test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Would you play a new quest every day for 20k RAD?

torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
edited June 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
If Cryptic selected 365 awesome quests from the featured foundry catalog, they could have a YEAR LONG end-game campaign.
A new quest, every day, with a real reward. Bots can't learn a new quest every day.
Sure beats invoking as a way to get players to return every day, doesn't it?/
NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
Thanks for all the fish.
Post edited by torontodave on

Would you play a new quest every day for 20k RAD? 80 votes

Yes. A FRESH NEW QUEST EVERY DAY? Sign me up. Endgame is zzzzz
36%
kacezetsorce#8115brotherhades78defiantone99essentimagenubbiechroococciloexwellvjarljyotailillijendriemeral1nevfetorontodavewaryurnaciakitherealprotexslurpy911eviloldwolfatherrian 29 votes
Yes. 20k RAD a day would make me interested in the Foundry
48%
jazzfongplayasinnombresilence1xsantralafaxshashorlakhyakusekaiaraneaxstarbigamoskuggros1oliboyphtripsofthrymrlhachmacarregenerderhoriangeluskalindracilginordekjosiahiyonconsustestebancisnerosrotters 39 votes
Nope.
15%
blacklexceyarabaturtaitinhakkaajademonmongershadw2012playersnoopylwedarsomeonediesplasticbatoverrated4muckingfuppetnexusbobby 12 votes

Comments

• torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    This 'endgame' foundry quest campaign would only become available once Sharandar, Dread Ring, Maze Engine, Underdark, and Icewind campaigns are completed.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    You could bribe me for less, but I'd probably feel really stressed out over it if the quests had to be played on that day and stuff and things.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    I played them when you had to do 4 for 4k...
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5
  • samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I just want to play and create quests... My partner and I just started playing at the start of this month so we only got the briefest window to check out the existing quests and have not yet had the chance to even load the Foundry to try our hand at creating them!
    @samaka#2511

You could bribe me for less, but I'd probably feel really stressed out over it if the quests had to be played on that day and stuff and things.

If you missed a day, there would just be a new one the next day.

The campaign would work on tier'ed rewards, like "do 30, do 60, do 90, do 120, do 240, do 360" ..

even if you missed a bunch of days, if you played for 1year+ you'd eventually get all the reward tiers.
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Why would Cryptic even do this? Giving players more AD isnt making them money. Or is it offering a viable way the foundry can be profitable. The request is completely implausible. They will never offer so much AD for a single quest. At best, they would make you run 8 quests for a third as much AD.

The worst part of all this, is it does nothing to actually fix the foundry. Just imagine the rage if they had such a system, but no one could use it because it took 4 months for the catalogue to republish.

There has been NOTHING in the last year that benefited the foundry. They have only taken and taken more and more away from it. They have even removed all mention of the foundry from all adverts and game info. This has been a deliberate effort. Why then, do you think this pattern is going to suddenly change? Without any corresponding change in leadership.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    Nope.
    Considering how much attention the Dev's have shown towards the Foundry and coupled with the excessive downtime after each new Module is released, the chances of 365 days of continuous up-time can be likened to flying bacon. Plus Cryptic does not give out AD, it takes it away.
    Definitely not an Arc User.

Why would Cryptic even do this? Giving players more AD isnt making them money. Or is it offering a viable way the foundry can be profitable. The request is completely implausible. They will never offer so much AD for a single quest. At best, they would make you run 8 quests for a third as much AD.

Cryptic lets the bots reap millions of AD and does nothing about it, they hurt profitability far more I'd assume. =?

Thanks for all the fish.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Nope.

Cryptic lets the bots reap millions of AD and does nothing about it, they hurt profitability far more I'd assume. =?

They did many things about it or at least they did man things using it as the just cause.
    All these "bot measure" have been cutting down AD.
    And, cutting down foundry was one of the "measure".
    No, I am not saying I agree with what they are doing.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I didn't vote. You didn't put an option in the poll that says "I'd do it even if they didn't pay me." So I want to vote for that one.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
    As Kreatyve pointed out, I needed 3 options for Yes. ;D
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    Nope.
    Hell no.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
    kreatyve said:

I didn't vote. You didn't put an option in the poll that says "I'd do it even if they didn't pay me." So I want to vote for that one.

Count my vote for this non-existent option as well! ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,489 Arc User
    20k is way way to much. That will never happen. It is realistic to ask Cryptic to bring back the old setup with maybe 4k for doing 4 Foundry runs.

If they decide to keep Foundry in game at all. It seems they are struggling - Foundry has always been a source of problems.

20k is way way to much. That will never happen. It is realistic to ask Cryptic to bring back the old setup with maybe 4k for doing 4 Foundry runs.

If they decide to keep Foundry in game at all. It seems they are struggling - Foundry has always been a source of problems.

