Install Arc
Options

[PC] Sharpedge's "Almost Everything" CW Guide (Mod 9):

Comments

• Options
    crizpynutzcrizpynutz Member Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    dupeks said:

Removed reference to CA pets, in preparation for next mod.

O.o does this mean you're planning on re-writing how to use them, or that CA pets are no longer going to be "suggested"? Sorry, can't help the curiousity.
    The CA calculation is being reworked in Mod10, CA pets are getting a significant reduction in effectiveness.

Before, pets individually multiplied onto the CA damage (so Blink dog gave you *1.05). If you also had other pets, each multiplied independently onto the calculation.

Now, all pet bonuses just add to the bonus pool (which also includes your attribute and stat-related CA bonuses). The overall effect is a drastic reduction in CA pet effectiveness. So much so that Sharp may consider them strictly inferior to other pets.

More details on CA calc:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1218736/m10-combat-advantage-calculations/p1

Thank you very much Sharp and Dupeks for the information - very, very much appreciated. The results are pretty much as expected. Do you anticipate still building up your CA bonus damage, and simply not using the companions? The only change is really with the blink dog and intellect devourer so I would think you still want that 1k CA bonus stat - any reason to stack it higher??
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User

dupeks said:

Removed reference to CA pets, in preparation for next mod.

O.o does this mean you're planning on re-writing how to use them, or that CA pets are no longer going to be "suggested"? Sorry, can't help the curiousity.
    The CA calculation is being reworked in Mod10, CA pets are getting a significant reduction in effectiveness.

Before, pets individually multiplied onto the CA damage (so Blink dog gave you *1.05). If you also had other pets, each multiplied independently onto the calculation.

Now, all pet bonuses just add to the bonus pool (which also includes your attribute and stat-related CA bonuses). The overall effect is a drastic reduction in CA pet effectiveness. So much so that Sharp may consider them strictly inferior to other pets.

More details on CA calc:
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1218736/m10-combat-advantage-calculations/p1

Thank you very much Sharp and Dupeks for the information - very, very much appreciated. The results are pretty much as expected. Do you anticipate still building up your CA bonus damage, and simply not using the companions? The only change is really with the blink dog and intellect devourer so I would think you still want that 1k CA bonus stat.
    Correct.
  • Options
    damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    @thefabricant
    Could you please clarify two points about the Combustive Action feature ?
    1. In the tooltip it's said when a target of your smolder dies - in your guide it is when you kill... This very important distinction and I would like to know: is the AP gain triggers only if YOU personnaly dispatch the smoldering foes or will you have the AP gain if a helping hand hasten the foe demise?
    2. What is the duration of the debuff?
    Thank you.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

@thefabricant
    Could you please clarify two points about the Combustive Action feature ?

1. In the tooltip it's said when a target of your smolder dies - in your guide it is when you kill... This very important distinction and I would like to know: is the AP gain triggers only if YOU personnaly dispatch the smoldering foes or will you have the AP gain if a helping hand hasten the foe demise?
    2. What is the duration of the debuff?
    Thank you.
    1) Anyone, not just you.

2) 4 seconds.
  • Options
    hermione#7016 hermione Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    As a thaum/Opp CWA I'm struggling to decide between Sudden storm or steal time in my rotation. Is sudden storm better just strictly cos of elemental empowerment?
  • Options

As a thaum/Opp CWA I'm struggling to decide between Sudden storm or steal time in my rotation. Is sudden storm better just strictly cos of elemental empowerment?

It depends on the group and the situation, sometimes its better, sometimes its worse. In high buff/debuff groups, its better because of the shorter animation+burst damage. In packs of 6+ monsters, its better because of the lack of a target cap. In low buff groups with less than 6 or less monsters, its worse.
  • Options
    Ok, when's the best time to use it as part of an AoE rotation, assume you go CoI-IT-OF-SS-Disintegrate?
  • Options

Ok, when's the best time to use it as part of an AoE rotation, assume you go CoI-IT-OF-SS-Disintegrate?

Yes, that is when to use it.
  • Options
    Random question; but I've been told it doesn't.. Does disintegrate proc elemental reinforcement? Heard through the grapevine it's bugged like FtF
  • Options

Random question; but I've been told it doesn't.. Does disintegrate proc elemental reinforcement? Heard through the grapevine it's bugged like FtF

It definitely procs it.
  • Options
    shiva#4006 shiva Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Question coming from a newbie sorry if its stupid
    1. does stormspell procs elemental empowerment?

