test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2nd Screen on PS4

This is probably already widely known but, on the off-chance anyone doesn't know yet, there is a faster way to type on the PS4 in game than by slowly using the built in keyboard you get when you press square to type.

I've only tried this on my iPad but I would guess this also works on other similar tablets. There is an app called the "Official Playstation App" which you can download and log into with your PSN account. It is then possible, via the PS4 settings, to join this device to the PS4. One of the benefits is that it allows you to run the app on the iPad as a second screen.

What this means in game terms is that when you press square to type, the second screen activates on the iPad and you can type on that keyboard instead. I certainly find that a quicker way to type.

Additionally, the iPad also has a dictation mode which is pretty good. I was having great fun using that to message in Guild chat last night.

Anyway, hope that helps someone in the Community. :)
imageimageimageimageimageimage
Tagged:

Comments

• fivesix#2273 fivesix Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Thanks a ton, I had thought about that but not tried it. Found a new use for the tablet :P
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    You can also use the touchpad on the controller to type.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Or you can just use almost literally any regular usb or wireless keyboard.

Or a chatpad connected to your controller.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    jmadfour said:

Except that there have been reports from some that keyboard input doesn't work.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User

jmadfour said:

Except that there have been reports from some that keyboard input doesn't work.

It does. I don't know where these reports are coming from, tbh. I have both a Logitech Wireless Keyboard, and a Chatpad on my controller and both work flawlessly.

maybe these people haven't figured out that you have to hit R1+down and then Square?
  • datawesomeness#1754 datawesomeness Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I was wondering how to do this but couldn't, so thanks m8
  • tachiharatachihara Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I've been using it from my phone. Been great compared to hunting and pecking on the virtual keyboard.
  • gunther#4570 gunther Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    jmadfour said:

This
  • wormdaddy24601wormdaddy24601 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    I can attest that the blue tooth keyboards that attach to controllers work, though the one I got kept getting unpaired. The biggest annoyance is you have to hit three buttons just to type, so unless you are just chatting while loitering it was really impractical (not sure if this is true for a full keyboard). I sent mine back when I found the second screen app. It is just easier to use my iPhone. Set it up, plug into the wall, turn screen time out off, and then whenever you need to type hit the square and type on the phone.

The Logitec K400 looks pretty cool though and pretty inexpensive. If for some reason I start to have a problem with second screen I might try that. Thing is, I play in the living room and a large keyboard might be kinda unwieldy.