test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Invocation update

chronoskenschronoskens Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 17 Arc User
In the patch note for the new Storm King's Thunder Module there is a part of it that I don't agree with and I quote

'Invocation now gives a Rough AD bonus instead of granting Rough AD directly. The bonus Rough AD awarded is moderately larger than what was previously granted as straight Rough AD. General Invoking while playing other Rough AD generating activities will see a reasonable increase in AD earned, while Invoking only will see a drastic decrease.'

It doesn't make sense is the 3,300 at level 70 really that bad for you to let people collect, they have to spend 2.5 hours to invoke to get it. you take it away from the leadership now the invocation. Don't say it can be made up in other maps, the Dungeons, Skimishes and PVP maps are a freakin joke, it seems like that if you don't have a 3-4k item score no one wants you in the dungeon, PVP is a turn off for some of people me included never have liked it, and Skirmishes you get people that just stand there and get the same prize as others who do all the work.

Comments

• samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    You might want to check out this multi-page thread on this very subject:

http://forum.arcgames.com/neverwinter/discussion/1218841/invoke-changes-on-preview#latest

Search can be your friend! ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    They're not takin away RAD from Players............non-Players will have a slightly harder time. :)
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    Is the new invocation system somewhere explained in a way I can understand it?
    The link posted by samaka is a quote of a quote of a quote.
    Is there something less rumor-like and possibly with less "it looks like" and "it seems like"?
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Have you read the patch notes?

Not at the time I posted, as the patch notes were not available to the public at the time I asked and my precognition is lax today.

What's not to understand? The exact numbers? we'll have to wait for it to drop before we know. The system seems quite clear to me.

Yes, numbers would be nice. I would not have asked if the system were clear to me.
    You seem to be happy with the wibbly wobbly timey wimey explanation. I prefer numbers.
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • rogerdtaterogerdtate Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    What is clear ? Invoke gives a "bonus" instead of AD and if you do other random AD attaining methods in the game you get AD from the bonus, I think.
    Does the bonus reset when you salvage , do a DD a Skirmish ?
    Or do they add to the bonus ?
    Do they just give AD and only invokes build the bonus to some non-stated amount ?
    If they KNOW the system they have implemented they should post the exact idea and the exact method in which it works.

"Invocation now gives a Rough AD bonus instead of granting Rough AD directly. The bonus Rough AD awarded is moderately larger than what was previously granted as straight Rough AD. General Invoking while playing other Rough AD generating activities will see a reasonable increase in AD earned, while Invoking only will see a drastic decrease."

That could hardly be less clear.
  • shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    there was a dev post about it.
    the ad bonus caps at 100k and remains until spent
    think it takes 27 or 28 days to reach the cap, so the daily ad bonus is bit more than 4k ad