test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Greetings all,

Brand new to the game. Just wondering, for the sake of not reinventing the wheel, what websites, links, Youtubes, what have you, are good for getting started and for learning the ropes.

I am NOT the kind of player who can just dive in and learn that way. That just doesn't work well for me, so I spend a lot of time researching; namely, to learn the dos, don'ts, and basic tips so as not to screw myself (or screw myself as little as possible) as I play. I don't dig doing that at all!

So, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Starkman
Starkman

Best Answer

• Options
    magenubbiemagenubbie Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,344 Arc User
    edited July 2016 Answer ✓
    There's an entire forum section devoted to the different classes. Most builds described there come with video's/instruction on how to play as well. I suggest you start there. Any questions you have on those classes can be posted there as well.

But a few things in general:
    - Do your skirmishes and start them early on. You won't need AD that early in the game, but they are a good source of AD and will save you some grinding later on. And if you like achievements and stuff like that, certain skirmishes don't come back as events.
    - First time through, play it as it was intended, with no help from the cash shop. Experience the game as it was meant to be.

There's a thread for newbies or two in the general discussion section that has quite a list of of the do and don't.

Answers

• Options
    starkman#8414 starkman Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Great, magenubbie. Thanks very much!
    Starkman
  • Options
    taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    MMO Minds (google them) is also a good place for guides and often has more options than what the class forums provide. Most people in the forums will strictly stick to the FOTM specs and that's it. MMO minds has always seems to have SOMEONE that's tried doing a different paragon path/feat tree than the usual.
    NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
    NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)
  • Options
    starkman#8414 starkman Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    Made note of that site. Thanks!
    Starkman