test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Saboteur and arm pen

mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
Ok, I want to start off by saying I understand about arm pen and the percentages of PVE mobs and what not.. but here is where I am a bit confused and could use some guidance from the guru's out there. For my Exec/Scound hybrid I stacked power, arm pen and recovery as I wanted to be a face-to-face fighter. This worked out well for me in PVP and PVE but then one day I got creamed over and over again by a rouge in PVP that had 30K power but only about 3K arm pen. He was using SE on me and I found it fascinating. While I did see this happen in PVP, how would a low arm pen saboteur fair in normal PVE content with such low arm pen? Is it in the mechanic of the saboteur tree that allows for the difference?

Comments

• Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    We have gutter born and other a ilities that grant us armor pen in pve
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    Yeah going to have to go that route with the pet. Baffles me that we can have very little armpen in pvp and do great and with that same build in pve we are hitting with a wet noodle.. lol.. thanks to everyone for the advice.. used to my MI Scoundracutioner and the Sab world is totally different to me.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Your are not going to perform well as saboteur in pve regardless. Saboteur is and always will be pvp oriented. I would not be surprised to see a 2.5k gwf or an almost 3k executioner outdps a 4k sabotuer... Still for now i keep my sab spec
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I had a 4.1K GWF with R12 bondings on a shadow demon so I have been at the top of the DPS food chain before and frankly it got boring. I then created what is now my Scoundracutioner with full umbral PVP gear. He too has the super pet to boost his PVE life but I still don't make it to the top list on paingiver.. and that is just fine. The reason I created a Sab was to venture away from the "usual" stack crit/power builds and go specialized. It seems very interesting at the moment to have a character that has 22K power (IL 2.8K) and 1300 AP.. but I just added a pet last night and some greater bondings so PVE is much better for me.

Thanks to everyone for responding to this.. just wanted to make sure I was headed in the right direction for this path/build.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    Right now i play saboteur full power with some recovery herenand there. Full azure on the shadow demon and armor pen hits the cap easily with only the gear pieces on the companion.