test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lliira Stole the Sun

samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
edited July 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
Wandering around Protectors Enclave I felt my colors were all off... then I realised, it is now permanent night in the enclave. I am guessing it is due to the fireworks needing to go off and looking better at night?

Interestingly I looked up Lliira to see if she had any history with forcing it always to be night, the only thing I could find that might be even remotely relevant was she is associated with Sune, whose dominion is the Gates of the Moon... but none of that really relates to the game or this event.

Something interesting though; the Forgotten Realms wiki talks about Lliira totally in the past tense!
@samaka#2511
Post edited by samaka#2511 on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    FR Wiki uses past tense as a stylistic default.

Many events give Protector's Enclave a custom skybox. The nighttime ones are utterly beautiful. You are correct that this event uses a night sky for the fireworks displays. Try to catch the fireworks display at the end of a contest, in an instance where people loaded the platform right up, because that's a lovely piece of artwork in its own right.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the info on the past-tense style of the FR Wiki, I will remember that when I visit the site again in the future! :blush:

Do you know how many fireworks are required for the grand version of the fireworks show? I want to experience the show! :)

EDIT: Found an instance where someone had donated 250 so my partner and I added another 200 to the pool, the other two players added enough to at least break 500, and there were 8 other players in the instance but no way to know their contributions that I know.

That was a fantastic fireworks show, and the end of our show was amazing!

@samaka#2511
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    I'm honestly not sure how many. I don't think there are many versions created and as long as you find an instance where someone will get gold, you should see the full glory.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    If you're physically able to see a fireworks show in person... You should do that instead.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I see that the backdrop (e.g. if you look out towards the Moonstone Mask) looks a lot better this time around: it looks like it's actually nighttime out there. Good work, devs!
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    my local town's event director just reported, over $40,000 dollar value of fireworks just went missing.

must be an inside job.
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

Wandering around Protectors Enclave I felt my colors were all off... then I realised, it is now permanent night in the enclave. I am guessing it is due to the fireworks needing to go off and looking better at night?

Interestingly I looked up Lliira to see if she had any history with forcing it always to be night, the only thing I could find that might be even remotely relevant was she is associated with Sune, whose dominion is the Gates of the Moon... but none of that really relates to the game or this event.

Something interesting though; the Forgotten Realms wiki talks about Lliira totally in the past tense!

It's forced to be night because the game engine doesn't have a day/night cycle and who wants daytime fireworks?
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.