test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please explain the logic of Shocking execution..

trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
edited July 2016 in PvP Discussion
I would really like for someone to explain the LOGIC of Shocking execution. If you all could help or even try to address this. Please no flaming this post. This is purely about one daily not the entire ROUGE class. Is it fair that the fact that someone with 175k to 200k hp can be killed in one hit? Doesn't really seem fair that rogues have the highest damage (daily) that ignores tenacity, defense and deflection. Maybe its fair for everyone with a dodge.. but for people without dodges how does this make sense?

Now here is some ways I think we could POTENTIALLY FIX it:
------------------------------------------------------
1. Make Shocking execution damage get nullified like 40% by max tenacity. Which is the point of pvp armor right?

2. Make Shocking execution have to target an enemy which it already does.. but make it only hit the person it "targets" and while jumping only hit the target in a cone so if the enemy runs away like 10 - 15 feet in that time he would miss.. there have been times when I heard it coming... ran away like 30 to 50 feet and still got dunked.

3. Make Shocking execution a FINISHING MOVE like anvil is supposed to be.

Please let me know what you guys think.. and please devs or mods if you can get this distributed among you guys I would really appreciate it. This game is bleeding people in the pvp community and I think this would go a LONG ways to fix it.

Thank you very much from a fellow xbox player,
-Trent the Barbarian / BAM BAM (I play a GWF)
Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.

Comments

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

I do not understand why it exists. My suggestions are to remove Piercing damage from it and make Shocking Execution into a large AoE of lightning that scales damage with the HP of enemies in the AoE. That way it only acts as a finisher.

I personally believe just to make tenacity effect the damage of the dunk. (if that means getting rid of piercing damage then okay). Also rogues aren't superman or batman with a grappling hook. If you run a certain distance while they are jumping they should come up short and just miss. Ive looked back a few times and seen it clearly miss me at least 20 feet back and still get me. You dont have a jetpack rouges now come on.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    SE seems to be the ONLY attack that a TR, or any class for that matter, has... that ignores all Def, Deflect and DR. When my Deflect is bouncing Smokebomb, Cloud of Steel and Duelists Flurry... this kills me. My stacked Deflect is close to 80%... without using the broken ITC.
    I refuse to play as a MI Sab for these exact reasons... the powers and feats are broken AF. A TR stacking Recovery and the DC Sigil... can pop off a SE every 5 to 7 seconds...not to mention... spam the use of ITC. The ONLY 1000% immune to all damage power.
    While you are fixing all things broken...

I know I will get hate for all of the MISabs who are built this way, but if I am not pissing someone off with my honesty... what good is being honest. I have even asked the players who choose to play an MI Sab... for SE and ITC... what would happen if they nerfed SE and removed ITC?

All of them said they would start playing another character... another class. I know of ONE MI Sab... who refuses to touch SE.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    The piercing damage from SE needs to dissapear, as a TR i agree. Not fun the 150k first strike SE.
    But man...TR's at-will and encounter powers damage suckks (in pvp) even if you stack power/armp.

The nerf on SE has to be compensated with damage buffs on those powers, and i promise to you, you will regret to see a TR with 50k-80k dazing strikes, SB, SS, LB or whatever.

SE is the only single target useful daily in damage (CB slow effect is awesome, but deals lame damage, BB doesnt count if there are 2 or more ppl), for that matter after the nerf/rework, it still needs to provide a devastating effect so yes it has to be a good finisher.

the explanation behind the high output SE currently has is because encounter/at will damage is low and is not burst (in pvp).

the fact that you call "ROUGES" to the TRs means you havent played one, and again, i swear to you, you will regret to ask for that daily nerfed if that implies a damage buff in other powers. Remember that in mod1/mod4 LB could 1 shot, that could happen again.
    you dont want this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6nLETM70AI

also, take away the first strike effect(on dailies) and the high AP gain from recovery: problem solved, the lame 40k-50k damage SE has, can stay.
  • ionvnegativoionvnegativo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 119 Arc User

Ive looked back a few times and seen it clearly miss me at least 20 feet back and still get me. You dont have a jetpack rouges now come on.

SE has a 30' range, you should run faster lol.

• trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User

Ive looked back a few times and seen it clearly miss me at least 20 feet back and still get me. You dont have a jetpack rouges now come on.

SE has a 30' range, you should run faster lol.

Needs a significantly smaller area of effect so you actually have to work with your group and use teamwork to guarantee a dunk.

Yes I played a rogue in mod 5. Was super op even if you were bad. I remember 2 hitting max geared people with 2 impact shots. There is a balance somewhere they just need to try harder. No reason rogues should tickle with non dailies but 1 hit everything with Shocking.

How could someone change direction like fly forwards, backwards or sideways while jumping? And for that fact roll out of it to cancel it. You aren't an alien with a jetpack or batman as I said before.

Like I said before just make the overall damage get effected by tenacity. Would be extremely more fair if shocking would hit me for like 45% less lol.

And if they are supposed to be the hardest burst damage class... why do they have 75% deflection severity before using potions? Doesn't seem like they thought too hard when they came up with this class balance if you ask me.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Like I said before just make the overall damage get effected by tenacity. Would be extremely more fair if shocking would hit me for like 45% less lol.

