test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STAte of pve is all about companions and critical change and severity.

mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
AND thats why we see a great weapon fighter jump on the roof on dps. Faster than any other class can go kill all monsters with high severity+100% chance. I brought that class as example in purpose. HAVE YOU ever seen a cw exactly same build + a snail for the opressive?:) THEY Have no difference they will clear the monsters in seconds almost at same time. SAME for hr same FOR A RIGHTEOUS cleric . ALL HAVE something similar : critical chance almost 100% and severity 120+.

RUN front kill em all you made the game disgusting. IN old days for example: a wizard not using correct the frozen power transfer could end 2nd at paingiver and both cw fight the same mobs even if the other was lower gear score just because played better. NOW CW 100% critical chance 120% severity is : critical conduit storm spell storm spell critical terrain storm spell storm spell frozen opressive. dead . THE OTHER CW stayed a little behind to cast with safety the frozen power transfer to get some boost first. BUT no the auto cw wins;)

I had some theories in my mind but no now is clear i will adjust to what the game turned : smash buttons and deal damage because an ap mount critical severity 120% and critical chance 100% . THE most funny is i see many times those super damage dealers to go down often that was a loss of damage back in days but not anymore!

I was support mage until today.

Comments

• jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    You forgot to give credits to those in support roles.

Unless the DPS toon was like 4k ilvl doing T1.
    DPS characters needs tank/buffer/heal without them, can forget bout DPS.. staying alive be tough

A proper team required with mature understanding on what they need to do/perform in a party to do higher end dungeons/raids .

CN For example
    Have your party ever get wiped repeated and end up behind Orcus doors for hour due to the tank were unable to tank Orcus ?
    Have you tanked Orcus for almost an hour due to dps fail?
    Have you did CN with minimum/without Buffer (GF+DC)?

Its more than just personal dps (crit/companion/crit severity) its bout stacking buff ( ITF (up to 130% damage, Break the spirit 40%, Bane 30%, Weapon or light, Aura Gift and various passive buff from CW/GF/DC/OP) they are always there with you doing great damage.... its AKA team work

Even a 4k ilvl gwf with 17k def 60% DR rush upfront a group of zombies with Daring shout on... can take massive damage/killed if not careful ..
    A DPS who has initiative / dedication on his work benefits the party more than a lay back dps which not willing to travel extra miles and wait for mobs to drop by...

It requires tactical skills /positioning and Guts to rush in "Smash, Kill & Win" its not as simple as just walk in stuff die, see high numbers just cause i have high ilvl...the last thing a DPS toon wanted is he/she rush in style get killed and need to beg to be picked up (there is always this risk)

As for "THE most funny is i see many times those super damage dealers to go down often that was a loss of damage back in days but not anymore!" plenty of people still die in eDemo/CN ...Maybe you been with a good team and did not see it.

Try plugging into these dungeons i can tell you that most of time your personal DPS will not save you.

As a 4.2k gwf I can tell you this... I appreciate those support crew/tank during my adventure time which i can trust and count on.

I even created a op tank and dc to help those who in need of support team for dungeon.

Please do not discredit dungeon support team (Tank/Buff/Heal).
  • mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    jase2cool said:

You forgot to give credits to those in support roles.

Unless the DPS toon was like 4k ilvl doing T1.
    DPS characters needs tank/buffer/heal without them, can forget bout DPS.. staying alive be tough

A proper team required with mature understanding on what they need to do/perform in a party to do higher end dungeons/raids .

CN For example
    Have your party ever get wiped repeated and end up behind Orcus doors for hour due to the tank were unable to tank Orcus ?
    Have you tanked Orcus for almost an hour due to dps fail?
    Have you did CN with minimum/without Buffer (GF+DC)?

Its more than just personal dps (crit/companion/crit severity) its bout stacking buff ( ITF (up to 130% damage, Break the spirit 40%, Bane 30%, Weapon or light, Aura Gift and various passive buff from CW/GF/DC/OP) they are always there with you doing great damage.... its AKA team work

Even a 4k ilvl gwf with 17k def 60% DR rush upfront a group of zombies with Daring shout on... can take massive damage/killed if not careful ..
    A DPS who has initiative / dedication on his work benefits the party more than a lay back dps which not willing to travel extra miles and wait for mobs to drop by...

