test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Time frames for Key Fixes

cavewarkcavewark Member Posts: 3 Arc User
Are their any actual time frames or development gates to get these game breaking bugs fixed ?

For example if they expect the foundry to be fixed in the next week great, if its going to be 6 months then maybe they should remove that from the game advertisments.

Or the constant texture reloading issue im having where all the graphics go to garbage and take a second to reload which when fighting tiamat and you need to know say how much life someone has and the game goes to garbage it would be great if that was a Priority.

Comments

• wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    None, if there is a zen exploit it is fixed asap but else you just hope to see it fixed in the next mod (hell there are still some issues from over a year ago , lostmouth set took them 14+ months).
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

None, if there is a zen exploit it is fixed asap but else you just hope to see it fixed in the next mod (hell there are still some issues from over a year ago , lostmouth set took them 14+ months).

old cn door took them almost same amount of time and they didnt fix it when they first attempted to fix. the cn exploits and some other took them more than 6 months.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    The texture loading problem has been around since ToD when heroics/heralds were introduced. I suspect it's not fixable since the engine is over three years old and probably was never designed for more than 5 people actively fighting in an area. If it was fixable, you'd think it would be top priority since fresh level 70s going into busy areas like WoD and Mantol would be walking around with garbage graphics for minutes if they didn't know to constant pound the escape key. These people who haven't invested much time at that point would just ditch the game.

I've never seen a game where the cursor can be constantly hidden by other graphics. This has caused lots of frustrations from accidentally discarding stuff and not being able to swap skills
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    The texture problem seems to affect only some players...a small portion I guess. Game breaking bugs that affect everyone are probably higher priority.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    How many times do they have to say that the Foundry is not a priority or scheduled for work in the current time frame?
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
    Yet they have it on the frontpage as a main feature of the game:

"In Neverwinter, the adventure never ends. With the Foundry toolset, players may design and manage new quests and campaigns incorporated directly into the game world.
    "

Visit the official website at http://www.playneverwinter.com/

in fact it takes 50% of the frontpage text....

So for a new player it is a selling future
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Doesn't change the fact that it is not currently a priority.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    greywynd said:

How many times do they have to say that the Foundry is not a priority or scheduled for work in the current time frame?

i think they lost the manual on the code for that and now have no idea how to read the code.
    Yea, but what is current priority? last patch it was aliances and we have seen how that worked out at release - they had to call in a competent guy from STO to fix the issues they had on PTR for two months in two days after going live broken (oh yea and the new ugly up to infinity campaign interface). So ok foundry is not a priority besides touting it as a key feature of the game. But i would think broken skills and tooltips or skill interactions should be fixed fast.

• samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User

[snip]

It was a selling point for my partner and I, one of the primary reasons we decided to play Neverwinter... so I really, really hope the Foundry comes back online sometime in the next 6.5 months (the time remaining on our VIP subs). Yes, we bought VIP because currently we are having a lot of fun playing Neverwinter, we are planning to create a character for each class so there is a lot for us to do.

However, it is a major bummer that one of the primary features of the game, one of the primary advertised features of the game has been MIA for months with no sign of a return! :(
    @samaka#2511
  • cavewarkcavewark Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    The thing is if i could find a work around for the constant texture reloading i would jump on it like a hobo on a sandwhich, its just frustrating incredibly so when in tiamat or any high population area to suddenly have it look like quake 1 with no detail. I mean is it an issue with my graphics card is it an issue with my network or memory if i could find out i would go out of my way to sort.
  • abrams121abrams121 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    All your concerns will be addressed and hopefully they will have a fix around Juntember-ish maybe.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    greywynd said:

They already said in their AMA that Foundry isn't getting anything until next year.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2016

greywynd said:

They already said in their AMA that Foundry isn't getting anything until next year.
    the same will be with that new pvp mode, they asking us what we want, couse playstation is a priority.

if i look at calendar it seems to me that PS launch should be near. I suspect it will not be launched DURING summer festival. Between summer festival and new module is not enough time either to polish PS launch and prepare new mod so when the game is free to play in general they should launch it before 6 july (summer fest start). although i dont wanna see newbies overleveled zones couse of festival, it should be disaster

or it will be they launch new mode at beginning of August and PS at the end of August, but end of August isnt good for releasing free to play game either in my opinion, so maybe opposite will be ideal. so we will see.
    Post edited by vinceent1 on
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited June 2016

"In Neverwinter, the adventure never ends. With the Foundry toolset, players may design and manage new quests and campaigns incorporated directly into the game world.

Visit the official website at http://www.playneverwinter.com/

in fact it takes 50% of the frontpage text....

following that link I found no references to the foundry at all. And in some of their video advertisements elsewhere they have removed mentions of the foundry as well
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
    edited June 2016
    @scathias The link you checked was part of the copy paste text from here : https://crypticstudios.com/neverwinter

sorry my formating is bad as i am posting from a mobile device there should have been a " after the link in my original post.

my guess on removal from videos is so they can be used for the consoles too.
    Post edited by wildfirede on

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Timelines are rarely if ever given by software companies. They're liabilities, both legally and economically. If they miss the stated time, there's a risk of being sued or of people simply losing faith in the company (either because they think they intentionally lied to make it seem like it wouldn't be that far away when they knew better, or because they're just not competent enough, etc.) and abandoning the products.

Costumer communication and PR are delicate matters. Not to say Cryptic is playing that little game perfectly, but it's actually much easier to understand than most of us (myself included sometimes) give credit for.