And if they are supposed to be the hardest burst damage class... why do they have 75% deflection severity before using potions? Doesn't seem like they thought too hard when they came up with this class balance if you ask me.

there's nothing wrong with SE piercing damage,
    problem is: it cannot be deflected;

and instant AP refill seems to be a little op.

as for deflection severity - they should move extra 25% to heroic feats (like GWF critical severity).
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • sabre10sabre10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

SE seems to be the ONLY attack that a TR, or any class for that matter, has... that ignores all Def, Deflect and DR. When my Deflect is bouncing Smokebomb, Cloud of Steel and Duelists Flurry... this kills me. My stacked Deflect is close to 80%... without using the broken ITC.
    I refuse to play as a MI Sab for these exact reasons... the powers and feats are broken AF. A TR stacking Recovery and the DC Sigil... can pop off a SE every 5 to 7 seconds...not to mention... spam the use of ITC. The ONLY 1000% immune to all damage power.

I know I will get hate for all of the MISabs who are built this way, but if I am not pissing someone off with my honesty... what good is being honest. I have even asked the players who choose to play an MI Sab... for SE and ITC... what would happen if they nerfed SE and removed ITC?

All of them said they would start playing another character... another class. I know of ONE MI Sab... who refuses to touch SE.

SE remains a contentious power and rightfully so. However, it should be noted that whilst it is utilized by MI sabs it's also liberally used by MI ex's aswell. Imo it's as much the synergy between the power, the class features and the feats that is the issue.
    With the review of classes that appears underway I'm hopeful that the dev team will take a long and hard look at the class to eliminate abusive combinations such as this whilst maintaining effectiveness in the right situations.
    To answer the OPs question, I don't see any logic in it's current formulation given the synergies that are available which enhance the power as they do.
    My only hope is that when this power is reviewed as it no doubt will be in due course, that power isn't nerfed to the point of no return without consideration of the bigger picture.
    aDXr4Ur.png
    Civil Anarchy Officer
    Fabled Alliance
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    drkbodhi said:

I agree with my Friend!

I have always said and will say it again, Sabo in it's current form promotes only skill-less play. I have some RL friends, who started this game with me, during the years most left, but now it's summer time and their kids, 10+ age jumped on the wagon and guess what was their first question. Matt, which is the invisible class to play? Yes, even kids know that Sabo is so broken, they can get a huge advantage and free kills, with zero deaths besides their names and tell their buddies on the yard, how good they are. Good, makes me laugh in an ironic way. Every Sabo, who currently thinks he is good, lives in a dreamworld. Get me Klitschko and my 96 year old grandpa, who gets perma invisibility and the ability to perma 1 shot. Guess who will win? Nonsense, utterly nonsense.

I take screenshots regularly from PVP Sabos and all are broken, the entire feet tree is broken. Which other class can neglect all stats except power? None. I have played tons of matches against such Sabo TRs and many didn't even have 600 (!) arm pen. Big LOL. Deflect? Also many don't use it, cause they are mostly unseen and have the ITC clutch at hand, if needed. Other stats, why? LOL

Can anybody with a bit of common sense take a Sabo serious and say he is good or skilled or even competitive? I think we all know the answer, if we see in the mirror.

My proposal would be, to either go back to make the Sabos have only toothpick damage or take what @kweassa said, namely remove Shadowy Opportunity and rework or delete SE or simply throw out the current concept of Sabo and rebuild it from scratch.

Yet again i will repeat myself, i have never seen so many people avoid or rage quit NW or PVP, cause of Sabos, it is simply unfair and misses everything, what sportsmanship would mean. (Even the broken matchmaking comes only second!)

Sportsmanship, omg what am i even talking about, most Sabo players polish their egos simply by posting the poor victim's messages under their characters biography tab. So much about competitive PVP and DnD. *Shakes head*

The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• sirrapprosirrappro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    Meh I see no problem with shocking exe with insignias most people can our heal trs, the problem is first strike that's allowing these 150k+ shocking exe
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Glad to see the nerf gwf campaign did not derail the nerf TR campaign.

What needs nerfed? SE is the only issue here.

Simply change it's mechanics in pvp. Deal bonus damage as HP diminish, not deal full flat damage on someone on full HP. No one is going to use it for pve anyways.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    have you ever died from a tr using something different from shocking execution?
    the problem is not the effect....but the cause of it...
    its easy to say "i always die shocking"....dude there is nothing else in TR arsenal to kill
    i agree with morenthar, you dont want things to be cheese lets decide a threshold of normally accepted damage and bring everyone there. if lashing blade (20 seconds encounter) was allowed to hit 70k+ instead of 5k maybe i would be using it.
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2016

I think ITC is fine as is. Also, if they would give SW and GWF a proper dodge, SE could stay as is. It should take work to one-shot people, not just a cheap shot from behind. Let us run away like cowards at least.lol

i would prefer to deal damage old style. With my encounters and at will.
    or in case of a scoundrel to daze and slow things to death, slowly but still. Instead scoundrel final feats are a nerf to the class itself.. i could argue why nothing will change hence i will avoid a wall threat.

As for ITC a flat % buff to your current deflect and a flat % to damage (like ITF but only for you) would be more fitting.
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Do any of you dare tell me you're not shocked when you get hit for 180k+ in dom?

It seems the skill is appropriately named and working as intended.
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • zerogravityv0zerogravityv0 Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    The problem on xbox is every rogue uses the smoke bomb first strike glitch. They still get the first strike buff after using smoke bomb on you
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    Actually is kinda sad, TR is all about SE.
    they don't have combat or playstyle just press a button and that's it,

compared to GF with many Encounters dealing high damage are for TR just that daily,
    whitout SE are TR just regular support class-

they should reduce some of SE Piercing-dmg and increase the dps on some encounter powers,

TR is like a drug junkie dependent from SE-
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    I don't know if i'm super good tr player (i'm really not), but i manage to get lot more kills and fewer deaths with my wk tr than my sw. Sw has a benefit of lot more item level too.
  • landoras1975landoras1975 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    I think I played at least one of each class impossible to one-shot using SE. There is always a way, you just have to find it.