test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer Festival Returns Hot!

13»

Comments

• gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User

There is an icon on the world map for Summer Festival. You go there for the event.There is also a summer profession in the professions window. Also, the mounts and companions that drop from the contests are unbound.The store ones are bound.

So how exactly does the drop in contests work, as Ive came in first place multiple times in various contests, but yet to see something worth anything drop?
  • aquilohawk#7208 aquilohawk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Thnx appreciate it..I'll check it out
    I actually don't see anything on the world map that shows or says anything about the summer festivals or in the profession window about summer professions..any idea what they are called?
    Oh it's not on the ps4 yet? Lol that would explain it..guess I should have seen that it wasn't lmao..thanks for letting me know I really appreciate it..I've been running around looking for it haha
    Hope so..sounds like it'd be fun
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

Summer Festival will not be on PS4 this year, unfortunately.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    Seriously need to add new stuff to the Favor and Petal shops. Some of us old timers have everything from them and the currency is piling up. :/
    Well that kinda blows lol..but hopefully we'll get some of the other events and stuff
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    why did the devs not put a ticket vendor in protectors enclave, extending the event was nice but now i have tons of mithral tickets i cannot use.

tickets left after summer festival
    1011 copper
    643 silver
    64 mithral
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Ouch that sucks genjun but I'm pretty sure they said the event was extended because there wasn't going to be a vendor put in the enclave. I think it was forgotten about and there was "no way" to fix it over the course of 3 days. Glitched sahha balls can be fixed overnight but adding a vendor to the enclave so people can spend tickets is difficult I guess.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Update 7/27: We'll be extending the Summer Festival until August 1 at 10am PT in order to give adventurers more time to turn in their tickets to the ticket exchange. Once the Summer Festival ends on Monday, the ticket vendor and his wares will not be at the event dais. The sahha ball will also be removed from the Zen Market when the event ends. We hope you enjoy this extended festival!

The event has a holdover vendor, but this was not modified this year to include tickets, as Andy acknowledges above.

Tickets should not decay, as they currently do not have any indication of a timer and it would be a kitten move to add one considering how many players wouldn't have realized they wouldn't be able to spend the tickets at the holdover vendor because they didn't read the blog edit.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    yeah was sad but i can wait a year for ticket turn in i dont really mind waiting i am just hoping they dont go away at all someone said the favors might though
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Your favors should not unless they change them again (kitten move), but petals will.

You can spend favors and petals at the holdover merchant, but I had leftover favors from last year that I kept through this year. They used to decay but the timer was removed.

They did keep the decay timer on petals and flowers, but I am somewhat grudgingly willing to accept that I eventually want to get rid of the rotting vegetation in my backpack.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • buckeyestar#6353 buckeyestar Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Summer Festival will not be on PS4 this year, unfortunately.
    That's HAMSTER. Why are PS4 players being treated as inferior? We don't get the same events and don't get all the same stuff in the stores.
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User

I love the new ball game. it is a lot of fun but I very quickly found tons of players abusing things and playing poorly. so first I have seen players on my team and the other team just get 1 point then actively kick the ball out of bounds to run down time. there needs to be no out of bounds or if your team did it too much you start losing points. I am also seeing these people that somehow tackle and can knock down 4 people at once then use it again in like 3 seconds. That needs ether a longer cool down or only hit one person. Not just the fact you will have 3 people on one team going "knock down knock down knock down" you have people that win and as you try to leave after you lost they do noting but "haha we won *knock down* haha *knock down*" or the winning team will just block the exit and mock the ones that lose. Now i do love this new game but these things really do seem unfair and or very poor sportsmanship. one way to fix the tackle is one knocks down one and after the match it can not be used. I am getting sick of trying to get the chest and the winners just hit us around or trying to leave and the same. the next 2 gate ways. One in each goal and the other team can not go to your's so they can not block you from leaving to mock you. and the last as I said no out of bounds or after a team does it too much they lose points. If I find more stuff I will let you know to help out.

ok found another bug. My team was losing at 3 to 0 but we started to get a come back. But our 4 goals never counted so the end match was 3 to 0 so we lost. So right now I am waiting to get my chest as the winning team is spending their win tackling us over and over and over again.

1) "Knock-down" / Check skill... yeah, it's annoying, but it's PvP. What do you expect? Anyone can spend the copper tickets to get it, if they really care to.

2) Players blocking the exits.. you don't HAVE to use the teleport to exit. If you right=click your picture on the party list you can "abnadon instance" to quit the area. And again... PvP, what do you expect?

1. The trouble is 1 guy can take down a full team with enough size away a full team should not be knocked down

2. I am in the xbox one. If I leave instance I am locked out from joing for half an hour.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User

These transmutes make us look like Bums pushing shopping carts.

Wait, you mean you don't want your toon walking around with a trough on his back for a shield? Or a fork for a weapon? Seriously, worst ideas ever after you get past the humor in it.
    I like them. If you wanted get the pesent outfit and boom farmer joe has to take up his shovel to help fight in the war. I like the idea. But I think they are something you should be able to get from a shop for gold or something as well as the outfit. It would let anyone make farmer joe or farm girl jane.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