20k is not too much. 50 bots on one account make 150k PER DAY. just from invoking.

I can't keep up with that.
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

It is realistic to ask Cryptic to bring back the old setup with maybe 4k for doing 4 Foundry runs.

Cryptic working on the Foundry at all is not realistic. They've already removed Foundry from their promotional materials for the game.

20k is not too much. 50 bots on one account make 150k PER DAY. just from invoking.

I can't keep up with that.
    Bots can and did run Foundries... yes, even the fancy ones.

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
    edited June 2016

How many bots do you know that have completed shar/dread/maze/underdark/wod/iwd?

How much zen will it cost a bot to buy those 'complete' tokens? Maybe it's worth it for cryptic. =p

edit: also, I challenge any scripter to get a bot to beat 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' .. I'd love to see it. ;D
    Thanks for all the fish.

edit: also, I challenge any scripter to get a bot to beat 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' .. I'd love to see it. ;D

I am not a bot, but I have read some of the comments on your quest and I really hope the Foundry comes back so I can get the chance to play it! :)

I loved the Spelljammer campaign setting back in my pen-and-paper D&D days... though we did have a significant number of house-rules for the setting! ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Would any of you still vote for this if it meant removing AD from invocation? Because, that is ultimately what the OP wants.

That means no AD after every major update, for potentially weeks or months. Yup, that will kill the bots and let players catch up.

Also still waiting for a legit reason why Cryptic would bother to even do this.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

Would any of you still vote for this if it meant removing AD from invocation? Because, that is ultimately what the OP wants.

Invoke AD is one of the things that keep me being a good little automaton droid. Removing it wouldn't be great for my Neverwinter pocketbook, but it probably would be very good for the rest of my life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Wys8Rlu1iA

(But yes. The OP's suggestion is only properly supported by a Foundry catalogue that is actually available to play. And... we don't have that.)

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Whats a foundry?
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

How many bots do you know that have completed shar/dread/maze/underdark/wod/iwd?

How much zen will it cost a bot to buy those 'complete' tokens? Maybe it's worth it for cryptic. =p

I've seen quests by Eldarth botted, complete with video of it. Video not posted here of course, but there are sites about bot programming. I know how they do it but can't really describe how it works without potentially violating the ToS here because discussing how botting works is verboten.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I'm interested in the Foundry, with our without the extra reward (though I like the idea, as more players would discover and participate in the Foundry). Now, we just need it to come back online one of these days.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • jyotaijyotai Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    I'd play foundry even if they charged my toon to play it. And that's without having even finished leveling. Its just that I like the idea of player made content. I'd love to see it back as an alternative way to level alts apart from the same quests over and over.

Is it offline because it was being exploited like the adventure maker in City of Heroes was? Or is it just mysteriously offline?
    PST timezone older player. Mostly play tanks and healers. Don't game outside of MMOs.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    bots even do pvp which a friend queued for and saw unbelievable
    It's offline because its (actually!) being worked on. Thanks @terramak =D

Bots doing pvp is a lot easier than a bot doing my foundry. In fact, why don't you try it @cellablock? You tell me if you think a bot could do it.
    Parkour, etc. Good luck. =D

Votes right now are

24 - yes
    25 - yes
    9 - no

So .. 50-10 in favour of making the Foundry something worthwhile. Please? =D @strumslinger @badbotlimit @panderus @crypticzinc
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited June 2016

It's offline because its (actually!) being worked on. Thanks @terramak =D

Bots doing pvp is a lot easier than a bot doing my foundry. In fact, why don't you try it @cellablock? You tell me if you think a bot could do it.
    Parkour, etc. Good luck. =D

Votes right now are

24 - yes
    25 - yes
    9 - no

So .. 50-10 in favour of making the Foundry something worthwhile. Please? =D @strumslinger @badbotlimit @panderus @crypticzinc

sure i will check it out when i get hme from work how many foundry you have made :smiley:
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I'd be happy with 5K AD and would gladly run quests that were hand-picked as good. However, they would have to fix AND *update* the foundry to make it even possible. Something tells me all the developers that created and understand the foundry are no longer employed at Cryptic.
  • argroschargrosch Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 84 Arc User

I'd be happy with 5K AD and would gladly run quests that were hand-picked as good. However, they would have to fix AND *update* the foundry to make it even possible. Something tells me all the developers that created and understand the foundry are no longer employed at Cryptic.

At least Rob Overmeyer is still there, although he worked on other things like SH-PvP.
    The main problem I see with this (aside from 20k is very unlikely to happen - 5k is the highest amount I think they would ever give for a daily Foundry quest) is that other supported languages have much smaller Foundry-Communities. As far as i remember, the german could be the only one, that would even have enough featured Quests to get to 365 - and I´m not even sure here.

RIP Foundry