test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

You know what I find sad about this game?

samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
There are no credits. I have played a few other online games they have credits. Voice over artists, 3D model makers, 2D artwork, etc.. This game seems to have none within it or any listed on the official website. I would not like working for a company that didn't give me credit for my hard efforts. The best I could find for credits on this game is a completely unaffiliated webpage --> Neverwinter Credits <-- but that isn't a complete list.

Well maybe you have to beat a campaign for the credits to roll? I know when I beat the 3rd campaign and kill Abaddon in Guild Wars they have a long run with credits at the end. Other games have buttons in the menus, but I didn't find any. Then again maybe they don't want their name on this project. For example, I am a database manager for a large company, I wouldn't exactly be thrilled to hire anyone who currently works on the networking connections for this game. But the art and some of the models are pretty nice. If they ever add a voice over credit for Sgt. Knox, it will be at least 5 or 6 people long. ;)

How do you think they should give the workers credit?
Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain

Comments

• kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Lol
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    We have this thread too:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/529061/official-neverwinter-voice-cast/p1

And various media sources where a particular dev is given credit for their work on a particular thing in more depth.

On the subject of voiceovers, I can frequently tell which of their established actors has done the voicing for a new NPC. Dave Rivas is the Stronghold Ranger. Some of his lines had just a little too much Chettlebell in the recording; he changed it a bit for lines that were recorded later, so now that NPC's voicing is inconsistent. Lani Minella is the Stronghold Builder, who sounds almost exactly like Dusty Yates.

I had to think for a bit to place Sybella, but she's got a lot of Yina Morradi in her and a little of Grace Rathburn (despite having only one spoken line, afaik). Back-referencing from that, we find Erin Ashe.

Joe Lyford was Knox's original voice, but he left Cryptic and you can tell that recent Knox has been voiced by someone else. Multiple someones? I'm not sure.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    lol
  • myles08807myles08807 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 409 Arc User
    The strangest recent voice-over change? Start a new toon and meet your second NPC, Linkletter for the first time...not only is this, and just this interaction, a new voice, but its text is radically different from the visual script. Considering how many times you potentially speak with Josef over the course of leveling, this is decidedly odd. I'm guessing that the original sound file had to be replaced in a hurry...
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Its not that odd. Knox's voice changes several times, depending on the place or campaign you talk to him. And he is a far more central character.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    The only character voice change that I really didn't like (well, outside of Linu and the Demon Hunter in IWD), is Elminster.

In WoD, he sounds like a cross between Billy Connolly and Sean Connery (very Deckard Cain-ish), but during the Jubilee (at least, last year), he sounded like Bob from Maintenance.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016

The only character voice change that I really didn't like (well, outside of Linu and the Demon Hunter in IWD), is Elminster.

In WoD, he sounds like a cross between Billy Connolly and Sean Connery (very Deckard Cain-ish), but during the Jubilee (at least, last year), he sounded like Bob from Maintenance.

Bob from maintenance must have a lot of parts. Especially in Elemental Evil. Some of that stuff just screams "we don't have money to hire actual voice actors."
    Post edited by urabask on
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    Bob is a versatile dude, for sure.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    wants Jame earl jones or lawrience fishburne to voice for Knox.
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    Sorry to disagree with you kacezet, but have you LOOKED in there? That is a small 3 column listing without any mention of job reference. For all a person who reads this knows, who work at which company. I couldn't tell you if Matt Fraser is a 3D model maker or some HAMSTER who fetched coffee. Voice over people are NOT listed in there at all. They don't give credit for 2D artwork or who did programming or what kind of programming.

Also I now know why I never seen this, I actually have to "Log Out" instead of hitting the EXIT button as I normally do. This is a very odd way to place the "credits" if you can even call them that at all.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
    wylonus said:

Nah, Samuel L Jackson is the MAN!!

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    sameriker said:

wylonus said:

Just the profanity alone would change the game's rating LOL

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • spike#5569 spike Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    What does orcus look like? Does he look like a b!*<#?
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

sameriker said:

wylonus said:

"I have had it with these blanky-blanken Dragons in this blanky-blanken dungeon!"
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    The rest you all wipe? You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the mother$&&<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>%. Go back to the campfire and chill.
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User

sameriker said:

wylonus said:

"What's in your mf-ing runic bag of holding?"
    I aim to misbehave
    edited June 2016
    Yes that is why I like him, he has such a colorful dialog in all his movies and I enjoyed his portrayal of Officer Frank Tenpenny in GTA San Andreas.

"Valindra I can fluff on you from such a height, you'll think God himself took a kitten on you."

Circumventing the profanity filter may end up in your comment edited to something ridiculous.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Sad about a lack of credits? No offense, but since mod6, i give not much credit to this game anymore...
    I'll tell you what's sad ! The constant grind, the price of the items, the massive gap in the game content, the loss of foundry quests... Credits... seriously...
  • checkmatein3checkmatein3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 525 Arc User
    This game has sound? Wow! Oh yeah, I have it turned off.
    LEVIATHAN--19.3k Metallic Dragonborn Guardian Fighter Swordmaster Loadouts

Guild--And the Imaginary Friends

• reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    sameriker said:

wylonus said:

Who let these Mother f*&king dragons in the Mother f*&king Strong Hold! I'm with you Samuel L Jackson for the win!!