It requires tactical skills /positioning and Guts to rush in "Smash, Kill & Win" its not as simple as just walk in stuff die, see high numbers just cause i have high ilvl...the last thing a DPS toon wanted is he/she rush in style get killed and need to beg to be picked up (there is always this risk)

As for "THE most funny is i see many times those super damage dealers to go down often that was a loss of damage back in days but not anymore!" plenty of people still die in eDemo/CN ...Maybe you been with a good team and did not see it.

Try plugging into these dungeons i can tell you that most of time your personal DPS will not save you.

As a 4.2k gwf I can tell you this... I appreciate those support crew/tank during my adventure time which i can trust and count on.

I even created a op tank and dc to help those who in need of support team for dungeon.

edited May 2016
    i give them credits. buffs and team are important. but lets get serious 100% c rate perma dailies and perma critical on some classes builds is too much.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Thanks for your understanding.

I would refer the 100% crit/permanent daily / 130+ % damage buff/ permanent stealth/15 stacks bonding/immortal tank and others where players says is broken as special skill.

In any game players always wanted to improve and work towards a certain goal.
    Of course end game character (high ilvl characters) will normally have some "special skill" which average characters does not. ( as they invested time and resources far more than average character)

Every job class has it special function/features which also a optimum build which in pvp or pve.

NWO a game where good character cant be build with just money,
    Will takes time to grind all the boons and gathering of all the bonded epic/legendary gears... all this gears are group effort ( Dragon Flights, Epic Trail, Epic Dungeons and etc).

When a team of league of extraordinaire gentlemen (good players with high ilvl characters) together they supposed to easily goes solve average dungeons with requirement just 2500 or below .

Think of it as these people is the elites (legendary hero / James Bond) with "special skill " of course they can finish standard dungeons smoothly...the only problem its there is no harder/more difficult dungeon for these elites to go for more challenges

I do agree some of these "special skills" are overpowered but they are needed to encourage player to progress .
    Also as end game character (high ilvl toons) normally be far superior to average ilvl toons.

However player skills and strategy also are important as well as below link refer.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1215506/low-item-level-characters-out-dpsing-3ks/p1

Anyway rest assured i believe NWO good team of Dev are already working on class balances,rework of bonding runes and other fixing any others unstable factors involved swiftly just like LM set and OP/DC fixes .
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    If a game has a crit stat that the player can focus on and improve, then crit will always reign supreme. It's just a fact of game design. No one ever designs such a crit system that isn't totally and utterly worth it over any other damage option. It always gives some combination of superior damage or superior cool factor ("Maybe my damage isn't that much better, but look at all these decapitations! hahahahahaha!").
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    I did CN with 4 melees+tank GF(myself) and no healer.The clue is insane damage from GWFs and ITF
  • itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    I find it amusing how you guys find the dumbest things to complain about.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    If you do all dps runs vs stacked buff runs, you will see a huge difference.

Go look at those all class runs. Baseline gwf one.

In addition, I would drop frozen power transfer, you need points to spend in other lines.

Just because its there , doesnt mean its the best option.

• itblsitbls Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User

In addition, I would drop frozen power transfer, you need points to spend in other lines.

Yea buffs are amazing http://postimg.org/image/emv1c1yv5/full/
  • durugudesudurugudesu Member Posts: 555 Arc User
    itbls said:

Maybe they want BiS toons to have WAY LESS stats and and pretty near the 2k itemlevel ones. maybe.

itbls said:

Maybe they want BiS toons to have WAY LESS stats and and pretty near the 2k itemlevel ones. maybe.
    in old days a bis player had max 50% c rate expection was cw with eye of the storm for some seconds and tr in stealth.
  • brockweaver1brockweaver1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    You can also say that over the years NWO has lost its middle class. The player base has shrunk to the extent that things are more polarized than ever. We won't get into those reasons but even at 3.3k I became bored with my gwf...there simply isn't the content to make the fights challenging.

