test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Hunter Ranger changes

Comments

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    edited July 2016

amenar said:

• Hunter Ranger: Longstrider Shot: Buff no longer stacks if rapidly reapplied.

WHY? it's a 4 second diminishing buff, and you can only get 2 stacks for 1 second, and it takes proper timing, was this not working as intended? THIS IS DISAPPOINTING.
    It's only the speed increase that diminishes Duru. The 40% damage buff stays at 40% for the duration.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2016

That's what we really needed, i hope this is not the last change for pvp hr's.
    Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

amenar said:

Hunter Ranger: Commanding Shot: Damage increased ~300%.
    Hunter Ranger: Commanding Shot: Recharge time reduced to 15s, down from 18s.
    @amenar: I am still mystified as to why you are buffing this power to the extent that you are. The only time I see this working better than Thorn Ward is against a pack of mobs where you want to focus down one enemy in particular. Thorn Ward wins out in every other instance.
    It's indeed a huge buff, tbh i would rather more versatility than damage, the cast time it's really long and can be easly interrupted,

• amenaramenar Member, NW_CrypticDev Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited July 2016

Nice. But what's the update on Swiftness of the Fox?

Good question! Here is the current patch note for some upcoming changes for it:
    • Hunter Ranger: Feat: Swiftness of the Fox: Now triggers from more powers. Ranged Encounter and At-Will powers reduce the cooldown of your Melee Encounter powers, and vice versa. Daily powers reduce the cooldown of all of your Encounter powers.
    And for clarification, here is the updated tooltip:

Your Melee Encounter & At-Will powers shorten the cooldown of your Ranged Encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
    Your Ranged Encounter & At-Will powers shorten the cooldown of your Melee Encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
    Your Daily powers shorten the cooldown of all your Encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.

What this has done in practice - alongside the other changes to recharge times, Swiftness of the Fox no longer multi-proccing on group fights, etc. - is that every couple of rotations, where I get "messed up" and don't have my CDs lined up properly, is I use a Daily or AW once or twice and all of the appropriate Encounters are off CD. The Daily change, in particular, feels nice because if I swap into melee stance and go "HAMSTER, they all have 2s left" I can cast a Daily without the need to swap back to ranged stance. It's also nice that I feel like whenever my rotation gets messed up, casting a Daily or AW feels like it is contributing toward my goal of "cast Encounters all day long" instead of just filling time.

I look forward to getting this into the hands of our dedicated HRs and seeing how this works out for you guys.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    ^ Sounds awesome
  • landelmerlandelmer Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    delete-question answered
  • genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    amenar said:

Nice. But what's the update on Swiftness of the Fox?

Good question! Here is the current patch note for some upcoming changes for it:
    • Hunter Ranger: Feat: Swiftness of the Fox: Now triggers from more powers. Ranged Encounter and At-Will powers reduce the cooldown of your Melee Encounter powers, and vice versa. Daily powers reduce the cooldown of all of your Encounter powers.
    And for clarification, here is the updated tooltip:

Your Melee Encounter & At-Will powers shorten the cooldown of your Ranged Encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
    Your Ranged Encounter & At-Will powers shorten the cooldown of your Melee Encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.
    Your Daily powers shorten the cooldown of all your Encounter powers by 3/6/9/12/15%.

What this has done in practice - alongside the other changes to recharge times, Swiftness of the Fox no longer multi-proccing on group fights, etc. - is that every couple of rotations, where I get "messed up" and don't have my CDs lined up properly, is I use a Daily or AW once or twice and all of the appropriate Encounters are off CD. The Daily change, in particular, feels nice because if I swap into melee stance and go "****, they all have 2s left" I can cast a Daily without the need to swap back to ranged stance. It's also nice that I feel like whenever my rotation gets messed up, casting a Daily or AW feels like it is contributing toward my goal of "cast Encounters all day long" instead of just filling time.

I look forward to getting this into the hands of our dedicated HRs and seeing how this works out for you guys.
    this is by far the most helpful change for the hr, thank you got my thumbs up. lets continue this pace guys and @amenar: is it possible to have oak skin show on its tooltip just how much defense we are gaining. would also like to know if the defense has changed in the preview servers.
  • ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @amenar

I think you need to disable at wills and dailies reducing cooldowns for pvp at least, and also by doing this you're putting combat and archery ages away from trapper again.

By doing this you're introducing the permadaze meta back into pvp again especially with the fixes to dazes and roots.

Additionally, if you're going ahead with this, please consider toning down the damage of Thorned Roots or you'll have too much imbalance between paths again. Buff the base damage of the hr class so the trapper tree doesn't see any net changes, but swiftness of the fox and thorned roots will set the path well and above archery and combat unless you give them a 100-200% damage bonus.
  • jokeey#0578 jokeey Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    ^^^ you ever happy with anything??
  • zonoske#5272 zonoske Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I'm eager to see how the current changes to Swiftness of the Fox go.
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    @jokeey#0578 it's hard to argue with @ralexinor when he is correct.
  • jokeey#0578 jokeey Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yeah sorry I thought he put pve for some reason dunno why.. Yeah pvp yeah I understand that I don't play pvp anyway waste of time... I'll shut up now lol
  • krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    ralexinor said:

@amenar

I think you need to disable at wills and dailies reducing cooldowns for pvp at least, and also by doing this you're putting combat and archery ages away from trapper again.

