test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The "New Class(es)" Feedback Thread!

Comments

• rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Good afternoon all.
    Has anyone heard much about a new Class Druid coming out?
    The Chat gossips I have been hearing is in the next Mod somewhere around the 7th?
    I have not been able to find anything out in the Forums.
    Is there a link to any info someone is willing to Share?
    Please only SERIOUS RESPONCES.
    Thank You in advance for any help
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    Druid, I believe was the highest polled new class choice. There's been no talk of any new classes officially.
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    Last time cryptic was asked about a new class they only responded with it's not a priority at the moment. I would say it's still a long way away from happening.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User

Druid, I believe was the highest polled new class choice. There's been no talk of any new classes officially.

Not true, Devs have actually commented on new classes. And declared no more until they get class balance to a place they are happy with.

So, I suspect this means we wont see any new classes this year. Or at the very soonest, at the end of this year.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Though we'd all love a new class, we need to work on balancing the current ones first.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• rcethatsmercethatsme Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Ya guess thats more inportant ATM , Class balancing
  • reposterzreposterz Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    Any news of balancing changes to Scourge Warlock? I seem to be using only curse bite, Blades of vanquished armies and Dread theft at level 68 going to level 70?
  • oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User

Though we'd all love a new class, we need to work on balancing the current ones first.

Thanks strum!
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    @strumslinger can we get any information, plan, timeline, targets, anything regarding additional class balancing?
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User
    ftryda said:

@strumslinger can we get any information, plan, timeline, targets, anything regarding additional class balancing?

Yes please. The "waiting on fixing class balance" excuse has been the party line since at least mod 8 - well over a year + now. Just how much effort is needed to fix "class balance issues"?

Or maybe the better question is - is anyone at Cryptic even bothering to try and fix it right now?

Or have other things, like, say, PS4 compatibility testing, mod 10 release, and various types of power and class nerfing deemed a higher priority?
  • trichoglossustrichoglossus Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Is that a Druid I saw in the expansion announcement page beside the archer

• sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

Yeah, made me already wondered if the new class will happen with this mod too! :smile:

Whats to wonder? Just read up a bit. NO NEW CLASS. It has been confirmed.
  • revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Have you not done that already?
    I think classes are pretty much balanced now, the problem is guild boons and how big are advantages in big guilds compare to small ones...
    When you see ( as an instance ) a guy with 10k armor pen, at level 60-69 during a pvp match, i'm sorry, but that's not normal, boons shouldn't be that relevant under level 70...
    This drags most people away from doing pvp before hitting 70.
    The same in pve, even an average player, with massive guild boons, in a dungeon, won't struggle going throught it, when players in small guilds, or solo players will find it very difficult.
  • candinho2candinho2 Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    Honestly, bard is not even a class, just place holder, who realy want to bring a bard to party?? Druid in DnD is a joke, both classes are just as usefull as a rock trown on the ocean, same as the warlock, how many SW's you think actualy play the game? less than 5%, the other day someone made an event rewarding gmop to test warlock skills, and only 7 SW's was present.
    We don't need another dead class in game, SW did the job very well!

Sorry for the bad english.
  • geobol14geobol14 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    This game needs Druids!Druids are always an importand class for D&D.I dont see any other class besides druid in the next module
  • justxthextipjustxthextip Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    WOW, 7% for Barbarian. I think back to Diablo 3, and how much fun my Barbarian was. I'd love to RP a Wulfgar.

Bard could be interesting, but I want an awesome great axe wielding warrior who just smashes masses of enemies. I feel like the Monk is too similar to the OP's and Healers we have now.

1. Barbarian 2. Bard 3. Druid is how my list would go.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    hopefully, they plan on druids with a choice to pick one of 3 prestige archtypes.
    shapeshifter druids
    summoner druids
    force of nature druids

all earned after reaching 20th level before selecting prestige archtype.
    1-19 levels are primary skills for healings, buffings, and damages, same weapons with sickles and clubs with wooden shields.

Post-20 levels...

shapeshifter are "beastmode" with buffing the groups and increased damages.

summoners are usaully call the animals for spell durations and resummon when the current creature are killed or expired, also they could unsummon hostile's summoned mobs.

force of nature are drawn from earthly and weather ley lines, with rootings, heavy buffer and de-buffs, they could cast "Wall of Ice", "column of pillar fire", "Thunder God's Bolts", and Ground Zero Quake.

i dont mind waiting when they finish with other class balancings, but they seem taken a little bit too long. some players dont wait too long and decided to leave and never know if they are coming back when we get new class introduced.
  • aumer1aumer1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    I would love to see Sword Mage added to the game. One of my favorite classes from 4th edition. Would also love to see a Bladesinger, either as a class on it's own, or a branch for the Wizard class.
  • mikaleus#7208 mikaleus Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Well if they're using the 5th edition formula and given that each class has two paths to choose from I assume a Druid would have circle of the land and circle of the moon paths available.

