What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guild Alliances Bugs and Issues

1235»

Comments

• valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
  • jazyjefjazyjef Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    jazyjef said:

Since the alliance update on 6/9 I am unable to get my alliance chat working correctly. i am able to select alliance channel, and to type into the channel and see what I have typed, No member of our helm, sword, or gauntlet friends can see my chat, and I cannot see theirs. in addition I can see if a guild member types into alliance chat because I recognise the name and the guild tag, but that is all. This seems to be connected to account as all my characters are having the same issue. So far I have reinstalled the game, reset to default all chat options, even messed with resolution,and ui in case the chat box had resized or moved somehow. Guild chat,notifications,and all other chat are unaffected. I opened a support ticket 24 hrs ago, however I have not had a response as yet. Running out of things to try, I'm just staring at the ui wondering
    Thank you</
    Any update on this issue please? No response in the forums, and no response to date from support ticket posted in game
    thank you again.

• shadowgod244shadowgod244 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 44 Arc User
    i can confirm that the game crashes when a plot is being constructed and you look at the guild tab
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    jazyjef said:

Any update on this issue please? No response in the forums, and no response to date from support ticket posted in game
    thank you again.

@jazyjef
    I'm aware of an issue where /Alliance chat does not work if your guild rank is not permitted to use your /Guild chat, but I don't know what this looks like to the affected user. You may wish to double-check permissions.

If your problem is caused by something else, then it's a problem unique to you, and forum folks are very unlikely to be able to help with it.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User
    We're upgrading our hall - meanwhile we could improve our temple while we wait, but I can't set the new target. Every time I try to hit the stronghold tab in our guild page, I crash.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    melindaoz said:

We're upgrading our hall - meanwhile we could improve our temple while we wait, but I can't set the new target. Every time I try to hit the stronghold tab in our guild page, I crash.

You can change the contribution target whilst at the mimic.
  • melindaozmelindaoz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 114 Arc User

You can change the contribution target whilst at the mimic.

thanks, I'll give that a try.

• instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    This has been brought up before, but there is a definite discrepancy between what the "G" screen shows and what the Coffer/Alliance screen shows as far as required currency amounts:

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • hastur905hastur905 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    null
    Instynctive I made the mistake earlier of thinking that the building discount wasn't being applied, your example shows why I made the mistake. The coffer shows requirement with discount applied, while all other show without discount. This may be WAI as they may not want others in the alliance to know what is actually required. Strange but possible....
    That would be a silly sort of thing, really.

It's odd.. I've run into so many people who are literally *terrified* that others will find out what's in (and not in) their coffers. Seriously.. why wouldn't anyone care? lol

Regardless.. the numbers need to all match, because it's confusing to *my* guild members and officers and I don't like that.
    header.png
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I can't think of a rational use-case where someone would want to prevent allies from contributing to their guild, other than perhaps plain old stubbornness. I mean, to each their own and all, but.... that seems a bit like the American Cancer Society only accepting donations from cancer patients simply because they want to make fighting cancer harder for them... I suppose I can see why someone would want to prevent their own guild members from contributing to other allies, but that seems pretty silly to me and not a small bit tyrannical from a leadership perspective.

Admittedly, my approach to the game and to leading a guild is very open (the whole "Play however you want" thing) - but at the end of the day you get what you give. Not everyone will contribute across alliance bounds, but in many cases, people just have extra junk (like AD and Labor vouchers) just taking up space. My view is that you do what you can for your guild first, then your allies' guilds, and I would expect the same sentiment from my allies. If a leader doesn't trust their guild members to do that, then (IMO) the problem isn't the feature, it's that guild's community (or lack thereof...).
    kvet said:

I can't think of a rational use-case where someone would want to prevent allies from contributing to their guild, other than perhaps plain old stubbornness. I mean, to each their own and all, but.... that seems a bit like the American Cancer Society only accepting donations from cancer patients simply because they want to make fighting cancer harder for them... I suppose I can see why someone would want to prevent their own guild members from contributing to other allies, but that seems pretty silly to me and not a small bit tyrannical from a leadership perspective.

Closing certain coffers is pragmatic to enable your guildies to have somewhere to dump their own AD vouchers (a prime example) by reserving a certain amount of headspace, which will quickly be filled up if the coffer is left open. I've only closed coffers where I'm concerned about a full coffer leading to inventory management issues, or where I'm already aware of an inventory management issue.

I have multiple inventory slots on my account occupied by siege AD vouchers I was holding back as a courtesy. I think I'll be able to get rid of most of it at next build (for sure the next one after that), but for now, it is a problem, and this was exacerbated by my not shutting off the AD coffer in time to prevent it from being filled completely.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

You can also use the Alliance tab in the Guild window to access the "Stronghold Info" page, however the resolution is messed up so a part from the window is cut away...

You can actually move the vertical lines and set the column size as you want :p
    (I just found it out, thought it was worth sharing here)
  • berytakberytak Member Posts: 8 Arc User

(...)
    - If you leave an Alliance, you cannot join another one - we'll hopefully be fixing this on 6/9.

This issue has not been fixed ... we left an alliance on monday and since then we are unable to join any alliance. The person who tries to invite us just get's the message: "The guild is not accepting alliance invitations."

We have double checked all guild settings but found nothing where you can block alliance invitations.
    Is there anything we can do?

