test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The game had me hooked until level 70

bebebeelzebubbebebeelzebub Member Posts: 7 Arc User
I was really into this game and it seems there is still a lot to do as I haven't even finished Firey Pit yet, but once I hit level 70 it seemed like I hit a brick wall. I die on almost every encounter other than the Firey Pit ones. I heard rumours that you need to play the rest of the game always in a party? If that is the case then I guess we had a good run Neverwinter?

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    You should have been here back during module 2. Leveling up was such a great experience. There were people all over the place. Could always queue up for something and enjoy a wipe or two.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Not every level 70 area is equal. Some are much harder then others.

Your best bet is to finish the elemental evil campaign. You can also do the maze engine and sharandar in parallel with few issues. The next set of campaigns to focus on should be dread ring and underdark. Save icewind dale and well if dragons for last. Those areas can be soloed but you really need around 2000 item level and a ton of boons from the previous campaigns to do comfortably.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    Healer companion is what you need until you get stronger. I can kind of remember when it was hard like that and that's what I had to do.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User

I was really into this game and it seems there is still a lot to do as I haven't even finished Firey Pit yet, but once I hit level 70 it seemed like I hit a brick wall. I die on almost every encounter other than the Firey Pit ones. I heard rumours that you need to play the rest of the game always in a party? If that is the case then I guess we had a good run Neverwinter?

Why the H*ll would you join an MMO and want to solo=play? and NO you don't have to be in a group to do your campaigns or hunt dragons or w/e... but you DO need to for Dungeons.. and thank god you do. The game just STARTS at 70... and if everything in game could be done solo.. then people that like to work together really wouldn't have ANYTHING worth doing.. which is almost the case now.
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
  • akoran#4212 akoran Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Also, make sure you get your hands on alliance gear at the very least, with some rank 7 enchants and you'll be good to solo the first couple campaigns no problem. also blue artifacts at least. makes a difference.
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Earning or buying Utility slot enchants which drop RP for refining your artifacts and weapons is a big help. As you earn your boons it puts your gear upgrades on autopilot. Also enhance pets and mounts as much as possible.
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    weaver936 said:

Why the H*ll would you join an MMO and want to solo=play? and NO you don't have to be in a group to do your campaigns or hunt dragons or w/e... but you DO need to for Dungeons.. and thank god you do. The game just STARTS at 70... and if everything in game could be done solo.. then people that like to work together really wouldn't have ANYTHING worth doing.. which is almost the case now.

Why wouldn't someone play an MMO solo? MMO just means they are many characters in the game. It doesn't specify relationships. The idea some of those characters can't be hermits just as some people are in the real world is preposterous. In games with PVP servers some players do nothing but hunt the group carebears. Variety makes a virtual world more interesting and complex. To reduce it to the expectations of one group diminishes it. I've always wanted to see a game where players who wanted to could play mobs and/or bosses. Now that would be much more interesting than relentless groupthink pablum.