then.

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    Can we expect full or partial free respecs for HR, GF and SW?
  • deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    I have to agree with @genjundead on the invocation nerfing the AD we get now. I mean sure i have multiple characters that do spend time doing nothing more than invocation and crafting but I do take time away from my main to play the others this however I think will stop new players that do not buy zen from having multiple characters for awhile as a way to help with ad cost issues. I mean take a look at the ah things are high and with artifact weapon changes needing to get powers changed and so on to the various things that cost AD I feel the devs are doing nothing more in making it slowly revert to the only way to get ad will be by buying zen and selling it to get ad to do anything.

so input on the idea of nerfing Invocation... -1trillion

*makes way for the ones that will argue the point for their reasons now*
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    i can say this that we are getting a respec token for the classes that bot a balance
  • izworizwor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 238 Arc User
    Why there are no patch notes for Clerics Weapons of Light changes?
  • aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

I have to agree with @genjundead on the invocation nerfing the AD we get now. I mean sure i have multiple characters that do spend time doing nothing more than invocation and crafting but I do take time away from my main to play the others this however I think will stop new players that do not buy zen from having multiple characters for awhile as a way to help with ad cost issues. I mean take a look at the ah things are high and with artifact weapon changes needing to get powers changed and so on to the various things that cost AD I feel the devs are doing nothing more in making it slowly revert to the only way to get ad will be by buying zen and selling it to get ad to do anything.

so input on the idea of nerfing Invocation... -1trillion

*makes way for the ones that will argue the point for their reasons now*

I tend to agree with @thefabricant on this one--
    I don't have an alt army--just one toon for each class, and actually, that didn't happen until this last sale on slots. So my opinion is biased a bit because I didn't invoke for >100,000AD per day with 50 toons. I am not jealous of those that did--I look at it as that was one method to play the game. Not a big deal. Time to adapt to the new rules.

I have played long enough to have benefited from the old AD leadership situation, and once I got used to the new system of playing weeklies, dungeons, and skirmishes, as well as Stronghold content to generate AD, I enjoyed the change. I think this change will be no different. It will hit those people that generated AD with invoking armies, but you can adjust your playstyle and make AD using their new system. I like the idea that you need to play dungeons and campaigns for your benefits. It tends to make me think the game is closer to the actual D&D concept. After all--how many adventurers got rich sitting in their safe little campfires and 'invoking'?

a lot of dnd characters i have seen do that. many people i play table board dnd with does that =D its nothing new. let the gods give you fortune is their line.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User

a lot of dnd characters i have seen do that. many people i play table board dnd with does that =D its nothing new. let the gods give you fortune is their line.

im not an expert of dnd but you are try to tell me that when the master says "get your party ready we are going to explore places" someone can reply "no thanks, i like this campfire im gonna stay here and invoke?" ...

mhm.....

mhm.... mhm...
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

Whether you like it or not is a moot point. The change is made and you actually going to have to work for your AD like some of us do.
  • deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    aslan3775 said:

After all--how many adventurers got rich sitting in their safe little campfires and 'invoking'?

I understand that not all do but my point was that not all people can do what you said of having an army of alts what I was getting from invoking was just enough to get decent gear from AH to manage the alts till i can replace with better by playing them for a few days. I am sure that I will get used to if not like the change but as it stands from reading its not a forseen 'like' from me at least. Guess that will depend on how bad this nerf will effect the way I use my alts to stave off bordom of a class

Whether you like it or not is a moot point. The change is made and you actually going to have to work for your AD like some of us do.
    i do work for my ad actually. i have only as many characters as their are classes and i mainly play my main an hr. i farm for ad and grind on one character and do all the work on just one. i use the small ad over time form my alts to help my main. i don't mind having to put in an extra 4-5 hours of work on my alts to get them the ad bonus spent.
  • iccyasdiccyasd Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    sulajpl said:

Oh, I will not lie - Now I won't stop using ItF while moving w/ Ring of Sieging. Pure profitability.

