test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Newbie here, where can i find builds?

i have played little of Guild War 2 and I wanted to play some MMORPG on PS4 so I started this game...
I am lv 45 and kinda still finguring out the whole thing. I choose Great weapon fighter and it is kinda okayish for me :( I can tank a bit and do some dmg here and there.
So... if you heard of gw2 there is a guide/build websote where evreyone goes to metabattle.com

In NW... where can I find decend level 1-70 build..??
And... GWF any good at the end game? All i hear is Control wizars is awesome... :dizzy:

Comments

• tachiharatachihara Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Mmominds.com is a good place to start looking at class build guides. Note we are in mod 9 now guides before that may not be relevant.
  • zolyo#4901 zolyo Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    null
    I checked them out now... but for GWF newest is Oct 2015... is this still relevent?
  • demigodgamer#7121 demigodgamer Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    I know it's not recommended, but I plan on doing my own build. So I can learn the in's and out's of the game.

> @zolyo#4901 said:
    > i have played little of Guild War 2 and I wanted to play some MMORPG on PS4 so I started this game...
    > I am lv 45 and kinda still finguring out the whole thing. I choose Great weapon fighter and it is kinda okayish for me :( I can tank a bit and do some dmg here and there.
    > So... if you heard of gw2 there is a guide/build websote where evreyone goes to metabattle.com
    >
    > In NW... where can I find decend level 1-70 build..??
    > And... GWF any good at the end game? All i hear is Control wizars is awesome... :dizzy:

So you chose a GWF, was that your first choice to roll/create? I was originally going to go w/ a SW but then I figured I was brand new to NW I would go simple:P Maybe create one for my next character lol! I looked at the SW and I actually got a headache from all that info 0_o but when i looked back at the GWF something? Just clicked. I am already formulating a build:) in my head. I know tanks or fighters usually don't have a lot "flash" to them but at the same time I plan on going solo at first. So in DCUO I usually play a tank role. It can be challenging in playing a tank too. I know it means a lot of fighting and combat and argo as well. But I hear in NW combat has some "weight" to it. We'll see......

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

I know it's not recommended, but I plan on doing my own build. So I can learn the in's and out's of the game.

That is my goal as well. I heard that on XBox and PC that many players abonded the DC as they tend only to heal and many players want to be the ever chasing DPS class. Kinda funny as Clerics have always been the main healing class in D&D and you should know that if you ever played D&D before.

I'm planning on having a HoT healing DC with the ability to provide HoT when my Encounter abilities do damage along with providing some buffs. Still working out the buffs and how to get them into my build, but so far my build has kept me alive in all content and only 2x have I been beaten in healing out. 1x by a pally and the other by a DC because I swapped an Encounter ability to do damage as they wanted to heal.
    > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    > I know it's not recommended, but I plan on doing my own build. So I can learn the in's and out's of the game.
    >
    > That is my goal as well. I heard that on XBox and PC that many players abonded the DC as they tend only to heal and many players want to be the ever chasing DPS class. Kinda funny as Clerics have always been the main healing class in D&D and you should know that if you ever played D&D before.
    >
    > I'm planning on having a HoT healing DC with the ability to provide HoT when my Encounter abilities do damage along with providing some buffs. Still working out the buffs and how to get them into my build, but so far my build has kept me alive in all content and only 2x have I been beaten in healing out. 1x by a pally and the other by a DC because I swapped an Encounter ability to do damage as they wanted to heal.

Sounds like you got a solid build;) So some of these skills,abilities etc... seem like no brainers OK? So are you doing PVE or PVP or both? Do I want to focus on one skill tree? Or pick from several. stacked abilities seem like a good idea right?

Plus like any MMO, i'll bet it eventually comes down to gear and no real skill? I am looking over the destroyer feats and they look all useful. I know i can re-spec, IF I have too. But I'd rather not. When I use to play DCUO I would usually stick with one skill,power tree and it usually worked lol! It may make my GWF a one trick pony but also after playing ESO that was my strategy as well. max out a particular skill,talent tree.

