test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New projects

guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
Now that the foundry seems to be functioning correctly once again... is anyone working on any cool new projects? I'm curious as to how many authors are still around and actually working on stuff.

Comments

• taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    I am working on building a full out monastery primarily from scratch. I probably will not be doing any large quests or campaigns as for now I have a backlog of 'places' to build for role playing purposes. I have been throughly engrossed lately and I'm loving it!
    NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
    NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I was partway though a story set in Mirabar. The Storm King expansion will probably change the situation pretty dramatically in the north so I am going to wait until I see that story before I finish it. I still have lots of maps to make, Mirabar takes two just for the above ground and below ground parts.

Also I volunteered myself for that Vellosk quest, but I am still looking up information and thinking. Not sure if it am going to take it in the direction of the werewolves or more about the Netherese.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    I prefer not to delve too deeply into the local lore.. I haven't read any of the books and don't know anything about the 'history' of the game setting... so I kind of use make it up as I go along. My current project is sort of a generic city-based adventure. I want it to feel 'open' .. not 'go here.. get that.. kill this..' I would prefer if the player felt like he was actually making some decisions that matter. It's a bit tricky considering the linear methodology required by these tools. I'm making some great progress in this quest and it will soon be playable. I hope there are still people out there that will actually play foundry quests... the ranks do look a bit thin.
  • richarddalamirricharddalamir Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    If you'd care to hear my input, I just recently finished two projects ("Scholar's Heir" & "The Coven of Hotenow") and sent them to be hopefully featured. The long downtime of the Foundry gave me a few ideas, so I'm also forming the plot of a major three-part drow story line which will likely be my biggest project yet. I have a few more ideas, but nothing solid yet.

I know, I probably have a lot more Foundry stuff going in my head than most authors. But hey, why ignore creative ideas?
    I don't know what I'm doing.

A House Divided [NW-DPF5SD98R] (Take sides in the nefarious drow houses to stop a malevolent plot.) /Not the best lore accuracy./
    * Currently working on and off with a new campaign. *
    Well.. that's four of us working on stuff.
  • torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    The third quest in my spelljammer campaign has one map completed.

Haven't been pulled back to complete it by anything yet.. Maybe in a week or two.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I'm knee deep in the Harper Chronicles idea. I've seen a few more folks with the "Author" name in my friends list. It's hard to follow Zone chat when you're going from 2-D to 3-D and back.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'm in the same boat as Ian.. I've gotten the bulk of my "Harper Chronicle" quest completed.. just adding some frills and other little details.. I'll run it a few times for typos and continuity issues, then will upload it.. my guild has already promised me that they'd try to break it.

It's nice to be creating again.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
    My current project began as an experiment using teleports. That was almost two years ago.. since then, it has been developing into a full-fledged city adventure.. or at least the backdrop for some adventure that may take place somewhere within this little section of the city. I have actually wiped the whole slate clean more than once and started fresh. The hardest part for me has been in developing a good story arc for the adventure. I now have a solid outline for the plot.. or most of it.... I am trying to build up optional side missions as to provide an open, less-linear, approach. So far, I think I'm doing fairly well.

I have, in the past, published some of my works that I didn't feel were finished yet. I did this to playtest the teleports and the sounds or music. Also, so that others could proofread my typing. I greatly appreciate the help. Unfortunately, sometimes, members of the general public think it's a finished work...when it's not. I have received a few one and two star ratings to otherwise four and five star foundries. I would like to be able to completely play through my creation BEFORE it's released, but so far that is not possible. So if anyone would like to take a look at my UN-FINISHED project, I would like the extra eyes and I would appreciate any opinions. Just let me know and I'll send you the quest info privately. I'm going to place the end chest in an unreachable location just in case.... for a while.
  • stargod8#5520 stargod8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I'm new to the Foundry, but I'm working on a two-part dungeon delve that is partly based on the Neverwinter lore. I've added a new enemy faction unique to my version of the setting. Btw, guitarzan698, although I own three of the 4E books of the Forgotten Realms/Neverwinter setting, I'm not exactly a genius on the lore, either. In a sense, I feel like I'm making the setting my own. I'm planning a Chambers-inspired campaign around a novel I liked the title of, but whose plot I felt could have been an exciting adventure.

That said, Chambers is still one of my favorite old school fantasy authors. The King in Yellow is a classic and deserves to be. He also wrote some good comedy stories--and it's not easy to get me laughing, trust me!

Lastly, one thing I've discovered as a newbie here is that you can have some fun with this game even when you're designing around its limitations. One of my favorite "faults" of Foundry adventures is that you can't place treasure, only assign a reward chest. But creatures defeated in Foundry adventures still drop loot, and I like making action-adventure settings as a DM. They're my favorite theme to begin with, then add other elements to keep things from becoming repetitive.

I look forward to putting my first episode up live. :)
  • waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm working on my Icespire Harper Chronicle quest. There's no Icespire Adventure Zone map so I had to storyboard again and do more things from scratch than intended. Also updating/polishing one of my first quests. Warming up the chops to refresh myself about the how-to's, because it's been a while. .

I would be more than happy to check out your quest when you're ready.
    Post edited by waryur on
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
    When I publish something that's unfinished, I make sure that it's listed that way in the description.
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    hello? any new features, details in foundry? Seems like last update was with Winter festival details.

no big dragons yet, no new monsters (from elemental evil campaign), no new NPC ((
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

There are more poses, some more hairstyles, but nothing encounter or building asset beyond the Dragon Empire from Mod 4-5.