test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dread Enchantment or Plaguefire Enchantment?

karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
The title is the Topic.

I am currently thinking about changing from my Perfect Plaguefire to a Perfect Dread Enchantment. The reason is that i have not the feeling that it buffs much damage by reducing the armor further from monsters and the critical severity on encounter powers would help me on my daily activities and also my heal for the team (my DC has a righterous build, so he buffes already up).
Also the Dread Enchantment has a small armor debuff for monsters also.

What do you guys think?
An absolute no go or something i could try?
plat.png
Platypus wielding a giant hammer, your argument is invalild!

Comments

• putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    dread is easier to keep stacked but has a significantly less debuff

dread can impact your heals

dread is easier to keep up as you don't have to worry about stacking and it lasts 4 seconds vs plagues 3 seconds

dread doesn't stack so if anyone else in your party has one, your weapon enchantment is being wasted

plague can contribute more to your personal dps than dread depending on your crit chance and crit severity

So really it depends on what you want to do and who you run with. What better heals, use dread (or the flexibility to do more heals). Do you run with other people who use plague? A CW is much better for keeping plague stacked if you run with an MOF buff/debuff cw.

It's a lot to consider
  • karakla1karakla1 Member Posts: 1,355 Arc User
    That's why i asked: How much DPS do i (and my group) gain from the debuff of the Perfect Plague Fire Enchantment.
    Currently it is -15% Defense per stack and 3 stacks at max. Which means at best 45% less defense on a monster.
    Defense as a stat is used to generated "ignored % of damage" but if the majority of players already have reached their soft cap of 63% armor penetration which also bypasses the defense, then Plague Fire and any other Defense lowering enchantment would be useless.
    But Neverwinter is Neverwinter and what is written on an Enchantment isn't always what the enchantment really does. That's why i asked: How much DPS% do i and my party gain. Also it is to consider: If i can't keep up all the stacks, is it really that usefull for the party? I mean i wouldn't use the Plague Fire to it's full extend which would be a bit wasted.
    plat.png
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    Bear in mind pf is dirt cheap at perfect, dread is expensive and if u wan it to surpass the former u need a transcedent.

Just to advertise, i often run things with dread n pf user, so i use frost. A lesser will do unless u have extra ad to waste.
    when neverwinter says "reduces defense" that's not really what it does. The way neverwinter counts its actually a damage increase to target. So regardless of your teams armor pen, a debuffing weapon enchantment is going to increase damage. A good read on the subject is Kaelac’s guide to damage, tenacity, reisistance and debuffs in Neverwinter. The information on stat caps, and DR's out of date but the logic behind how damage resistence is calculated and debuffs impact party dps is relevant. It also contains a pretty good list of who's skills do what for buff/debuff calculations. Unfortiantely its pre-mod 6 so powers & feats introduced in mod 6 are not addressed nor are the fourth point for each power.
    Thank you. I also looked up some older threads that are post elemental evil and it looks like one stack of plague fire only adds up to 3% damage increase.
    plat.png
    Yep, here's some testing you can see from @fabricant https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GBmw_bjgSrdkEnQ8GR_N5HgIuEfcvOxXXGDd7cJr-0Y/pub#h.4h042r0

The testing is with CW but the results are still the same. It should be noted it is easier to keep up 3 stacks with a cw than a dc. DC casting speed is terrible and CW are better suited for spreading plague do to their aoe capabilities.
    okay, considering i can currently buff up to 118% additional damage the 9% at best seem not that great at all considering the damage increase and also the increase of critical healing. Thank you.
    plat.png
    on a dumby I average around a 98% debuff; however, I peak at 169% with a dread enchant. That's debuffs + Hallowed Ground. Doesn't include Weapons of Light buff and I'm DO. Enjoy the dread :)
  • solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    I have greater plague fire on my full righteous DO cleric level 65, i mainly do pvp, i was told dread is good depending on the encounters that you plan to use.
    Considering i mainly use devine glow, forgemasters flame, break the spirit and astral shield, would dread be better for me?
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    solbergx said:

I have greater plague fire on my full righteous DO cleric level 65, i mainly do pvp, i was told dread is good depending on the encounters that you plan to use.
    Considering i mainly use devine glow, forgemasters flame, break the spirit and astral shield, would dread be better for me?

Neither PF nor Dread will have big impact on your gaming. Try give up FF for BoH, you can stun/kill or reduce target damage, normally heal yourself and your allies, clutch heal them with E.BoH when their hp is really low, or just open your E.AS and let your opponent cry. This is the best and most balanced 1v1 or 1v2 loadout i had found, and dread helps alot in this loadout.
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    I prefer to keep both on me I have a Trans Dread and a Perfect Plaguefire.

I do not find it hard at all to keep 3x stack of PF up when you run Chains of Blazing Light which is what I run while clearing trash.

I switch to whatever the team doesn't have though and if they have both I'll pick the dread for more healing and damage.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)