Therefore, some have elected to do more with less, ie. Forego a healer, or attempt to break personal or guild bests in output, or run with pugs when guild groups become robotic, or speed runs.....just to maintain interest in their characters. Can you blame them?
  • gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    The problem is, they have not put a clear definition on where the power cap should be, like I have said before and have people in my guild asking me how the hell am I two three hitting bosses at the end of the dungeons without the Illyan set (Bonding stones and companions with right buffing class = Any class can become a monster in Neverwiner Nights Online).

On a note, if I was the developers of this game, I would actually start with class stats as a focus on class balancing, since this is what is putting a lot of classes over the top (Just easier to do with some classes more often played than others).
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
    power feats and class mechanics they seem obsolete when i will give an example on a wizard. if reach damage boost from companions +20% +power from bondings + critical 100% make chill stack bonus-arcane stack bonus to look funny.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    gomok72 said:

The problem is, they have not put a clear definition on where the power cap should be, like I have said before and have people in my guild asking me how the hell am I two three hitting bosses at the end of the dungeons without the Illyan set (Bonding stones and companions with right buffing class = Any class can become a monster in Neverwiner Nights Online).

On a note, if I was the developers of this game, I would actually start with class stats as a focus on class balancing, since this is what is putting a lot of classes over the top (Just easier to do with some classes more often played than others).

Yes it´s redicules. One CN-run you kill that boss in <10 seconds, having a GF/DC and eperienced player that know, where to find the buffs in the powertree, and the next run you have a group of .... maybe clueless "One-Button-Player" + missing that lethal combo and the fight is near endless.
    I am sure there will be no solution , same as there is no solution for PVP, and that´s why this game slowly fading away.
    The solution would be easy: tone down buffs and stop them interacting with each other like a toxic coctail
    and bring bondings in line, 600% statbuff pff
  • deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    etelgrin said:

gwf does all this things because the stacks of destroyer increase the damage by so much, then because of the bonding pets, then because of the buffs and debuffs around.

..and hidden daggers and daring shout.

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    etelgrin said:

gwf does all this things because the stacks of destroyer increase the damage by so much, then because of the bonding pets, then because of the buffs and debuffs around, last thing to worry about is the critical severity of this guys....

Use an augment myself, a GWF. ETOS today I did 112m damage, next highest was 59m, with no wipes. But I get slaughtered every time in CN. Different contests favor different classes. GWF lost much of its temporary hit points at beginning of ME and the LM nerf lopped off a huge part of our damage.
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    While the min IL would make some dungeons a real challenge, NOTHING in this game was intended for BIS players.

How should this work? CN 2k min IL. Look at a 2k char and a BIS char. The difference in power etc. is not twice the 2k char, but 10x+. Just guild boons at lvl 10 give more stats, than 2k IL. These are just stats, add T2 sets, leg. mounts, mount boons etc and you know, why everything is a joke, if 5 ppl with decent gear and the 'right' party composition run any dungeon.

I wrote way back, when they introduced R12s and t. enchants, that this would brake the game even more. Now they added mounts, mount boons, more campaigns. The power creep is so steep, that there is nothing for BIS chars to do, but run PUG and pad your own back, bc you did twice the dmg of the other 4 players combined.

My baseline for dungeons is the following. You can solo que for KR and VT, bc you could solo it with every class and decent gear (if the rest at last frees you from the hand in VT). 2 ppl needed for a fast ELOL, SOT run. CN and T2s should have 3 good and geared players, if you dont want to waste your time. I know, that BIS players soloed most of the content, but I talk about smooth runs without wipes and bosses killed in a few minutes.

