test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Liira's Light up the night

zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
edited June 2016 in Bug Reports (Xbox One)
Scoreboard is broken. It appears that it always awards a copper standing. This has occurred for a first, third and fourth place standing. Third and fourth possible, but unlikely. But for a first place ranking, that is always gold and rewards accordingly.

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    i came in 3rd on one I can confirm copper for that placement as well. I was in 1st the second time I was in the contest and then crashed out and got nothing at all. LOL.
  • satniteeduardosatniteeduardo Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    1st place with 70 fireworks was copper.
  • tycchoice#2111 tycchoice Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I got copper for 1st :/ and not even a coin
  • luigipr31luigipr31 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Yeah the problem I see is that you need a total of 500 Professional fireworks to get to Gold
    200 for Silver. But is total of all the people putting in the firework canon. (Really not sure but that is what the girl in PE says)
    When the contest ends, a fireworks display will illuminate the night sky. Once the firework display goes off, players can receive buffs that increase the number of fireworks gained per drop. The more fireworks are loaded, the more spectacular the display will be.

There will be a threshold of fireworks to donate per contest for various tiers of rewards, so work together to set off as many as you can. in disguise here it is.

Also it doesn't matter who is in 1st place or 6th it depends on how many the instance put in.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    luigipr31 said:

When the contest ends, a fireworks display will illuminate the night sky. Once the firework display goes off, players can receive buffs that increase the number of fireworks gained per drop. The more fireworks are loaded, the more spectacular the display will be.

There will be a threshold of fireworks to donate per contest for various tiers of rewards, so work together to set off as many as you can. in disguise here it is.

Also it doesn't matter who is in 1st place or 6th it depends on how many the instance put in.

It is not the instance, in the one where I was first, there were easily over 200 listed just on the leaderboard (I did 99 and #2 was over 70), so if it was instance based it should have been at least all silver. It appears that the leader board is just for effect and that ranking has no bearing on the rewards. And that for silver or gold it will take 200 and 500 individual deposits respectively. That is insane.
    @zephyriah

you are right.. I got out from one that only one gave 200 and he had silver all the others were copper
  • toeblarone#1119 toeblarone Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I was second place with 94 was copper and first with 97 also had the copper symbol.

EDIT: So we got over the 200 as there was 11 contestants. We should have got silver at least.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

I was second place with 94 was copper and first with 97 also had the copper symbol.

EDIT: So we got over the 200 as there was 11 contestants. We should have got silver at least.

An individual player has to put 200 fireworks in by themselves to qualify for silver bracket. It's not instance wide 200. An individual character must put in 500 fireworks by themselves for gold bracket. This is basically all at once, and not spread out over many if the times during the event.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    kreatyve said:

An individual player has to put 200 fireworks in by themselves to qualify for silver bracket. It's not instance wide 200. An individual character must put in 500 fireworks by themselves for gold bracket. This is basically all at once, and not spread out over many if the times during the event.
    We figured that out, but that is a poor design. It discourages the goal. The goal (according to the vendor) is to make players work together to get to the goal and better rewards, not individual goals/rewards.

A better design would to have reward tiers based on total contributions, then a players rank within that tier based on contributions. That way if 500 (this number could be adjusted up if needed) were contributed, whoever donated the most would get the best of the gold rewards tier and gold ranking and those who donated the least would get a bottom tier gold reward and bronze ranking. If only 200 were donated, the rewards would come from silver tier, but whoever donated the most would still get gold level reward within silver tier and so on.This would follow the pattern used in other events and would make more sense.

Since it contradicts its stated goal, I would still consider it a bug. Either the text or the way it works needs to be changed.

But, it could be seen by others as simply a design flaw.