test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Mod 10] Lia Knowles' GWF Destroyer DPS for PVE build.

1568101114

Comments

  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    never mind found the list on WIKI didn't like it very much seams the mounts are more geared to having a companion than a augment. But life goes on. :/
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    my personal recommendation is if you have neither a augment nor 3 greater+ bonding stones, then you should get a goat augment and gear that first. Using r8/9 runestones and even buying all loyal avenger gear (ring included) the cost of goat + gear is cheaper than buying any other augment (before considering gearing the augment).

    now, when you have the funds to obtain 3 greater bonding stones, that is when switching over to a bonding pet starts to make sense. the increase in stats from a bonding pet are very significant (more so with the upcoming change to bonding procs). Also with the upcoming change you will be able to find and use a pet that matches the gear you have on your goat/other augment exactly so that you have no other costs for upgrading to a bonding pet except that of the bonding stones (and perhaps upgrading the bonding pet to blue if you find it necessary for some reason). But a green bonding pet will work very well, sometimes upgrading to blue since it unlocks a power-up for one of the companion abilities will be beneficial, if you want a stronger heal or a taunt from your pet for potential example, but for the most part a green companion is going to do you just fine
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    scathias long time no talk. pets are not a issue I got more of them than I can use and can't sell. I got the warlock waiting in the wings at blue grade. all I need is one more greater bonding stone and I can bring her on.
    my question was about mount powers that match well with a augment companion to use until I upgrade my last bonding stone . I did find them on WIKI but there weak when matched up to whats avalible for a bonding companion. Your post how ever is going to make me have to relook at that goat vs my other augment. running around with farm animals realy not my thing but then having a blue streak rotating around my head not my thing ether lol.
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    If you are that close to having 3 bonding runestones then don't bother getting a goat, especially since you have an augment already. That would just be a waste of AD. You might be able to change the graphic of the augment to something less colorful than blue btw.

    About insignia bonuses, yeah none of them work with augments which is too bad really. for _now_ I would say to get gladiator's guile (the Black Stallion mount can give this) and perhaps wanderer's fortune if you have a mount for it already. The new mount from the Siege event can let you get Champion's Return which is not so needed in pve, but can come in handy at times and is lovely lovely for pvp.
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I already have those was just hoping for something better B) As far as that goat goes I already have 3 of them. I think I got them from buying keys put them in the bank and forgot about them lol.
  • balufunkebalufunke Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 186 Arc User
    Sure it is a great dps build, but way too expensive for me and I died too often.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    balufunke said:

    Sure it is a great dps build, but way too expensive for me and I died too often.

    You might want to dodge red.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Hi Lia ,

    With new changes in bonding runes coming up , which summoned companion you think best for GWF ?
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    jase2cool said:

    Hi Lia ,

    With new changes in bonding runes coming up , which summoned companion you think best for GWF ?

    Heya,

    This is a comment I wrote on another thread:

    "I'm most likely going to swtich to my Fire Archon. When picking a companion, a GWF (at least ones who follow my build or something similiar) should keep in mind they want a companion that:

    - Has a very low cooldown (given Protector's Camaraderie, it still needs to stack and you want something fast to proc it).
    - Possibly ranged since you're a melee and you want something that'll start attacking before you even get to the mob yourself, or just as you get there.
    - Has a good active bonus
    - 3 offense slots

    I'm waiting for the new GWF pack companion to make a final decision however, see if the marks are consistent and if it stacks with my own."
  • generalbeogeneralbeo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    Ty Lia :p This ia a boss skill :)
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    hi, Lia
    in the game I changed over from a augment to a companion then moved my mounts around to get the protectors comrade x3. and 1 friendship but I noticed last night that only 1 of the protectors com. is procing. It dose stack 4 times as dose the friendship. so I guess the ? is did I screw something up or is this right and only one will proc at a time.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    kevros62 said:

    hi, Lia
    in the game I changed over from a augment to a companion then moved my mounts around to get the protectors comrade x3. and 1 friendship but I noticed last night that only 1 of the protectors com. is procing. It dose stack 4 times as dose the friendship. so I guess the ? is did I screw something up or is this right and only one will proc at a time.

