test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Stream: Storm King's Thunder

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Join us on Friday, August 5 at 3PM PT for a developer stream on our upcoming expansion, Storm King’s Thunder. Submit your questions in this thread.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10098523-developer-stream:-storm-king's-thunder

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I have a question for Sean. What is your favorite thing about this expansion coming up? Also, you may have answered this one in the past or in other locations, but I can't recall, so I'm going to ask it again - what class is your main, and what do you love about it?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • banazirgalasborbanazirgalasbor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I noticed that I can no longer get older quests to finish off the campaign deeds. Is this something on my end or is it no longer possible to get old/missed deeds?
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Is Fangbreaker Island going to be an account unlock like Edemo was? that was an incredibly nice thing, to be able to do the campaign full bore on only 1 toon and unlock it on everyone so that the rest of your alts could take the campaign at a more spread out pace that didn't make you want to murder the person who though dailies were a good idea on 5 toons :)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • gankdalf#8991 gankdalf Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 930 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Are we gonna get ANY new weapons (not transmutes) and if so, what kind? Will they be better than current artifact weapons?

What kind of loot does Fangbreaker Island have? Anything that can be farmed and sold for AD profits? Not talking about rank 7/8s, but real value items? And how is the drop rates compared to Edemo and CN? Because Ive run like CN and edemo probably 300 times now and only got one legendary ring (not the one I wanted).

WHEN will we see our old dungeons back in EPIC versions for ENDGAMERS?

And the most important question:
    Will you do anything about the self-healing we have in PvP domination today? Because PvP is not fun anymore. Nothing ever dies.

▁ ▂ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ Gankdalf The Icehole █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▂ ▁

• bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    What gear can we get from this dungeon? You guys mentioned it would be best in slot.. I just want to understand what slot and why? What is Voninblood and is this infusion a throw back to the unsuccessful Icewind dale style armor black ice infusion with black ice resistance?
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• wurmschwanzwurmschwanz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    @metalldjt
    +1, very good questions
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    I Triple Dog Dare Strummy to lick the Frozen Coccoon!!! >:)

Q. Will there be an SK Thunder pack.....or something that would include bonus Ten Town Supplies and Voninblood?
  • unknowndramaunknowndrama Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 115 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

1. For the PvP Sets ,
    14. Dungeon Rewards when are we goin to get a review?

I will like a answer on this also since i have like all most 500 epic key from vip..i only play VT-ELOL-CN for a chance on a artifact since they are the only one worth playing.. and becose t2 dungeons not worth my time..why run t2 for a piece of salvage ring..also pls make them stack to 999..prolly till end of my VIP i will get there unnless you make some changes on making the game rewarding for playing not just lockboxes...

• drive9876drive9876 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hey, I do want to know about Melee HR (necessary)changes, right now it is almost useless it has to be rlly improved
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    @strumslinger @commanderander Will we see a better Queue system based on Item Level or gear? and will we see some BETTER rewards in some of these dungeons? as well as over all? such as easier obtainability of legendary rings, better chances to receive items? Will we see more PvP maps and modes? More content?
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User
    Will there be SH donatables in the new areas? Vouchers, campaign currencies, etc. And if so what kind? Dragon, IWD, DR, etc.
  • goatfaceonegoatfaceone Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    1. Will there be any new 2 slot companion only gear with Storm King’s Thunder?
    2. Can Xbox (and ps4?) get access to Loyal companion gear? Trade Bars or even Zen Pack
    3. Could Tiamat get same treatment as Epic Demo, where it can be done at anytime?
    4. Could the amount of Linu's Favor needed be adjusted, like to competed them with alts someday
  • oldschoolpopoldschoolpop Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Do either of you play the game on xbox, or is that kinda like a mailman going for a hike (too much like work). If you do. please come play with us in the Ruthless guild.
  • shivakidshivakid Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Will you guys ever fix that clipping issue with 90% of the cosmetic items? I get aggravated when I make a perfect outfit, and then my toon's shoulders clip through it. Other than that, I have no major issues with this game.
  • dratomic1#3275 dratomic1 Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    Will we get the ability to turn visual effects of armor and weapon enchantments off for at least PvE environments? It's so silly trying to create a character that only looks good on the charactersheet because the enchantment effects are overruling all coloring and matching you did...
  • truckulatruckula Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited August 2016

Here is what I would like to see added to the game.

FASHION CLOSET

Yes, I know it sounds silly. Yes, I know this sounds useless. However, bear with me a moment. For each fashion outfit you wish to wear you have to dedicate three slots in your inventory. Even if you have the runic bags, this will eat up your inventory in a hurry. There are tons of outfits in the store, every event comes with an outfit, in fact most major events come with two or three outfits. The Liars Masquerade comes with a bunch of masks to wear as well. Some of us really like to change the outfits on our toons on a regular basis.

