test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Domination

chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
So how does the timing of this event work exactly? I am trying to get the conqueror shards to upgrade the barracks but this event hardly ever seems to appear. Is there some sort of schedule for when it appears?

Comments

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    None it's random
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    I see. Is there any tendency for which area, Dwarven Valley or Icewind Pass, is more likely?
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Did icewindpass today, just once.

Stay in one area long enough and you will see it pop open
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • drewhayesdrewhayes Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    chemjeff said:

I see. Is there any tendency for which area, Dwarven Valley or Icewind Pass, is more likely?

You can ask in zone & get an invite to an area where it ongoing

• hiperion16hiperion16 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 89 Arc User
    IIRC BI dom pops every 2 or 4 hours
  • puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    It would be nice if DV and IWP rotated every hour........ Seems people are looking for this event to pop a bit more often over the last month and I have participated in some real fun matches lately.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    people have been asking for a way to reliably know or Q for this for like forever they could not even be bothered to put it on the reoccurring event tab like everything else
  • jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    Since I've begun doing PvP again when I'm queuing for PvP I go to DV and farm black ice, after the match is over and there is a BiD up I do that then resume to Dom or GG again.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    So there is a pattern to it. IWP instances re-spawn 90 mins after the mining of the previous one finishes. For DV it's a 60 minute timer after the mining finishes.

This is tied to the instance, and should the instance shut down, everything resets and you need to wait for BID to re-spawn and recalculate the timers.
  • vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    I would also love it if BID was added to the event timer when you enter the zone. Some predictability so that we could organize some fun matches or just break up the daily grind
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Thank you very much for the updates. Looks like Dwarven Valley is the better location to go to for Black Ice Domination.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    How about completely eliminating the timer and introducing a challenge mechanism to trigger it? Put 5 platforms on either end of the BID area, distinctly fashioned after each of the two factions. When 5 players of each faction occupy the platforms, a horn echoes through all instances, an announcement shows the instance number where BID is up, and the battle can begin...
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

How about completely eliminating the timer and introducing a challenge mechanism to trigger it? Put 5 platforms on either end of the BID area, distinctly fashioned after each of the two factions. When 5 players of each faction occupy the platforms, a horn echoes through all instances, an announcement shows the instance number where BID is up, and the battle can begin...

And need to wait for 10 players? No thanks - we have a Domination queue for that.