    You'll get 4 stacks of each which is fine, the percentage of each stack however will increase based on how many mounts you have of that bonus. It's working correctly.
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    in that case I need to leave them alone lol. and start looking into adding that 4th mount to increase the %.
    thanks, Lia
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    rinat114 said:

    jase2cool said:

    Hi Lia ,

    With new changes in bonding runes coming up , which summoned companion you think best for GWF ?

    Heya,

    This is a comment I wrote on another thread:

    "I'm most likely going to swtich to my Fire Archon. When picking a companion, a GWF (at least ones who follow my build or something similiar) should keep in mind they want a companion that:

    - Has a very low cooldown (given Protector's Camaraderie, it still needs to stack and you want something fast to proc it).
    - Possibly ranged since you're a melee and you want something that'll start attacking before you even get to the mob yourself, or just as you get there.
    - Has a good active bonus
    - 3 offense slots

    I'm waiting for the new GWF pack companion to make a final decision however, see if the marks are consistent and if it stacks with my own."
    Thanks Lia for your input.

    I will test out Fire Archon later today .

    At the same time would like to test out blink dog as well even it melee but it blinks in instead of walking in to attack .
    Which makes it somewhat fit in the 3 criteria recommended above, Blink dog also have better skill which gives CA and faster attack speed .

    Have you tested Blink dog and if you do can kindly share with me your thoughts on it ?

  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    jase2cool said:

    rinat114 said:

    jase2cool said:

    Hi Lia ,

    With new changes in bonding runes coming up , which summoned companion you think best for GWF ?

    Heya,

    This is a comment I wrote on another thread:

    "I'm most likely going to swtich to my Fire Archon. When picking a companion, a GWF (at least ones who follow my build or something similiar) should keep in mind they want a companion that:

    - Has a very low cooldown (given Protector's Camaraderie, it still needs to stack and you want something fast to proc it).
    - Possibly ranged since you're a melee and you want something that'll start attacking before you even get to the mob yourself, or just as you get there.
    - Has a good active bonus
    - 3 offense slots

    I'm waiting for the new GWF pack companion to make a final decision however, see if the marks are consistent and if it stacks with my own."
    Thanks Lia for your input.

    I will test out Fire Archon later today .

    At the same time would like to test out blink dog as well even it melee but it blinks in instead of walking in to attack .
    Which makes it somewhat fit in the 3 criteria recommended above, Blink dog also have better skill which gives CA and faster attack speed .

    Have you tested Blink dog and if you do can kindly share with me your thoughts on it ?

    The Blink Dog has a 2s CD just like the Fire Archon, it is not faster. I don't find the CA it gives neccesary as I can generate it myself with DS or with party members if my DS is down for a second. The Bink Dog however, is a valid option, I just don't like melee companions, that gives them the option to die too much and I'd rather them to be at safe distance so I can take all the beatings myself.

    By all means though, Blink Dog is still a great option so you should go along with it. It is however not BIS in my opinion.
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    So what DO you consider BIS? I am loving my Fire Archon at the moment.
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
  • niadanniadan Member Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Just checking to see if what you were most likely going to switch to was what you ultimately ended up doing. I follow your thread even though I am a full time CW, as I feel that DPS speced CWs can learn a lot from our GWF cousins, due to the similarity in how we gear for DPS. I for one have moved all my crit and arp to my main character gear and enchanted all Power on my Fire Archon, and as a CW am 100% crit, ARP capped, and hit 70K+ power (solo) with my Fire Archon. Sounds very similar to how you guys gear as well. Again, thanks for letting me snoop in on your thread!
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Greetings folks,

    I have updated the guide according to the bonding changes and other minor stuff. In a few minutes, due to multiple requests for people, I'll upload a video of a proper rotation so it's easier to understand by watching and not just reading. It'll be under the Mechanics section title.

