test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Developer Blog: Sword Coast Chronicled

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
Today we are going to take a quick look at the new Sword Coast Chronicle coming to The Maze Engine: Guild Alliances.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/9999293-developer-blog:-sword-coast-chronicled

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Looks good! Can't wait to play it tomorrow!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

OK new content is good

This update is mostly additional rewards from old content, and QoL organization. The new quest chain is, as the blog says, short.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia

The game really needs a lot of new and decent quality content.

The Foundry catalogue is finally being republished....

Neverwinter Census 2017

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    Many-Arrows Orcs should call in sick for the next week. The Tower District is going to be a bloodbath even with the "increased" drop rate of shards for the Benign Order of the Third Eye campaign.

The new Campaign UI is pretty but is worse for usability. :(
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User

That will help some, but there is a lot of junk in there

So when (if) the editor goes back online, start crafting your own non-junk adventures.

header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    two30 said:

Many-Arrows Orcs should call in sick for the next week. The Tower District is going to be a bloodbath even with the "increased" drop rate of shards for the Benign Order of the Third Eye campaign.

The new Campaign UI is pretty but is worse for usability. :(

Well, they've been assaulting the city seven days a week, so they should have plenty of sick days saved up. I wonder if Gruumsh lets them roll them over from one year to the next :wink:

The Tower district will sure be busy. I hope for the next mod, if they add new content to existing zones, they add an extra side area or something so we level-70's don't interfere too much with people who are just learning the game.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • rock9000rock9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    Will the Scroll Bar resets to top position every time we open the Sword Coast Chronicle (i mean the campaign window) ?
    Is the same boring scroll down of the old campaign window.

Will the new system rewards give advantage to bots more than to players?
  • barbaraburnsbarbaraburns Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 34 Arc User
    I really dislike the new campaign window interface all jumbled around all over the place - it is hard to tell what is done and what is not for me and VERY confusing ..

Plus in looking at one of the zones where it says I need to finish things ... Icepsire Peak .. there was NO ONE GIVING OUT QUESTS for it :( .. yet in reading my achievements, it says I do not have it done ... so I just gave up and said ... NOT HAPPENING ...
    Hope you have a great day!
    edited June 2016

Plus in looking at one of the zones where it says I need to finish things ... Icepsire Peak .. there was NO ONE GIVING OUT QUESTS for it :( .. yet in reading my achievements, it says I do not have it done ... so I just gave up and said ... NOT HAPPENING ...

Find Vaile Birchsmith (to your right as you enter the zone) and that will probably fix it.

Note to TPTB: Hiding quest markers past X levels is still a dumb and pointless mechanic.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rdennison69rdennison69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Ok so I go to Sybella get the quest for tower district collected the 40 orb shards ....returned to her and the quest wont update ....Now what? I went back collected 100 orb shards total looking where to go or what to do next?....Sybella only options when You click on her are store or two dialog options clicked all options still wont update. is quest broke it is the same on all characters. Also happened on two friends accounts not just mine. What gives? the quest is "collecting the past" search tower distrîct for 40 broken orb shards( done collected over 100) quest journal says bring shards back to sybella (done but unable to finish as the quest turn in option is not availæble) .....Please fix the quest
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User

Ok so I go to Sybella get the quest for tower district collected the 40 orb shards ....returned to her and the quest wont update ....Now what? I went back collected 100 orb shards total looking where to go or what to do next?....Sybella only options when You click on her are store or two dialog options clicked all options still wont update. is quest broke it is the same on all characters. Also happened on two friends accounts not just mine. What gives? the quest is "collecting the past" search tower distrîct for 40 broken orb shards( done collected over 100) quest journal says bring shards back to sybella (done but unable to finish as the quest turn in option is not availæble) .....Please fix the quest

You need to do the sorting task in the campaign itself. You need to do it 4 times and each time takes 15 mins. Then once you complete that you do the following task to put the orb together and then talk to her.
    You know, for a quest line that was designed to introduce people to the concept of the campaign interface, there are an awful lot of people playing for the first time who can't find the campaign interface.

