test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Relics of Ostoria

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Adventurers who wish to aquire these Ostorian relics must brave both the fierce creatures that guard them, and the cold itself.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10114703-developer-blog:-relics-of-ostoria

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Digging up relics is actually rather nice. It takes less time than skill nodes. However, you need 66900 Voninblood just to complete the campaign and during testing my average dig was worth 62.5 Voninblood.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    How can i acquire voninblood?
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I would say no thanks, but if I want to finish this campaign . . . .
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Are armor pve or pvp?
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Looks like fun and is rewarded by doing.
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    rayrdan said:

How can i acquire voninblood?

Every quest gives ya 50 V's. There are at least 6 extra droppable quests in each area. HE's give out V's. Of course the relics, each has a value of 50-500, depending on the trowel ya have. The new TBar gear and the Baby Remo pet can net ya extra relics.

Someone on Preview was collecting 6k V's an hour. The BIG issue is gonna be the number of players farming relics. :o

• zivarel#2788 zivarel Member Posts: 1 New User
    "brave the cold"???? I thought it was never supposed to be winter???? :p o:)
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    How does relic armor compare to DF gear? The Frostborn (burn?) is clearly not equal to DF....
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User

How does relic armor compare to DF gear? The Frostborn (burn?) is clearly not equal to DF....

I've only compared DC, CW, and OP. The Frosty gear is slightly better than DF once fully charged. The Relic gear is better than the Masterwork gear when fully charged.

You can survive the new areas without the new gear......it just makes it easier and they look better. :p

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited August 2016

"brave the cold"???? I thought it was never supposed to be winter???? :po:)

"The city of Neverwinter was so named because, even though the town is situated in the cold north of Faerûn, the Neverwinter River that flows through it was heated by fire elementals living under the nearby Mount Hotenow in the Neverwinter Wood. The heat given off from the river creates a permanent warm climate in the immediate area; without the elementals, the river, and subsequently the city's water supply, would freeze over. "

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Neverwinter
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    I'm both PvPr/PvEr and one of the most (or the most) interesting thing to do inPvE is getting better gear, like in the old days in dungeons or farming them like Black Ice gear (grinding some and doing HEs). But the way to get Dragonflight or Elven sets (in Mod 6) was awful. Just letting you know devs, if you are considering fun in PvE. Anyway, this looks nice, I haven't readen much about this Mod but I like IWD region a lot.
  • faithern#1592 faithern Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What is the set bonus on the new gear? I cant find any links..