    Thank you for reading!
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    Lia, I just wanted to comment that those THC sigs that I am seeing all over the forums are making me jealous :p
  • titaniumworldtitaniumworld Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 28 Arc User
    What do you think about the ambush drake's 20% defense debuff?
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    WIsh I had an Ambush Drake so I could test it, but my opinion overall about debuffing companions stays intact - leave it to your DC's and paladins to equip them. As a DPS class, we have to be slightly selfish and think about how fast we can get our Bonding buff/Prot Camaraderie stacks up and the Sellsword/Ambush Drake/all of the other buffers are not suitable for that.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Lia, If I can ask, how do you get to the 37K power? I currently have about the same crit, but my power only hits about 25K--and hits about 42-45K when smacking dummies around. I do get 3K power from artifacts.

    I use Savages in defense slots--do you get that much boost from feated defense slots??
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

    Lia, If I can ask, how do you get to the 37K power? I currently have about the same crit, but my power only hits about 25K--and hits about 42-45K when smacking dummies around. I do get 3K power from artifacts.

    I use Savages in defense slots--do you get that much boost from feated defense slots??

    Most of my power comes from various different things. All 3 of my artifacts get me 1k power. My defense slots give me +840 power. 3x additional defense slots on the companion is +1239 post bonding proc [(3*700)(2.85)]*(0.2)
    I'll have slightly higher power once we get our boons to rank 10 in a few days, so I'll make the calculation based on r10 boon structures = 8k power + 1600 additional power from the defense boons.
    +4k power from the Black Ice Warhorse, my gear + my 2x brutals and there you have it.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    rinat114 said:



    Most of my power comes from various different things. All 3 of my artifacts get me 1k power. My defense slots give me +840 power. 3x additional defense slots on the companion is +1239 post bonding proc [(3*700)(2.85)]*(0.2)
    I'll have slightly higher power once we get our boons to rank 10 in a few days, so I'll make the calculation based on r10 boon structures = 8k power + 1600 additional power from the defense boons.
    +4k power from the Black Ice Warhorse, my gear + my 2x brutals and there you have it.

    Thanks for the answer. The BI Warhorse explains a lot! Still, it took some careful planning to get the stats you have.
  • squibosquibo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 23 Arc User
    Hi Lia, and ty for the nice guide.
    Few days ago i got Repentant Dragon Cultist form one of the WoD lairs, long give up on that drop but here it is.
    Bonus seams ok, but idk should i replace 5% CA or 5% serv. blade for it, or leave it as it is, and rename him Dust Dragon Cultist
    Jamaica
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    squibo said:

    Hi Lia, and ty for the nice guide.
    Few days ago i got Repentant Dragon Cultist form one of the WoD lairs, long give up on that drop but here it is.
    Bonus seams ok, but idk should i replace 5% CA or 5% serv. blade for it, or leave it as it is, and rename him Dust Dragon Cultist

    Last time I checked the Cultist's bonus did not work, that was a few mods ago however and they might have fixed it. However there are better alternatives to pick whether the bonus is working or not, I wouldn't equip it at this point.
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    What do you think of the Shadow Demon as a companion?
  • rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User

    What do you think of the Shadow Demon as a companion?

    A poor choice for a GWF. Most people pick it because it does a lot of damage especially when it's buffed, it's great for DC's and Paladins. As a GWF, a main DPS class, you don't need the extra damage from your companion, by the time it even does anything things should be dead.
  • pr3stigexpr3stigex Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    Did you reroll your starting rolls when you went with the Orcus set? Or still 18 dex 18 strength? (for orc)
    Lash Urzoth 3.7k GWF, Pr3sTiGe 3k SW.
This discussion has been closed.