test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

when is the foundry getting back up?????

Comments

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I'll be checking to see if the button disappears after today's patch.

You know, devs, this is a really lousy way to let players know that it's going away. Seriously.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • gungio#3657 gungio Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hello guys,
    Still no news?

Peace
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I think the overall lack of a response is response enough.

I know that Andy addressed this a few weeks ago, in that he would check with the devs, and he was probably told to drop it.

It's highly discouraging.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I think we all have more stories to tell, that's the most disappointing part.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    eldarth said:

Another nail

It's actually not, since maybe a month ago.

https://web.archive.org/web/20160516222353/http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter (So capture is from May 16, 2016.)

Later snapshots than that give the current page, with the section about "infinite content" removed.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter

Another nail in the coffin. Only nail remaining is some kind of acknowledgement that they have discontinued the Foundry.

Hmm. Wonder if it's still being advertised on the STO site.
    I checked, its not.

Remember way back when, just before launch. When all those STO people came over here warning us about the foundry. And we all laughed and said, "No it will be different here".

Yea, good times.

• snowbjjsnowbjj Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have been working on a campaign for a long time now. If the Foundry becomes permanently disabled then I will have no more reason to spend my time here. It sucks because I have put a lot of heart into it.
  • taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    The 'button' is still there. I'm still holding out hope until it's gone and they actually post 'It'll never return'.
    NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
    NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    taevannya said:

The 'button' is still there. I'm still holding out hope until it's gone and they actually post 'It'll never return'.

Actually removing the button requires a commitment of resources. Doing nothing, and letting catalogue languish unpublished, provides the same effect and requires zero resources.

• melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    We have news from @terramak in the preview patch notes thread that they are still working on the problems with the foundry.
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User

Actually removing the button requires a commitment of resources. Doing nothing, and letting catalogue languish unpublished, provides the same effect and requires zero resources.

Exactly. And with their expertise, the simple act of removing a UI button they would probably create 3-4 bugs in Strongholds.
  • drkrogue#7148 drkrogue Member Posts: 1 New User
    Well this sucks. I literally just got into the game and learned about the Foundry through the mail they send you when you hit 15 and got excited to start making my own campaigns and stuff. Now I learn it's been gone for awhile now, and might not come back?
    You guys really think they won't bring it back?
    It'll come back. It might take a while, a very long while. Folks over on STO had a similar situation a few years ago, or so I've been told. In terms of priorities the Foundry probably ranks the lowest for them to appropriate hours to work on it.
  • waryurwaryur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 167 Arc User
    Saw a flicker of life. Catalog not republished but saw odd glitch not seen before.
    While transitioning on the world map, waiting for map to load, I saw an icon on the map for "Chandler Family Farm".
    I know that's from a foundry quest. Can't recall whose, think kodallegacy, but I know it was. Was a four parter I think.
    Zoned in and reloaded world map, was still there. But then dungeon queue hit before I could click. :(
    And then it was gone.
    Hidden Valley Ranch - NW-DPNGENL6E D&D Adventures Part I
    House of 1000 Corpses - NW-DIEYVLCML D&D Adventures Part II
    Well of Dragons - NW-DTPJEKZCT Third Place Winner CotD Foundry Contest
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 1 - NW-DM8GHAME2 Monty Python!
    It's Just a Flesh Wound Pt. 2 - NW-DFADOS4EX Monty Python!
  • melindenmelinden Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    I think that is the map point from the first quest in the Underdark quest line :(
    Find me in game with @DoctorBadger
    (Un)Academic Field Work Foundry Campaign: NWS-DAPZB2CTZ
  • polaris1986polaris1986 Member Posts: 320 Arc User
    please add epic mobs in Foundry, please :(
    "sometimes the world doesn't need another hero, sometimes what it needs is a monster"

• taevannyataevannya Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    waryur said:

Saw a flicker of life. Catalog not republished but saw odd glitch not seen before.
    While transitioning on the world map, waiting for map to load, I saw an icon on the map for "Chandler Family Farm".
    I know that's from a foundry quest. Can't recall whose, think kodallegacy, but I know it was. Was a four parter I think.
    Zoned in and reloaded world map, was still there. But then dungeon queue hit before I could click. :(
    And then it was gone.

That is for an epic quest line to open up the Underdark/Maze Engine campaigns. It IS done in a Foundry style and is quite enjoyable. It becomes available at level 60 and is given out by Capt Belgar (sp?) who's on a horse by the Driftwood Tavern in the Enclave. I recommend doing the series at 60 and before 70 because it flows much better as an opener to the Maze Engine quest line and keeps the story in better chronological order.

I'm glad to hear that they're still working on the Foundry though. I can wait and for those who are new, I encourage you to keep checking back for updates periodically though chances are possible we will not see it come back till next year. It's the best thing in the game, IMO, and for me at least, worth waiting for. If they haven't killed it in STO, then hopefully they'll get it to work again for Neverwinter in time.
    NW-DS9N7XBWI : Tel'met Beth'en Segreduin
    NW-DRSTZIHXU : The Silver Hand (needs reviews, RP map)
    well bleh. Batting .000 Could've sworn...
    I need to just not.
    Republished 164 thus far...
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    The authoring tool is also temporarily enabled, lets hope nothing bad happens over the weekend and the Foundry quests and authoring tools are back for good! :D
    @samaka#2511
    636 up in best tab. featured, review, new, subscribed have at least 10 each.
  • darkdruid8darkdruid8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15 Arc User
    I am just as surprised as anyone that the foundry is up and working again but I am just glad to see it back. Thank you to the Cryptic team for finally getting it back up and running. Please do not let the foundry go this long without any word like this again. It is one of the only things that sets Neverwinter apart from being just another fantasy action MMO.
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    eldarth said:

If you get tired of the infinite wait for the dead to rise, and happen to have Fallout 4, I've made a mod with a bunch of signs and posters that you can use for decorating your settlements. It's not the same as making a Foundry quest, but since you can't actually make Foundry quests anymore, at least it's something to do....

Yep. 619 hours building my Fallout 4 settlements. What;s the name of your mod -- is that GruffyDDs signs perhaps?
    Hey, sorry I didn't respond earlier. I just now checked back in to see if anything had changed.
    Yes, Gruffydd's Signs and Posters and Gruffydd's Signs of the Times are my two mods.
  • infamousbargleinfamousbargle Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    So the foundry is down again?
    edited August 2016

So the foundry is down again?

It has been down following every single module ever released, so yeah.
    Expect anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months downtime.
    (Although it's a unusual, and probably good sign, that the foundry catalog is online).
  • arwencirearwencire Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    IT is up. drop the subject (this is 17-8-2016) comment)
    edited August 2016
    arwencire said:

IT is up. drop the subject (this is 17-8-2016) comment)

Umm. No, STILL down. 8/17/2016 6:14 PM PST.

• valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    The right tooltip for the foundry button should be:

"It has been down following every single module ever released.
    Expect anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months downtime."
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • inflictoryinflictory Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    hey guys, I put a ticket in for foundry & guess what I got back.. "cryptic & arc do not support the foundry". How they treat it & respect it & all of us who are using it... I would say I believe that
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Yep, that's sad...

But well, unexpectedly the Foundry is up again, in a record time after a mod release.

No new assets though, maybe next year...
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.