They cant nerf all classes or raise the difficulty of all dungeons, to make this game challenging for BIS players, bc this would exclude 95% -99% of the player base. My hope was and still is, that they introduce something like HM for CN etc with min 3.5k IL and better rewards.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    itbls said:

Yea buffs are amazing

@itbls

I fixed that for you freedom, nice ice knife :p

Also, I disagree with the OP, the game atm is not about critical change at all, although its at a stage where change may be critical for the game's health. Atm, I would say the game is critically staying the same :/
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

The game is all about buffs, interactions between these buffs, and using broken mechanics and items to utilize the buffs to maximum potential. Crit chance and severity are not the problem.

ah nerfing buffs would not change a fact that is easy to have to much crtic damage and crtic chance ,I never seen or played game where u can have 49% crtic chance base with no focused gear on crtic or any crtic enchants and if I would add companion and class futures my base would be over 65% and I'm only 2.9k ilvl and have O azures on me or pet
    edited June 2016

AND thats why we see a great weapon fighter jump on the roof on dps. Faster than any other class can go kill all monsters with high severity+100% chance. I brought that class as example in purpose. HAVE YOU ever seen a cw exactly same build + a snail for the opressive?:) THEY Have no difference they will clear the monsters in seconds almost at same time. SAME for hr same FOR A RIGHTEOUS cleric . ALL HAVE something similar : critical chance almost 100% and severity 120+.

RUN front kill em all you made the game disgusting. IN old days for example: a wizard not using correct the frozen power transfer could end 2nd at paingiver and both cw fight the same mobs even if the other was lower gear score just because played better. NOW CW 100% critical chance 120% severity is : critical conduit storm spell storm spell critical terrain storm spell storm spell frozen opressive. dead . THE OTHER CW stayed a little behind to cast with safety the frozen power transfer to get some boost first. BUT no the auto cw wins;)

I had some theories in my mind but no now is clear i will adjust to what the game turned : smash buttons and deal damage because an ap mount critical severity 120% and critical chance 100% . THE most funny is i see many times those super damage dealers to go down often that was a loss of damage back in days but not anymore!

I was support mage until today.

I agree with u crtic chance and damage are out of control we need new curves for crtic and nerfed crtic damage on vorpal and dread

• santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    Agree with @defiantone99, Vorpal is not the problem. If there is a cap on critical, I don't really care. I'll start stacking more power.
  • lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    If you've 100% crit you're out ilvling content, there is no content for 2k5+ players and the only purpose to go higher is for paingiver gratification, social recognition, or if you want to push the game to the limit for whatever reason.

The linear stat curves (the 100% build) are a cryptic commercial strategy to allow medium ilvl players (2.5k) to still increase exponentially their character efficiency without suffering diminishing returns.
    A 3.5k character is way more powerfull than when he was 2.5k.
    With logarithmic curves, the difference between the 3.5k and 2.5k character would be less impressive.

This disproportionate power gain encourages players to continue upgrading their characters after 2.5k ilvl even if there is no more content cleaning goals, mainly for the sole purpose of paingiver chart, which is the default tab when you open the scoreboard, it's not a random move.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    During the WoD dragon heralds, I've seen small groups of around 10 players taking out all the dragons in under 3 minutes. The DPS from companions is getting ridiculous.
    edited June 2016

If you've 100% crit you're out ilvling content, there is no content for 2k5+ players and the only purpose to go higher is for paingiver gratification, social recognition, or if you want to push the game to the limit for whatever reason.

The linear stat curves (the 100% build) are a cryptic commercial strategy to allow medium ilvl players (2.5k) to still increase exponentially their character efficiency without suffering diminishing returns.
    A 3.5k character is way more powerfull than when he was 2.5k.
    With logarithmic curves, the difference between the 3.5k and 2.5k character would be less impressive.

This disproportionate power gain encourages players to continue upgrading their characters after 2.5k ilvl even if there is no more content cleaning goals, mainly for the sole purpose of paingiver chart, which is the default tab when you open the scoreboard, it's not a random move.

ppl had max ranked enchants even when we had old curves there was still room to improve chars but now its just insane and some changes have to be made ppl now blame buffs and not 100% crtic chance for insane damage while before over 50% was hard to have and don't forget arp and insane rates it has lol