test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sax's MOD 9 DO Buff/Debuff (AKA DPS Cleric)

2»

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    Also power based builds are cheaper than crit based builds
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Woah just noticed they merged the PC and Console class forums that's pretty cool.

Yeah I've been running this build since mod 5 I also was topping paingivers back then and indirectly healing with the old overpowered lifesteal stat :(. Good times.

It is different from the power sharing and more expensive if you're trying to be BIS. Also, I guess in the future WoL won't share power gained from bondings soon which doesn't really affect me so much.

Basically yeah, I try to get my crit high and spam chains. Chains is great for Plaguefire or Dread to be honest and easily puts on multiple stacks of PF/HP set. Which the DoTs from the weapon enchants proc Bear Your Sins I'm positive as well. Not to mention divinity chains contributes to AP Gain

Not topping Paingiver but other DPS classes do notice I deal a considerable amount of damage more so than your average Cleric and on top of that help them melt as well. It's a win/win just make sure to let everyone know you do minimal healing
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • humanplushumanplus Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    What rotation should I be using when solo and in groups?
  • omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    what about using vorp or perhaps the holy avenger wepon chant, seems like a nice fit if you are rocking the crits, your expertise would be appreciated, thanks in advance.
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • ijonumijonum Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    LOL. Coming back after a long break (M6!) I was about to salvage my High Prophet today. Thanks for this thread then :}
    edited September 2016
    cling tenaciously to your High Prophet, and welcome back to Neverwinter :)
    Thanks. Have to gotta spend a lot AD on high ranked radiants for defensive slots I suppose... or try to hoard stamina and dodge a lot. AND respec - I was running a Faithful clutch healer then, which still works ok with my group (we have a very good tank), but I see the meta changed a bit since the old times ;)
    our beloved Clerics are so amazing, the most versatile and exciting class, I know with such dedicated community we will continue to "give um something to talk about !" We are evolution defined :D
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    I looked at both Paragon path and I went with Anointed Champion.

The main reason I did this is for Blessed of Battle group buff. It buffs yourself and your group power. When you have more power you do more damage and better healing. What is there not to like about this buff.

I tried both out but after much experimentation I just believe that the Anointed Champion paragon path is a better overall DC for buffing, debuffing and healing.

If you are focused more on damage, than the DO path is your calling, but you will miss out on really buffing up the group damage with BoB.

My base power is at 13K right now and when I use BoB it can hit easily around 15K and with my companion I get around 20K power.
    Well, tried out the HP on LoL yesterday, we needed three tries to kill the beast - I was way too squishy with those 40k maxHP and even the falling rocks were deadly ;) Gotta finish those boons that give maxHP first.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    then you need a better tank. either op for damage mitigation of gf running kv. Did you take a healer?
    The tank is good, but can't help me when I'm hit with a falling rock in a middle of some cast animation, left on 10% health AND thrown into lava simultaneously :) I switched to blue alliance set for the next run and we burned thru the dragon without any problems. Running High Prophet needs some preparations, when one has about two years of content to catch up with ;)
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    ijonum said:

The tank is good, but can't help me when I'm hit with a falling rock in a middle of some cast animation, left on 10% health AND thrown into lava simultaneously :) I switched to blue alliance set for the next run and we burned thru the dragon without any problems. Running High Prophet needs some preparations, when one has about two years of content to catch up with ;)

Same thing happened to me in ELOL. The thing was though, no red AoE showed up until after I was hit and no damage when I did stand in the read when it did show up until it left. The game that day was damaging me before the attack show up and not afterward. You know when the lava starts to show up. I ran towards the center nothing next to me and I died for no reason, not in the lava, not rocks from above, nothing. Than out of the blue game lagg and it threw me in the lava. WTF.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    This thread (and build) needs a bit of an update. The reason is that the HP set is no longer viable. I used to run with a very similar build - just a few minor differences (but also used the HP set and the bard). However, when I was forced to give up the HP set, a few things changed. Switching to an armor set with more HPs meant I was less squishy, so I could switch out some boons that had previously given me extra HP for example.

Righteous DO DCs are not in high demand right now - everyone seems to want a AC DC able to spam AA for Svardborg - something I'm not going to do.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I don't think Sax is playing atm, he likes to take extended breaks every now and then :p
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox