test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Encounter Powers

Comments

• revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User
    Rework means useless or broken af. Just tone the dmg down a bit. What wrong with this company? But anyway, just rework every class in the game, might be fun to come back then.
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    The ITF changes are live on Preview now, it's back to what it was 5% dam buff per rank, max damage buff of 20%.

Everything else seems either unchanged or changed so little that it is not noticeable. The ITF change will affect those that invested in DR higher than 80%, otherwise I think it's a nice change.

Tested my main on preview for a little bit (a GF) and everything else seemed pretty much the same.
  • wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User

The ITF changes are live on Preview now, it's back to what it was 5% dam buff per rank, max damage buff of 20%.

Everything else seems either unchanged or changed so little that it is not noticeable. The ITF change will affect those that invested in DR higher than 80%, otherwise I think it's a nice change.

Tested my main on preview for a little bit (a GF) and everything else seemed pretty much the same.

if your saying about pve well yes, but in pvp nah gf is gone
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User

@wachumpong GF stays top dog in PvP.

you wanna say "top troll" with some unkillable build
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    tested with Ryu yesterday on PTR with full tenacity gear/ 200k HP/8.8k defense and still dies in 1-2 hits rotation, one daily from GF takes 80-100% HP.
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    ye they dont do anything with that stupid KC . so bar full of buffs instead interesting skills again
  • xgrandz02xgrandz02 Member Posts: 702 Arc User
    icyphish said:

tested with Ryu yesterday on PTR with full tenacity gear/ 200k HP/8.8k defense and still dies in 1-2 hits rotation, one daily from GF takes 80-100% HP.

GF has stop being a "guard" long ago, the devs should rename it to BF Class (Burst Fighter) strongest burst melee class,

"tolkienbuff- There are exactly two classes on live server right now that can kill at end game. The TR and the GF.."

---

my current view on pvp:

TR/GF - They are the Real-Unstoppables Piercing/Burst machines,
    1 shot/1rotation mostly wins, no matter how well geared is the enemy.

OP/DC - To much outgoing heal,Buffs both are able to make a whole team around them immune to dmg,
    what they do is hold a node and be immortal, which primarily take the fun of a match.

HR/SW - Currently Support-classes perma root, dots, control (both actually have more cc than cw could ever have. )

GWF/CW - The dps of CW has Grown and their shield tankiness was always good also their teleport with immune
    frames while using is bringing CW to the top. GWF as always is all about gear, if you don't have the right gear you're just food for the enemy, do not forget playing a gwf is expensive $$$ But until you reach the point where you got all you need. you can start having fun.
    <::::::[]==0 GwF 0==[]::::::> ● Still waiting for the promised Improvement ●
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    It is good to see the discussions over here go about the same way as xbox...I got beat by a class I don't run so they should be nerfed.
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies

if your saying about pve well yes, but in pvp nah gf is gone
    Yes I was talking about PvE, as for PvP I think we'll manage, KC doesn't look changed as of yet however oPvP is going to be a disaster for me.

GF's don't have a whole lot going for them in PvP, Stamina Drains (just got a nerf not sure how that will affect the state of PvP) remove our primary defense. Reflect builds are next to useless, they build opponent negation stacks fast, don't do enough damage and if a DC drops Astral Seal or an OPH drops Vow of Emnity on you any reflect damage you do will be less than what you heal the enemy.

So, no defense, no option to reflect incoming damage, so if you take away the only damage we can do we have 2 options in PvP stand there and die so we can pad the stats of those on the other team, or get vote kicked for having no meaningful team contribution.

I have my Rank 12 enchants (one missing), Tenacity isn't bad with Elemental Burning, all my arti gear MH/OH is Legendary but with ITF (as it is) KC, VM, Crescendo and Anvil/BC I can't touch BiS GWF/SW's (that know what they are doing, DC's, and OPP's. TR's are a pain because they just stealth when their health get's low, GWF's do their Flash impressions and even with Trans Elven HR perma stunners are still a total pain in the HAMSTER.

I'm never going to be a great PvP'er, I run it for fun and for the extra bells and whistles I can earn, so I will never be able to compete with those with similar gear that have an overwhelming urge to rub their nuts in another guys face. That said, looking at the GF patch notes I don't think things are too bad but until I start playing PvP in Mod 10 I won't know for sure.

It was the same with OPP's and perma bubble, there was a collective meltdown, some did indeed strip their OPP's, respec them to OPH's and a few no doubt deleted them outright but afterwards it turned out they could tank just fine with the new changes.

It is good to see the discussions over here go about the same way as xbox...I got beat by a class I don't run so they should be nerfed.

That's because forums are the real PvP mode :) Beat them here and they will be lambs in the game.

icyphish said:

do you think 8.8k def is snough for 110% resistance ignore? why do we build armor pen anyway?

@wachumpong What's your suggestion to avoid being one-rotated by GFs as GWF?

I am curious to hear your brilliant ideas.

Remove the double jeopardy from KC in PvP and instead Mark and Taunt players in PvP, for the duration of KC it builds Threat the longer it is active, initially forcing PvP players to attack you for a 3 second duration.

@wachumpong What's your suggestion to avoid being one-rotated by GFs as GWF?

I am curious to hear your brilliant ideas.

if he can counter my resistance ignore he won, or build high deflect chance. are you a pug?

Yes, I am a pug, biggest pug GF on the server xD

well you act one, your asking me even a new player can answer >.<

So do you agree on showing me such a GWF build against my GF?

i dont have a gwf really, but already tested this on other class.
    it was already toned down, mostly all usefull skill. every class has its own weakness, like GWF can kill a TR without a problem, like TR can kill a GF easy if he know what hes doing(CB) and GF can kill GWF. not because a GWF cant kill a GF means GF should get more nerf.

Try to fight him without KC youll just waste your time. im using my GF for so long, longer than you man, and trust me your suggestion will kill the class in pvp,
  • revovlerjesus1revovlerjesus1 Member Posts: 481 Arc User

it was already toned down, mostly all usefull skill. every class has its own weakness, like GWF can kill a TR without a problem, like TR can kill a GF easy if he know what hes doing(CB) and GF can kill GWF. not because a GWF cant kill a GF means GF should get more nerf.

Try to fight him without KC youll just waste your time. im using my GF for so long, longer than you man, and trust me your suggestion will kill the class in pvp,

Lmao what??? GF has much burst, and so does TRs, But GWFs are not in a bad state as some ppl claim. But they lose vs GFs..
    maybe you can kill him if you fight 10-20 mins 1v1, he will just regen/ls all your attack damage,

i dont get it why your still crying for more nerf, if you want to nerf KC what do you suggest in return? most usefull pvp skill already nerf, its all about experience..

really theres no point talking about this, changes still going on in preview lets just see what will happen