Why would you want to use Ring of Sieging when ITF is no longer based on DR ?
    Main - IccyAsd Lvl70 (GF 4249)
    Alt - Freaya Lvl70 (CW 33XX)
    Alt - Demonic Iccy Lvl70 (TR 27XX)
    Guild - Windows Central (GH14)
    @strumslinger strum the servers are up but no respec is offered to most reworked classes
  • taboom#4443 taboom Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Why bother asking for feedback when it is obvious you have chosen to ignore most of it the term "lip service" comes to mind. (Verbal expression of agreement or allegiance, unsupported by real conviction or action; hypocritical respect.) You are moving away from a collaborative community to a tighter corporate model which is sad as this game had a lot of potential.

If I might point out with the removal of the AD invocation you have effectively removed the reason for players to buy more character slots forcing them to play each character for a period of their available gaming time equalling lost revenue. I think that decision is short sighted all you had to do was limited the transfer rate between characters within the account. Instead you wasted time and expense in implementing a new invocation system as well as garnered the ire of your long term client base. Loss of good will is a line item and a cost you folks have failed to include in your calculations. Not good business decision making someone crunched numbers without using their soft-skill set and common sense....just a observation from a old software development manager. Also "nerfing" some but not all characters introduces conflict within the community model you should never make changes to just a few classes but a rolling iterative change to all characters you fellows need a more focused Agile Requirements Change Management model you seem to be all over the place which happens when you separate new development from main software management take a look at Disciplined Agile 2.X for a process decision framework. But like I said just a observation.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Who ever worked on the new login screen deserves a big fat raise!
    It's beautiful and feels very D&D. Thank you!

Why bother asking for feedback when it is obvious you have chosen to ignore most of it the term "lip service" comes to mind. (Verbal expression of agreement or allegiance, unsupported by real conviction or action; hypocritical respect.) You are moving away from a collaborative community to a tighter corporate model which is sad as this game had a lot of potential.

If I might point out with the removal of the AD invocation you have effectively removed the reason for players to buy more character slots forcing them to play each character for a period of their available gaming time equalling lost revenue. I think that decision is short sighted all you had to do was limited the transfer rate between characters within the account. Instead you wasted time and expense in implementing a new invocation system as well as garnered the ire of your long term client base. Loss of good will is a line item and a cost you folks have failed to include in your calculations. Not good business decision making someone crunched numbers without using their soft-skill set and common sense....just a observation from a old software development manager. Also "nerfing" some but not all characters introduces conflict within the community model you should never make changes to just a few classes but a rolling iterative change to all characters you fellows need a more focused Agile Requirements Change Management model you seem to be all over the place which happens when you separate new development from main software management take a look at Disciplined Agile 2.X for a process decision framework. But like I said just a observation.

+1
    sangrine said:

Who ever worked on the new login screen deserves a big fat raise!
    It's beautiful and feels very D&D. Thank you!

+10
    edited August 2016
    Bank: Account Shared Bank slot maximum has been increased by 40 slots.
    Bank: Personal Bank slot maximum has increased by 32 slots.

neither of these happened when severs came on. or perhaps i dont understand it.
    also no free respec even though. you said their was gonna be one.
  • jtfabjtfab Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Once again, as long as everyone plays the game EXACTLY THE SAME then this is not a problem. I don't PVP, ever. I like to adventure on my own. Sure I like the Tiamat and Demo runs but for the most part my 7 level 70's run around by themselves. Now how do I have the time to do this new invoking every single day? This is not a "bot army" this is my Alt characters that I paid for slots and now with this and Leadership that has been screwed up beyond all reason with no help ever in sight I have zero chance of getting BIS for all my Alts. The true fan and the legit player get hosed yet again.

You've fooled me for the last time Cryptic, after VIP is up I'm gone without some major changes...
    until i can keep farming some rps and have a chance for coals im ok with everything
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Bank: Account Shared Bank slot maximum has been increased by 40 slots.
    Bank: Personal Bank slot maximum has increased by 32 slots.

neither of these happened when severs came on. or perhaps i dont understand it.
    also no free respec even though. you said their was gonna be one.

They didn't GIVE you the space. But you are now able to buy much more space than you used to be.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • onegaki101onegaki101 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 327 Arc User

i don't like the idea that invoking doesn't give ad anymore. instead giving a boost to ad you earn. i liked that the fact that i could just invoke on my alts and have them sit the rest of the day, now i actually have to play them. i guess i wont be doing anything on my alts now.