Moon should have stronger shape shifting options and Land should have better spell casting.

Watching the little Moonshae Druid throw his flame seeds and little lightning bolts makes me a little jealous haha.

I guess in terms of gameplay as Druid you would have the options of playing like one of the other casters (like a mix of control wizard with root spells and a mix of cleric with buffs like bark skin and heals like good berry) or a melee fighter (a mix of hunter ranger and maybe GWF).

I'd love to shift into a bear and hit opponents with an ensnaring strike.

Until or if a Druid class is released, I'm still happy to play my Hunter Ranger.

On another note, with the current classes available a third paragon path would be pretty awesome.

Keeping with the influence of fifth edition, id love to see an oath of the ancients paragon path for Paladins.
    I'd like to see ensnaring strike, oak skin, and a new power where they transform into an avatar of nature, like some sort of plant-lion-man hybrid for X seconds with X traits.
  • hoperubyhoperuby Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Why not all of those 5?
  • phaadnightsongphaadnightsong Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Man this community REALLY wants a druid class!

Storm King's Thunder is not really well suited for something like that class though and would be better suited to something involving the Feywild, in my opinion. While the Barbarian class would fit quite nicely with the new mod. And, it could even come with a new race as well- Goliath.

I would like to see the Stout Barbarian get his fighting mechanic back from the GWF and have the GWF overhauled to Champion Fighter or something, especially since the special ability of GWF is the Stout Barbarian's Rage ability in every way.

Gruu- "LIGHT BULB." Just rename the GWF class Stout Barbarian and make a New Fighter or Warrior class- possibly even the Warlord class.
  • mikaleus#7208 mikaleus Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Hopefully they work out the balancing class issues they want to- I really want to wake up, load up the game and have news that the Druid is an available class.
    Then I would create my Ffolk, Chauntean Druid for sure :)

I'm that desperate I'd probably even pay for it :blush:

I like the idea of GWF being reworked into a barbarian especially since barbs in 5e have a totemic path available to them.
  • kitsunemaguskitsunemagus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Sadly, if they repurpose/rework GWF to a Barbarian I will either practically DEMAND a Class reroll token option or delete a lv70 and never look at NW again; even if it was the very last MMO attempt for a D&D game. Making such a change and not offering the playerbase an option to change out their characters if they do not like the "new" class dynamic would be a crappy and stupid move. Chances are they would not do such a thing; so that wish, while it would make sense, is a moot one.

And on that subject - Bards actually have plenty of presence in-game as companions; this Year's Protector's Jubilee gave us the Wandering Minstrel, and we ALREADY HAD a major one to base Bard off - Lillend; and anyone that would gainsay that Lillends are a basis for Bards obviously has not researched what they are in the tabletop, which is still a valid and viable place for Cryptic to draw from; as that is where D&D came from. The Neverwinter game does not have "Dungeons & Dragons" on it to appeal to a wider audience - it is there because without D&D attached, you don't get Neverwinter/Faerun/Forgotten Realms. Cut, dry, end of story and argument.

For WHEN a new class comes - though my vote is for Monk, and I have a concept READY for one; I'll be just as happy with Bard, and I have a concept prepped for a Bard as well. Druid would be nice, but I was not a major druid player ... it has some appeal, but it's not as desirable a choice to me.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    okay, when if monk get added, just few basic ideas.

when start playing monk for 1-20 levels before selecting paragon template and later for new tier as "Prestige" archtypes if the devs decide to add newer skills.

Drunken Master, primarily use potions and gain enchanted bonus for 5 minutes duration, unarm combat.

Dojo Master, master of varied unarm combat hands, using crane, tiger, snake and others, use "Chakra" for self-heals.

Monkey Lord, weapon master of dual-hands, Cestus and Katers, and could use Bo stick and split it as battle sticks.

Prestige classes isnt available and they are 3rd tier of elite profession class. it would be nice to see when monks get "Dragon Disciple" archtype, they gain breath weapon, wings, and some natural resistances.
  • kemnimtarkaskemnimtarkas Member Posts: 838 Arc User

...Gruu- "LIGHT BULB." Just rename the GWF class Stout Barbarian and make a New Fighter or Warrior class- possibly even the Warlord class.

I'll go with this. The GWF is very Barbarian like - I think the devs though will struggle to differentiate between a new Warrior class and the GF if it's an SnS char, or Warrior and Barbarian if 2H char.

I'd like to play Monk only because the animations would be different from other classes - no weapons, strictly hand to hand melee.

Bard would be too much like HR, Druid would be too much like SW and/or CW.
  • shinytepigshinytepig Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    please make a druid class maybe have it be named "Eternal Druid"
    Maybe I was born with it or maybe I'm a frozen banana.... bad joke, I think so >:D mwahahaha