2. How big in damage does stormspell yield vs critical confla+smolder?
  • Options
    nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    1. Storm spell does not - those are only procced by encounter spells

2. Someone else may know the exact figures, but generally storm spell will be used with chilling presence and that would heavily outweigh the fire combos you listed. However in the fire situation you would increase group DPS, while the storm spell combo would focus on personal dps. There are arguments for both, but it depends on your play style
  • Options
    What rings benefit the best for a companion now Xbox have bonding stone update, are +4\+5 sudden rings more consistent or on par with adorable rings now? Sorry, not at home for a while or would test myself
  • Options
    edited August 2016

What rings benefit the best for a companion now Xbox have bonding stone update, are +4\+5 sudden rings more consistent or on par with adorable rings now? Sorry, not at home for a while or would test myself

I find adorable to be the better choice. This is because you don't have any downtime in longer fights (which is where the stats actually matter, nobody is concerned about the stats they have for trash fights).
  • Options
    Out of curiosity and seeing difference of opinion, what's people's companion set up? Also, I noticed wild hunt rider in collections on Xbox, don't think I've seen it before... Will Xbox be getting it??
  • Options
    craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    XBOX

Post CA: Fire Arch (Summoned), Earth Arch, Air Arch, Erinees, Owlbear Cub.

Until we get the change I'll keep rocking the CA companions in place of the Earth and Erinees.
  • Options
    Owlbear over siege master? Interesting
  • Options
    hallowsxhallowsx Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hello, great guide! question is this up to date? im a noob starting on ps4 and about to hit 70! any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    hallowsx said:

Hello, great guide! question is this up to date? im a noob starting on ps4 and about to hit 70! any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated!

It is up to date.
  • Options
    craoluscraolus Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Owlbear over siege master? Interesting

My crit is 60-70% (sudden rings on companion) so I still get a decent boost from the cub. I'll switch it out when my crit gets reliably higher.
  • Options
    shiva#4006 shiva Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Question, if i use dc sigil as my main artifact, would it be better to use vorpal, or would dread still be better?
  • Options
    constantmule#4943 constantmule Member Posts: 90 Arc User
    im all about being a team player, does going full support build the dmg enough of others to respec from my current dps/support
  • Options

im all about being a team player, does going full support build the dmg enough of others to respec from my current dps/support

It does, however, it makes soloing take a very long time as your personal dps disappears.
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    It does, however, it makes soloing take a very long time as your personal dps disappears.

It also makes you very squashy as a result of that, i had to find this the hard way and respecced as a result. Running a bit of a hybrid but really need to adjust it again :p.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • Options
    khashirkhashir Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Hey, thanks so much for the extensive guide—I'm almost done reading (ha! Can't imagine how long it took to write!), and I had a short question about the SS Ren build: you describe Nightmare Wizardry as the 2nd most important feat in the tree, but instead of maxing it, you allot 2 points to Phantasmal Destruction (which you don't do in the MoF Ren build). How effective would it be to max NW? Esp. given your caveat that PD loses effectiveness with groups running high-crit sev builds (and that, given Storm Spell, SS Ren also runs high-crit sev).

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    khashir said:

Hey, thanks so much for the extensive guide—I'm almost done reading (ha! Can't imagine how long it took to write!), and I had a short question about the SS Ren build: you describe Nightmare Wizardry as the 2nd most important feat in the tree, but instead of maxing it, you allot 2 points to Phantasmal Destruction (which you don't do in the MoF Ren build). How effective would it be to max NW? Esp. given your caveat that PD loses effectiveness with groups running high-crit sev builds (and that, given Storm Spell, SS Ren also runs high-crit sev).

Thanks in advance!

The reason I don't max it is I find it procs consistently without 5 points in it.
  • Options
    Also, a minor note, I will be covering mod 10 gear and boons sooner or later as well as adding more to the party synergy section.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

khashir said:

Thanks in advance!

The reason I don't max it is I find it procs consistently without 5 points in it.
    Ah sweet—thanks for the quick reply!

One other question, I hope it makes sense—it seems (preliminary impressions, not extensive testing) that SS, compared to MoF:
    1. depends more on being close and/or stationary for optimal DPS (charge up Storm Pillar, Steal Time, Sudden Storm, Icy Terrain)
    2. and enemies have to be closer together (compare encounter/daily paragon powers' AoE),
    while MoF can run around, from a safer distance, spreading DoTs to a wider area. How does this translate into end-game DPS? I.e., do MoF builds overtake SS because end-game content rarely provides SS optimal conditions?
  • Options
    khashir said:

khashir said:

Thanks in advance!

Ah sweet—thanks for the quick reply!

One other question, I hope it makes sense—it seems (preliminary impressions, not extensive testing) that SS:
    1. depends more on being close and/or stationary for optimal DPS (charge up Storm Pillar, Steal Time, Sudden Storm, Icy Terrain)
    2. and enemies have to be closer together (compare encounter/daily paragon powers' AoE),
    while MoF can run around, from a safer distance, spreading DoTs to a wider area. How does this translate into end-game DPS? I.e., do MoF builds overtake SS because end-game content rarely provides SS optimal conditions?
    No, in fact, more often than not, SS is far in the lead when it comes to dps.
  • Options
    edited August 2016

No, in fact, more often than not, SS is far in the lead when it comes to dps.

Awesome—thanks for sharing your insights!
This discussion has been closed.