Quote Invocation now gives a Rough AD bonus instead of granting Rough AD directly. The bonus Rough AD awarded is moderately larger than what was previously granted as straight Rough AD. General Invoking while playing other Rough AD generating activities will see a reasonable increase in AD earned, while Invoking only will see a drastic decrease.

i had heard that invoking was gonna get a bonus to it. but all i heard was that if you do nothing but invoke you will gain more ad. now i see this message saying that, if i just invoke i will gain even less ad and its in a form of a boost.

Quote Invocation: There is now a small UI indicator underneath the character portrait when a player has bonus AD similar to when there is bonus Glory, this is to support the related Invocation changes.

in my opinion @strumslinger this is a really bad idea. now instead of gaining ad on my alts they are going to get a bonus to any ad they earn; and they earn 0 ad a day so they are gonna get nothing. not sure if you can anything but if possible have they rethink this or take it out of the patch notes.

Alts aren't meant for invoking, but to play and explore other classes, races, and play styles. What you're doing isn't what's intended to happen. You gotta 'PLAY'. I totally support the change.

well thank you for that, i like hearing other peoples opinions.
    i would rather it not feel as though they are forcing people to play but encourage it. like instead of removing rough ad and giving a buff. transfer say 10% to the buff of the rough ad we get and let us keep getting ad from invokes.

basically what you are saying is that the people who make 10+ characters for bag space or bank space or guild bank space are not playing right? the game is intended to be played the way you want it played, for your entertainment and for you to have fun.
    i make alts for extra ad small but over time helpful.
    All you have to do is move salvage items from 1 toon to another and salvage there. Seriously, the stuff is bound to account or, in the case of underdark rings, unbound. It doesn't cost you much time to move 1 item and it gets you your AD. Personally, I strongly agree with this change, it means that prices will drop as people who were botting invoking (you know who you are) will have less AD relative to those of us who do not. Them having less AD = less AD in the economy = prices go down slightly. If you were however botting invokes and you are now upset about having less AD, well, I have 0 sympathy for you.

In my opinion, you shouldn't even get bonus AD from invoking. AD should come from playing the game. You should work for your reward, not press ctrl i and have it handed to you.

Very unlikely prices will go down. No fee for posting on AD means people can keep posting the items at a high value without repercussion. That is why a lot of items are still so expensive even after the leadership nerf.
  • jtfabjtfab Member Posts: 9 Arc User

We are so thankful for your opinion of how the game should be played. But that is all it is. Your opinion. We shouldn't have to play the game your way if we don't want to. That's the problem... You can keep playing the way you want to and now we don't have a choice.

See the difference???
    jtfab said:

We are so thankful for your opinion of how the game should be played. But that is all it is. Your opinion. We shouldn't have to play the game your way if we don't want to. That's the problem... You can keep playing the way you want to and now we don't have a choice.

See the difference???
    jtfab said:

See the difference???
    +1
    yeah that is the problem. instead of encouraging us to play our alts they are forcing us.
    i cant really complain too much cause i don't have a lot of character but to those who put int he work to get 10 or 20 or 50 or 100 on 2 separate accounts are going to suffer more then ever.

i know a person with 11 different accounts and i feel sad for that person now.
  • raellia#2940 raellia Member Posts: 1 New User
    I, my husband, my best friend, and a few of our other friends all started this game last month. We do not "farm". Instead, we simply play. The astral diamonds we only use for necessities like ID scrolls, and given that most of the items we get are unidentified, I say taking away the means by which to get these without having to spend cash we need for things like paying for internet and so on is a horrible decision. So what if people farm for AD? People farm for all kinds of things. This decision affects people like me, my husband, and our friends who actually play the few characters we have, and not in a good way. $15 a month is honestly looking better than shelling out a lot more in the long run for this game that we were once impressed with but now horribly disappointed in. In fact, we're talking about up and quitting.
  • feadan#2363 feadan Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    "Throw Caution: Now deals damage to a single target in addition to its existing effects."

This is a bad change. Ranged HRs can no longer use this buff because it now requires a target in melee range.
    Post edited by feadan#2363 on
This discussion has been closed.