test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Gillrmn's Foundry Manual

stargod8#5520 stargod8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
I've noticed references to a fan-created Foundry Manual, that has 5 parts (according to the Internet 0 through 4), but the forum link is broken and I can't find a complete version online. Does anyone know if it is still available?
Tagged:

Comments

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • stargod8#5520 stargod8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thanks. This is something any Neverwinter UGC designer should have.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    I should warn you that gillrmn quit before the game launched. Things might not be up to date.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
    They're still quite relevant, especially since the Foundry hasn't been updated that much since he published them.
    header.png
  • stargod8#5520 stargod8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Good to know. I've had a chance to try things out before I started looking for this. It's a shame though that gillrmn ended up quitting. I'm more grateful to have access to these resources now. Thanks, instynctive.

header.png
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Take in mind that there are at least 100+ bugs related to the Foundry... so patience.

The teleporters doesn't work as intended in the foundry editor, when you use them, all objectives are completed and you end the foundry, but once you publish your foundry, it works correctly in the live server.

Did we notify about these bugs? Absolutely, but as always...
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited August 2016

I should warn you that gillrmn quit before the game launched. Things might not be up to date.

Hi! I have not quit. Life came in the way and have been very busy. On extended vacation from the land of neverwinter. Would come back, hopefully after this christmas(after I am even more old). Once I am back I will need to catch up on the changes, so I will need help from you all to get up to date. Then I will make more tutorials and be part of discussions to give back to community. That is the plan. :-)

p.s. And I read forums. Read a lot of negativity around foundry. I would say that path of forge is always hard with refolding the metal a thousand times to make a beginner's dagger. So fight on, and help each other! The community is going great, I see a lot of ideas and lot of new content!
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    gillrmn said:

Hi! I have not quit. Life came in the way and have been very busy. On extended vacation from the land of neverwinter. Would come back, hopefully after this christmas(after I am even more old). Once I am back I will need to catch up on the changes, so I will need help from you all to get up to date. Then I will make more tutorials and be part of discussions to give back to community. That is the plan. :-)

p.s. And I read forums. Read a lot of negativity around foundry. I would say that path of forge is always hard with refolding the metal a thousand times to make a beginner's dagger. So fight on, and help each other! The community is going great, I see a lot of ideas and lot of new content!

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Either way, if someone who put the extra time in to make a guide desires to come back, it'll certainly be welcome. We're thin as is. Most of what I know is based on messing up something first, or watching someone else build it via Twitch or YouTube.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5