test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Summer Festival Returns Hot!

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Did they change the look of the Summer Festival HR OH? I can swear it previously looked like Sai with vines wrapped around it. This year it's more like a cutlass :'(

I thought rapier? I'll have to take a look. It was never my fave, but I did use it for a while because I had it anyway and was covering something hideous.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Maybe you have to cross your fingers and hope that this is like Respen's and more stuff appears as the event goes on, which makes getting coppers less absurd? There are also "quests" you can buy with coppers, maybe you need those to unlock the coppers! hahahahahakillusnow

Just cross your fingers that this isn't like Respen's in how they don't actually activate the stuff people are actually looking to get until a week later.

And cross your entire existence and hope Cryptic has suddenly decided that prompt and rapid (not a week later at the best, you don't have to only ever update on that one day of the week!) fixes and changes are wise and actually do something to address player concerns. It's getting real upsetting how within minutes of an event starting we tell them "This event is bugged and it's crappy because of it, or just otherwise designed by concussed idiots", and then two months later we see a patch update saying they've fixed it so hooray, just wait maybe 9 months to see if they made it worse or not!
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I honestly don't care about the mounts. But I don't understand why copper tickets that are just for fun only are so gated. You can mass produce the sunite hat and pants for pete's sake!
  • graydoomgraydoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Summer Hell Festival was good in two first days, nows its impossible to really get some stuff from copper tickets and mithral... Im very disapointed about this event, jubilee protetor event was great.... Summer Festival now is just unfair and impossible to get good rewards... People wait this event and we get this poor event, where only the most lucky players will get legendary mounts... the most players in the game will not even see any reward, and my personal advice is to come back to regular farm in edemo or CN... i open mithral tickets and the consolation rewards dont even make the effort tô get it... very disapointed
    The sahhaa game is unfair, and the physics are just confuse to most players, maybe fifa soccer players like, but its just strange game... and rewards dont make effort to play the game, and come on, 10 mins to get 5 flowers or in lucky 3 copper tickets... I dont know what devs think when create this mixed soccer volley football game.... please better prices to sahha and closed Field tô the game, rounded corners....
    Make 5 minutes matchs please...
    Volley in the wall glitch seens just fair to me with this impossible 0,00000000000000000000000000000001% of drop legendary mounts... but now its became just a dream tô get... like eyepatch fashion plus pirate hat
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

The Summer Festival returns to Neverwinter! New this year is the wonderful game of sahha, a ticket exchange, and relaxing looks for the hot weather.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10059133-the-summer-festival-returns-to-neverwinter!

when gathering flowers I got the enticing SPECIAL REWARDS Screen and then my system locked and the game crashed. I"ll never know what that special reward might have been...any ideas?
  • bladedge12bladedge12 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I love the new ball game. it is a lot of fun but I very quickly found tons of players abusing things and playing poorly. so first I have seen players on my team and the other team just get 1 point then actively kick the ball out of bounds to run down time. there needs to be no out of bounds or if your team did it too much you start losing points. I am also seeing these people that somehow tackle and can knock down 4 people at once then use it again in like 3 seconds. That needs ether a longer cool down or only hit one person. Not just the fact you will have 3 people on one team going "knock down knock down knock down" you have people that win and as you try to leave after you lost they do noting but "haha we won *knock down* haha *knock down*" or the winning team will just block the exit and mock the ones that lose. Now i do love this new game but these things really do seem unfair and or very poor sportsmanship. one way to fix the tackle is one knocks down one and after the match it can not be used. I am getting sick of trying to get the chest and the winners just hit us around or trying to leave and the same. the next 2 gate ways. One in each goal and the other team can not go to your's so they can not block you from leaving to mock you. and the last as I said no out of bounds or after a team does it too much they lose points. If I find more stuff I will let you know to help out.

ok found another bug. My team was losing at 3 to 0 but we started to get a come back. But our 4 goals never counted so the end match was 3 to 0 so we lost. So right now I am waiting to get my chest as the winning team is spending their win tackling us over and over and over again.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐

I'm curious about the body paint... is this a permanent item or do they fade off the character in time?

It is also fashion, worn in the head slot, so all of them show up with the South Sea fashions.

This makes me curious if the body paint textures can show under other fashions or not, but the stuff is only in Gateway's collections so far and therefore can't be previewed.
    It does. Just do the thing that lets you see it on your person. Some outfits will cover it but it does work with others.
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
    Could you guys make the endless water decanter cause players to flinch after the event? The waterball and bucket do it, but players/NPCs have no reaction to it beyond the water battle game so it sorta becomes petals wasted.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

I love the new ball game. it is a lot of fun but I very quickly found tons of players abusing things and playing poorly. so first I have seen players on my team and the other team just get 1 point then actively kick the ball out of bounds to run down time. there needs to be no out of bounds or if your team did it too much you start losing points. I am also seeing these people that somehow tackle and can knock down 4 people at once then use it again in like 3 seconds. That needs ether a longer cool down or only hit one person. Not just the fact you will have 3 people on one team going "knock down knock down knock down" you have people that win and as you try to leave after you lost they do noting but "haha we won *knock down* haha *knock down*" or the winning team will just block the exit and mock the ones that lose. Now i do love this new game but these things really do seem unfair and or very poor sportsmanship. one way to fix the tackle is one knocks down one and after the match it can not be used. I am getting sick of trying to get the chest and the winners just hit us around or trying to leave and the same. the next 2 gate ways. One in each goal and the other team can not go to your's so they can not block you from leaving to mock you. and the last as I said no out of bounds or after a team does it too much they lose points. If I find more stuff I will let you know to help out.