By doing this you're introducing the permadaze meta back into pvp again especially with the fixes to dazes and roots.

Additionally, if you're going ahead with this, please consider toning down the damage of Thorned Roots or you'll have too much imbalance between paths again. Buff the base damage of the hr class so the trapper tree doesn't see any net changes, but swiftness of the fox and thorned roots will set the path well and above archery and combat unless you give them a 100-200% damage bonus.

+1 At-Wills not having CD by themself will imbalance SotF mechanic again, while the Daily contribution alone (is enough) and is a pretty good idea.
    GRAVITY X GAME
    krondhor said:

ralexinor said:

@amenar

+1 At-Wills not having CD by themself will imbalance SotF mechanic again, while the Daily contribution alone (is enough) and is a pretty good idea.
    i can agree but i don't pvp at all and the only dailies i use is forest ghost and cold steel hurricane.
    Let's not forget HR's damage isnt all that great in PVP.

Infact our damage has to get boosted, while we don´t need a perma daze comeback.
    GRAVITY X GAME
    Maybe it will be easy chaining At-Wills, encounters, dailies together or maybe not. Just have to test and see.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Well, I supposed it doesn't sound too bad. It would limit trappers to using only fast at-wills only if they want to maintain their rotation quickly.

true
    archers need more big damage
    combat needs more burst damage
    trappers are ok but need better control though the changes they did to trapper might help so waiting to see what the testing are doing
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    @amenar so are there just not going to be any meaningful changes to Archery and Combat feats?

There is a whole lot of trapper in your recent notes and barely any Combat/Archery from what I can see.
  • hypergorila2hypergorila2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Swiftness of the fox changes look good :smiley: But I fear it won't be enough.
    It will increase the micro managment though, but it might result in trappers using serpent more efficiently.
    Also, can we have a Disruptive Shot recharge time reduction with that? o:)
    Post edited by hypergorila2 on

trappers are ok but need better control though the changes they did to trapper might help so waiting to see what the testing are doing

Archers need more damage yes
    Combat need more damage plus the capstone feat need a complete rework, as elsewhere it will never become usable if based on At-Wills
    Trappers after this last change (if it stays so), is again the winning tree, no matter what will be added to the other two trees above.
    GRAVITY X GAME

Also, can we have a Disruptive Shot recharge time reduction with that? o:)

Disruptive Shot is the only Daily that doesn´t require a cooldown reduction (and if ever anything above 1s is a robbery), but rather like all Dailies it requires a damage boost.
    GRAVITY X GAME
    krondhor said:

Combat need more damage plus the capstone feat need a complete rework, as elsewhere it will never become usable if based on At-Wills
    Trappers after this last change (if it stays so), is again the winning tree, no matter what will be added to the other two trees above.
    It can work if at-wills for combat get buffed even further. Not at where they're at though.
    ghoulz66 said:

krondhor said:

It can work if at-wills for combat get buffed even further. Not at where they're at though.
    Do you realize that to become just decent It would need a 500% buff at minimum if based on At-Wills? This is nowhere to happens, is rather simpler rewrite the capstone feat to something smarter and efficent.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User

amenar said:

WHY? it's a 4 second diminishing buff, and you can only get 2 stacks for 1 second, and it takes proper timing, was this not working as intended? THIS IS DISAPPOINTING.

• durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

amenar said:

It's only the speed increase that diminishes Duru. The 40% damage buff stays at 40% for the duration.
    Still doesn't answer my question. Why change a perfectly working encounter that HRs use just because it was mentioned as a "bug" in someone's point of view? I was fine for the swiftness fix, but this one just made my blood boil. TAE move. google that.
    krondhor said:

ghoulz66 said:

krondhor said:

Do you realize that to become just decent It would need a 500% buff at minimum if based on At-Wills? This is nowhere to happens, is rather simpler rewrite the capstone feat to something smarter and efficent.
    I meant buffing the at-wills themselves, not the capstone.
    ghoulz66 said:

krondhor said:

ghoulz66 said:

krondhor said:

I meant buffing the at-wills themselves, not the capstone.
    Even if the At-wills would get buffed by 50-70% (which is what they realisticaly need), the capstone feat where Combat tree relays would stay weak and nowhere able to compete with what Trapper capstone provide or even the Archery one (despite that one is weak as well).
    GRAVITY X GAME

The goal should not be to make Trapper the least attractive option of the 3 trees. That will just make the class totally broken and not worth playing. The other trees need drastic feat changes and capstone changes. This can happen over time, but do not break the tree that works....

The goal always was to bring all 3 trees on pair to allow a real diversification to playstyle for everyone, nobody ever want to make Trapper the least attractive option, it´s a shame that not everyone is able to see this.
    GRAVITY X GAME
This discussion has been closed.