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Sounds like you got a solid build;) So some of these skills,abilities etc... seem like no brainers OK? So are you doing PVE or PVP or both? Do I want to focus on one skill tree? Or pick from several. stacked abilities seem like a good idea right?

Having played NWN2 and Dagger Fall or was it Dale on XBox 360 the ability usage is similar and I had a general idea on how to create my build. NWN2 was using 3.5 and the later game used 4.0 rules as does Neverwinter. I wish they move up to 5.0 but I will take what they offer.

Having played games using similar systems I had an idea on how to build my character. When I played D&D I always played as a Pally, Cleric, or Ranger. My favorite 3 classes and have been since AD&D 2nd edition.

I actually have 2 respect tokens I will use if my build does not work out, they came in one of the bundles I purchases. I also used my race respect token already as I messed up my stats and my character was already level 35 and I simply did not want to restart from the start so I used the respect token. It gave me a nice stat boost to my character and improved his healing and damage out.

I recommend reading how stats impact each class and finding a race that you will enjoy playing.

> > @mebengalsfan#9264 said:
    >
    >
    > Sounds like you got a solid build;) So some of these skills,abilities etc... seem like no brainers OK? So are you doing PVE or PVP or both? Do I want to focus on one skill tree? Or pick from several. stacked abilities seem like a good idea right?
    >
    > Having played NWN2 and Dagger Fall or was it Dale on XBox 360 the ability usage is similar and I had a general idea on how to create my build. NWN2 was using 3.5 and the later game used 4.0 rules as does Neverwinter. I wish they move up to 5.0 but I will take what they offer.
    >
    > Having played games using similar systems I had an idea on how to build my character. When I played D&D I always played as a Pally, Cleric, or Ranger. My favorite 3 classes and have been since AD&D 2nd edition.
    >
    > I actually have 2 respect tokens I will use if my build does not work out, they came in one of the bundles I purchases. I also used my race respect token already as I messed up my stats and my character was already level 35 and I simply did not want to restart from the start so I used the respect token. It gave me a nice stat boost to my character and improved his healing and damage out.
    >
    > I recommend reading how stats impact each class and finding a race that you will enjoy playing.

Played those on xbox360 as well:P basically that's what I was planning on doing. Thanks for your advice:) P.S. I use to play pen and paper DnD including the very 1st edition of dnd with the dice and everything. and knowing MMO's it will come down to gear in the end.

The only reason I would personally use a guide at least for my first character is respec tokens are 300 Zen each. I tried doing my own build with my GF and now I have to respec her. Probably use the token I get from the first time buyers pack to do it. I spent the whole day after work before the head start been mapping out her training but it didn't pan out so, be careful out there guys.
    As for me I am using several builds , but the fumy thing is. I would have picked the same exact stuff:P

> @demigodgamer#7121 said:
    > As for me I am using several builds , but the fumy thing is. I would have picked the same exact stuff:P

But eventually , I will test it in PVP so I will know? One way or another. It's suppose to be a PVE/PvP build? So, we'll see:P

• hiperion16hiperion16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    Best bet is to check the PC forum for builds,the game mechanics are the same for PC/XBOX/PS4 so what works on 1 will work on all.
  • thaolinhirelthaolinhirel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I'd recommend mmominds.com but Id also add that youtube, forums, and twitch are great places to get a base or idea. Character should be tweaked as you go to lend itself to your personal play style while adhering to the characters role you chose as well... this typically goes with out say in an MMO game but I said it anyway o:)
    I just realized that these builds match up to the console versions of the game? These are based on the PC version. It looks like that the console version got streamlined?

Builds should be the same. We are playing the same game. Even though their isn't any cross platform. A lot of the current people active in the community are playing on Xbox right now.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    null
    null
    null
    It comes down to what items your toon has + build and perhaps abusing glitches.