I think I need to run it again and see how the prompts are, because I just did it on autopilot.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• rdennison69rdennison69 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    ok so I open the campaign interface and there is no campaign tab just dungeon , skirmish , and pvp!!! my character is level 32 - 33....considering that I have been killing orcs trying to figure out What to do.....The Developers of this idiotic quest should have been more clear in the quest instructions.....All the quest log text says is collect 40 shards bring them to sybella it then sàys complete the campaign quest does not say to find it in the campaign tab of the ques menu and the quest tracker sparkle trail just leads in circles that is what I have been following around for hours and days.
  • sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    The campaign window is different from the queue window - you want to hit ] or in the bar at the top of the screen (little yellow circles) you want the 3rd or 4th last one - it's icon is a flag.

From that screen scroll to the bottom, on the left-hand side about 2 up there is a tile with a photo of the seer titled Order of the Third eye - click that tile and in the responding window is where you do the task to further progress through the campaign.
    There can't really be a sparkle trail to point you to the UI, since the UI is with you always and forever.

My journal for this quest says:
    1. Collect shards
    2. Do the campaign task. Interface prompts do pop up when sufficient shards are gathered, but I didn't notice voiceover. You could maybe miss it if you were doing this with a character that was low-level enough to have to fight everything in Tower District.
    3. Then return to Sybella

My sidebar quest tracker did not tell me to return to Sybella until after I did the campaign task, including collecting the reward from the completed task.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    Been using the new format for the last cppl weeks now and like the free goodies and new layout is ok-ish,,, i do have one complaint about the usability and that is finding what is completed in what campaign,,,, i guess it's fairly easy when your progressing up the chain to remember what task you started and go claim it when you see the little flag flashing on the top bar,,, but when your 70+ and running several repeatables (mostly for keys or stronghold vouchers) I forget which ones I did and at what times I started them and then have to go searching thru all of them to find it,,,,, is there any way the apropriate campaign could lite up or flash or something so I know what one to be looking under to claim the reward? even if it's something small like the pretty gold scroll around the edges that blinks or something, would make it so much better than clicking back and forth between each one to find the completed task
  • now i have more bags than slots to put the bags in :{ I'd hate to discard a btc 12 slot bag... taking up a spot in the bank
  • nomzombie#8710 nomzombie Member Posts: 1 New User
    So I gave Sybella the orb but there's another task that needs it to find some documents in the black dagger ruins. Does that mean I can't complete the sword coast chronicles now??
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    Should have been given the orb. Not given it to Sybella. Check your inventory. Slot it in your belt and head to Blackdagger Ruins.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • cannellacannella Member Posts: 1 New User
    The developer blog included - You open any deed to see the requirements needed to complete it.

When I open it up, I see that some of the deeds are incomplete, but when I go to the maps (neverdeath, for example), there is no one to give me the quests I need (Dragon Attack, Opening the Way, The Clockwork Tomb). Is it because I'm level 70 and you are not allowed to go back to finish the earlier quests?
    cannella said:

The developer blog included - You open any deed to see the requirements needed to complete it.

When I open it up, I see that some of the deeds are incomplete, but when I go to the maps (neverdeath, for example), there is no one to give me the quests I need (Dragon Attack, Opening the Way, The Clockwork Tomb). Is it because I'm level 70 and you are not allowed to go back to finish the earlier quests?

You've outlevelled the markers. You have to actually talk to the NPCs without being prompted.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• > @beckylunatic said:
    > The developer blog included - You open any deed to see the requirements needed to complete it.
    >
    >
    >
    > When I open it up, I see that some of the deeds are incomplete, but when I go to the maps (neverdeath, for example), there is no one to give me the quests I need (Dragon Attack, Opening the Way, The Clockwork Tomb). Is it because I'm level 70 and you are not allowed to go back to finish the earlier quests?
    >
    > You've outlevelled the markers. You have to actually talk to the NPCs without being prompted.

Still nothing happens after I talk to them also, any help would be appreciated as i want to complete these deeds!
    You have to do every single prerequisite quest in the zone to find the specific ones named in the Deeds. Talk to every NPC with a yellow name until you find something to do, and then keep doing that. Use the wiki to help. It's very detailed re: old adventure zones.

Neverwinter Census 2017