Here is how it could (read should) work.
    1. The closet should have three tabs. One for each slot
    2. All available clothing outfits should be displayed in each tab.
    3. All pieces should be shown in a locked state, but you should be able to preview each item.
    4. As each new piece of fashion is equipped it should then be unlocked.
    5. Players should be able to test out pieces from all three tabs with a preview model on their toon, with the option to save any changes as they go or when they are finished.
    6. Saving will only work for unlocked items.
    Here are some optional ideas that could be nice (future) additions.
    • The closet is an account wide unlock. (Possibly for a small zen fee.)
    • Upgrades to clothing much like the insignias for the horses.
    • Possible small set bonuses.
    • A companions closet where different sets of clothing for similar racial classes. (IE no dog clothes on humans or vice-versa.
    • Ability to where a companions outfit.
    • Special fashion items for our companions. (Yes, I actually dress up my pets for Halloween, and would like to see this in game!)
    ddfuv.jpg
    Click banner for the Dragon Dogs Family guild page.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Do either of you play the game on xbox, or is that kinda like a mailman going for a hike (too much like work). If you do. please come play with us in the Ruthless guild.

Yup, we both play! I do Play with Strum events on Xbox One, as well.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• sqyire#2121 sqyire Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    What is the name and address of the largest giant I can kill?
    GWF-Woden: 3800'ish
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User

With regards to the requirements below, how are F2P players expected to raise their IL by about 600 points during the new campaign? Even if they are fully up-to-date with ME-weapons, they will not be able to reach 3.1k IL with the content currently available to them.

And here i was fearing a 3K gear Score, they made it 3.1K :s
    Try to have 3 toons at this level is impossible !
    I'm not going there soon, this game was never atl friendly but this 3.1K IL is a alt killer...
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

And here i was fearing a 3K gear Score, they made it 3.1K :s
    Try to have 3 toons at this level is impossible !
    I'm not going there soon, this game was never atl friendly but this 3.1K IL is a alt killer...

I have at least 3 at this level, but probably 5. They're 3k-ish in their Inscribed undies.

This is not to say that it hasn't required a lot of working the system to get them there, and there's probably not a lot further they can go if I continue to refuse to pay for items like reinforcement kits or the more expensive enchant upgrades... but it's been done.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    What is the recommended IL to begin the Storm King's Thunder campaign?
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User

What is the recommended IL to begin the Storm King's Thunder campaign?

I have no problem with a 2.5k IL. It's just the major HEs you'll want to avoid for now. ;)

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    What can you tell us about that "Buy Level 70 Character" option that is on Preview?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • lilly#3562 lilly Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    truckula said:

Here is what I would like to see added to the game.

FASHION CLOSET

Yes, I know it sounds silly. Yes, I know this sounds useless. However, bear with me a moment. For each fashion outfit you wish to wear you have to dedicate three slots in your inventory. Even if you have the runic bags, this will eat up your inventory in a hurry. There are tons of outfits in the store, every event comes with an outfit, in fact most major events come with two or three outfits. The Liars Masquerade comes with a bunch of masks to wear as well. Some of us really like to change the outfits on our toons on a regular basis.

Here is how it could (read should) work.
    1. The closet should have three tabs. One for each slot
    2. All available clothing outfits should be displayed in each tab.
    3. All pieces should be shown in a locked state, but you should be able to preview each item.
    4. As each new piece of fashion is equipped it should then be unlocked.
    5. Players should be able to test out pieces from all three tabs with a preview model on their toon, with the option to save any changes as they go or when they are finished.
    6. Saving will only work for unlocked items.
    Here are some optional ideas that could be nice (future) additions.
    • The closet is an account wide unlock. (Possibly for a small zen fee.)
    • Upgrades to clothing much like the insignias for the horses.
    • Possible small set bonuses.
    • A companions closet where different sets of clothing for similar racial classes. (IE no dog clothes on humans or vice-versa.
    • Ability to where a companions outfit.
    • Special fashion items for our companions. (Yes, I actually dress up my pets for Halloween, and would like to see this in game!)
    this would be really great

Will we get the ability to turn visual effects of armor and weapon enchantments off for at least PvE environments? It's so silly trying to create a character that only looks good on the charactersheet because the enchantment effects are overruling all coloring and matching you did...

I agree with you. Lots agree with you and lots have asked about it before but it is never addressed, seems to be totally rediculous having fashion things and being able to dye them, yet you cannot see unless you unequip armor
This discussion has been closed.