Well, isn't that just lovely -- the event has made it open season for every maladjusted griefer on the rest of the playerbase. I guess I won't be playing any Sahha matches any more. That's a shame, too, because when it's played fairly it's a lot of fun.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured

The Summer Festival returns to Neverwinter! New this year is the wonderful game of sahha, a ticket exchange, and relaxing looks for the hot weather.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10059133-the-summer-festival-returns-to-neverwinter!

when gathering flowers I got the enticing SPECIAL REWARDS Screen and then my system locked and the game crashed. I"ll never know what that special reward might have been...any ideas?
    A display bug. This happens to me on something ridiculous like 40% of skill nodes, and very rarely on event interact items. I don't know why, other than the game taunting me, but there's nothing special involved. It's the same "special reward" notification you get when you pull an Eye of Lathander, but it flashes really quickly (too fast to ever capture) and disperses, because it's not a valid message for that type of container.

@thefiresidecat (@terramak to prove it's not just me!)

Neverwinter Census 2017

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User

Good Job with Sahha match, is full of BOT/AFK and kick is disabled. Is not fun at all be 3 vs 5 all the times cause AFK/BOT. Hope you will fix this in the next patch.

The AFK'ers are especially annoying when they're maladjusted -- when they curse you out for asking them to play, cursing your mother, calling the event stupid, blah, blah, blah.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
    edited July 2016
    hustin1 said:

Well, isn't that just lovely -- the event has made it open season for every maladjusted griefer on the rest of the playerbase. I guess I won't be playing any Sahha matches any more. That's a shame, too, because when it's played fairly it's a lot of fun.
    Yep the game is a lot of fun when people play fair and do not "hur hur" you over and over. That is why I went to flax. More fair and fun.
    Post edited by bladedge12 on
    ✋☞ ✡⚐
  • goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User

ok found another bug. My team was losing at 3 to 0 but we started to get a come back. But our 4 goals never counted so the end match was 3 to 0 so we lost. So right now I am waiting to get my chest as the winning team is spending their win tackling us over and over and over again.

1) "Knock-down" / Check skill... yeah, it's annoying, but it's PvP. What do you expect? Anyone can spend the copper tickets to get it, if they really care to.

2) Players blocking the exits.. you don't HAVE to use the teleport to exit. If you right=click your picture on the party list you can "abnadon instance" to quit the area. And again... PvP, what do you expect?

• scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    @strumslinger
    Thanks for extending the event. Would it be possible to tells us why the ticket vendor won't be available at the event dais? That is the easiest option after all, and it is one players have come to expect over time from events, that the vendors stick around for a week after.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    While talking about the event again. Can anyone confirm that the copper ticket balls are permanent items?

And doesn't anyone know what the other techniques do?
    scathias said:

@strumslinger
    Thanks for extending the event. Would it be possible to tells us why the ticket vendor won't be available at the event dais? That is the easiest option after all, and it is one players have come to expect over time from events, that the vendors stick around for a week after.

The obvious answer is they didn't update the dais vendor to include a way to spend tickets, and they can't put together a patch to address such oversight at this late date.

I am relatively certain that the holdover vendor doesn't let you spend flowers either, only petals and favors.

Neverwinter Census 2017

ghoulz66 said:

While talking about the event again. Can anyone confirm that the copper ticket balls are permanent items?

And doesn't anyone know what the other techniques do?

Neither tickets nor balls have a timer indicated on them.

Sahha techniques. Check is the one to knock down your opponents. I thought the store descriptions were reasonable, but haven't looked at them since the first day. Spike and ? Sahha is a take on the real-life sport of handball.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

scathias said:

@strumslinger

The obvious answer is they didn't update the dais vendor to include a way to spend tickets, and they can't put together a patch to address such oversight at this late date.

I am relatively certain that the holdover vendor doesn't let you spend flowers either, only petals and favors.
    I'll be completely honest and say this was an unfortunate oversight on our end, hence the extension.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

I'll be completely honest and say this was an unfortunate oversight on our end, hence the extension.

@strumslinger

How about finding a better way to notify people when these last second changes are made? I bought mounts for alts based on the fact that I didn't have enough zunes for the better mounts. Had I known the event would be extended I would have waited the extra days out and gotten more zunes.
    @strumslinger

I know this suggestion is a bit pointless, but could we get a fix to the Endless Water Decanter so it can stun players outside of the event like the Endless Water Balloon and Endless Water Bucket can?

It's awesome to wield a water bazooka, but it doesn't do anything aside from the water battle contest.

• ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

These transmutes make us look like Bums pushing shopping carts.

Wait, you mean you don't want your toon walking around with a trough on his back for a shield? Or a fork for a weapon? Seriously, worst ideas ever after you get past the humor in it.

These transmutes make us look like Bums pushing shopping carts.

Wait, you mean you don't want your toon walking around with a trough on his back for a shield? Or a fork for a weapon? Seriously, worst ideas ever after you get past the humor in it.
    Seems to be a matter of to each their own.

I like traditional high fantasy/pseudo-medieval looks. For the most part, the more a weapon looks like something else, the less I like it. So Farmer is definitely not my favorite.

But, I've seen people who absolutely love them. It's not a big deal.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    The Farmer's Watering Can transmute is great. I wish there was a straw hat to go with it.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • aquilohawk#7208 aquilohawk Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Where can I find this event? I'm not seeing it in my ques and it says it's still going on
  • gothkid1972gothkid1972 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    When did the Blue Ribbon Pig, and the Pig Companion become character bound...Im sure Ive seen them on the Auction House (they are as I just took a peek)...

Honestly if I knew these were character bound, I never would have bothered...