Cheers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Cruiser Captain since 87706.01
    jazyjef said:

jazyjef said:

Since the alliance update on 6/9 I am unable to get my alliance chat working correctly. i am able to select alliance channel, and to type into the channel and see what I have typed, No member of our helm, sword, or gauntlet friends can see my chat, and I cannot see theirs. in addition I can see if a guild member types into alliance chat because I recognise the name and the guild tag, but that is all. This seems to be connected to account as all my characters are having the same issue. So far I have reinstalled the game, reset to default all chat options, even messed with resolution,and ui in case the chat box had resized or moved somehow. Guild chat,notifications,and all other chat are unaffected. I opened a support ticket 24 hrs ago, however I have not had a response as yet. Running out of things to try, I'm just staring at the ui wondering
    Thank you</
    thank you again.</p>

Day

jazyjef said:

thank you again.

@jazyjef
    I'm aware of an issue where /Alliance chat does not work if your guild rank is not permitted to use your /Guild chat, but I don't know what this looks like to the affected user. You may wish to double-check permissions.

If your problem is caused by something else, then it's a problem unique to you, and forum folks are very unlikely to be able to help with it.

I'm grateful for players taking the time to reply and I guess I'm not expecting them to fix something cryptic broke, although tips they could supply are worth trying. Am I unreasonable to expect cryptic to reply here? This is bug reports or am I being stupid? We are now 5 days after the so called patch to fix alliances, now I feel like an outcast, I can't join any runs being called by my alliance because I can't see them, missed x2 seals this last weekend, and 2x rp on the horizon. Everything is on hold. Lost the will to play, just log in to check if anythingsworking yet, my only hope appears to be the next server reset. In game tickets are useless still no reply. We have a great community here and I really appreciate ideas, but come on cryptic please help me out here.
    Thank you
  • elvalianonelvalianon Member Posts: 331 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Me and some guild members keep crashing when we click on the Stronghold tab in our guild window (we started the Farm upgrade when this occurred)
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    jazyjef said:

Am I unreasonable to expect cryptic to reply here?

You wouldn't think so, but the vastness of the silence from Cryptic after last weeks complete and utter fiasco has been deafening.
    edited June 2016
    Guild bank tabs (repository) can no longer be renamed. I'm receiving a error when I check permission on each tab and there is no option to change the name like it used to.

kvet said:

jazyjef said:

Am I unreasonable to expect cryptic to reply here?

You wouldn't think so, but the vastness of the silence from Cryptic after last weeks complete and utter fiasco has been deafening.
    Let's just hope they are too busy fixing the bugs...

jazyjef said:

jazyjef said:

jazyjef said:

Thank you</
    thank you again.</p>

Day

jazyjef said:

thank you again.

@jazyjef

I'm grateful for players taking the time to reply and I guess I'm not expecting them to fix something cryptic broke, although tips they could supply are worth trying. Am I unreasonable to expect cryptic to reply here? This is bug reports or am I being stupid? We are now 5 days after the so called patch to fix alliances, now I feel like an outcast, I can't join any runs being called by my alliance because I can't see them, missed x2 seals this last weekend, and 2x rp on the horizon. Everything is on hold. Lost the will to play, just log in to check if anythingsworking yet, my only hope appears to be the next server reset. In game tickets are useless still no reply. We have a great community here and I really appreciate ideas, but come on cryptic please help me out here.
    Thank you
    So to update this, the two hard drives I was running have been formatted, win8 reinstalled to mech drive, and arc and neverwinter to separate ssd, guess what still chat is still broken, tells me something is saved server side not client side that is bugging my account and affecting all my characters. Game is working great though apart from chat I still have to verify this but it may be something to do with friends list, if your not on it I don't see your chat wether it's in alliance/guild or any channel, testing this theory this eve before maintenance.
    Needless to say my investment of a fare few hundred dollars is looking like its down the pan. I simply cannot justify giving this company any more money until they at least can be bothered to try and speak to me. The silence from this bug report and in game tickets is deafening thanks again to the community that have tried to suggest resolutions. Appreciated

A game client crash originating in the Guild Alliances UI has been addressed.

If this was about the Stronghold tab Crash when one of the guilds in a alliance is upgrading a building, it is not resolved.
  • ichimaruginxichimaruginx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Bugs Pending to be Fixed
    • Clicking on SH tab in Guild tab results in crash.
    • Inability to rename guild repository tabs.
    Nice tip @elvalianon ! Another workaround for SH Tab is:
    You can access something similar to the SH tab and check your building resources etc via the Steward npc (Located in front of the fountain). A guildie of mine informed me of this today. Just wanna share :)

Nice tip @elvalianon ! Another workaround for SH Tab is:
    You can access something similar to the SH tab and check your building resources etc via the Steward npc (Located in front of the fountain). A guildie of mine informed me of this today. Just wanna share :)

Thanks for the tip! :D

This has been brought up before, but there is a definite discrepancy between what the "G" screen shows and what the Coffer/Alliance screen shows as far as required currency amounts:

^^^^^ Still waiting on this...
    header.png
    I think if I tried really hard, I could find 4 or 5 different values for required amount of X, looking at different bits of UI.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• gypsymoon13gypsymoon13 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14 Arc User
    MOUNTS ARE BUSTED, the griffon mount 20% on cooldowns on the use of an artifact power is busted and there is no 20% shorter cooldown bonus its just a waist of 1.500.000 AD's. i just set it up and tested it and it does not work...

btw, duelist's furry is not stalking upon elignment in pvp. targets only have to walk or run out of the way to lose TR stalking...

and also lurker's assault hasnt been teleporting to target at all...