test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Current HIGHEST dps class??

Comments

• Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User

I Will talk about my class control wizard. storm spell artifact class feature the additional hit can critical. NO matter if is 5% chance i have seen in act ( we use it to not scroll up and down the combat log are the same thing) 9% of the storm spells are critical. I Can call it broken because called storm spell. COMBAT LOG: critical hit storm spell deals xxxxx damage. I would say nothing if was a random name. but no is lighting damage as the storm spell and it actually is called storm spell. UNTil i see next to the tooltip : ( can critical ) I WILL not count it as wai.

I must say that I'm not completely sure that it's not a bug, but I'll go along and I believe that you are correct.

I'm not sure how is relevant to anything, but ok let's go with it for the sake of fun.

- Storm Spell activates on every 30%, but only on the critical strikes.
    - Two spells that are used like Conduit of Ice and Icy Terrain can Crit only and only if the first strike is a crit, then the consecutive strikes will emerge.
    - Icy Terrain is the weakest spell by CW. Only in the combination of the two (Conduit of Ice + Icy Terrain) can you really see the benefit of the Storm Spell feature given that both crit at the same time (blue renegade buff gives +30% Crit chance)

That feature, in the end, would never, ever, do more than 10% of the regular Spell Storm damage. So, you make 2.000.000 Storm Spell damage, 200.000 out of that is the feature.
    That tells us that there's a 10% chance for the Storm Spell additional hit.

It Crits since it's double the damage of the original Storm Spell, which makes sense. I hope it's clarified and I hope that you do realize it's wai as such.

I'm pretty sure that sometimes my Storm Spell hits were orange zeroes (not talking about CoI zeroes). This happened even when I had MoF-based feature on the weapon (didn't have enough cubes to change twisted weapon's feature).
    I never pay much attention to such things, but I do think that you are correct and I do think that it's completely justified.

Regards.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    cesoso55cesoso55 Member Posts: 15 Arc User

In the sum i would tend to day...it't the GWF wich performs best, taking everything into account. That's my opinion :)

yea GWF performs the best , i say we should nerf it.
    No, i'm sorry, but the only thing a gwf can give to a group is, dps...
    If you take a HR, a TR, or a CW, on top of being good dps's as well, they can control, freeze, debuff, buff etc...
    We got nerfed a few month ago already, less hit points in unstoppable is one of the change they've done to the class, wich was fair enough, considering you could pretty much solo (at high level) anything...
    But no more... No more nerf, people always ask for nerf, and then complain about them afterwards...

Yeah, and don't forget the introduction of the Dread enchantment, that combines Vorpal, Plague fire and terror, 3 in one, for classes that benefit from encounters, which is not the case of Gwf. People say that Lostmauth nerf affected gwf the most, but they don't say that other classes also got buffed from the Dread enchantment.
  • Options
    revan06100revan06100 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User
    cesoso55 said:

In the sum i would tend to day...it't the GWF wich performs best, taking everything into account. That's my opinion :)

yea GWF performs the best , i say we should nerf it.
    No, i'm sorry, but the only thing a gwf can give to a group is, dps...
    If you take a HR, a TR, or a CW, on top of being good dps's as well, they can control, freeze, debuff, buff etc...
    We got nerfed a few month ago already, less hit points in unstoppable is one of the change they've done to the class, wich was fair enough, considering you could pretty much solo (at high level) anything...
    But no more... No more nerf, people always ask for nerf, and then complain about them afterwards...

Yeah, and don't forget the introduction of the Dread enchantment, that combines Vorpal, Plague fire and terror, 3 in one, for classes that benefit from encounters, which is not the case of Gwf. People say that Lostmauth nerf affected gwf the most, but they don't say that other classes also got buffed from the Dread enchantment.
    Yes, definatly, HR's and CW's can now match GWF's dps wise, due to dread enchants, so i please no more nerf on this class...
    I think GWF's are still highest dps, but they're not overpowered as they were anymore, any dps class using bondings can do huge damages as well and catch up on GWF's.
    Stop nerfing classes, bring new things, new powers for each classes, that give players more way of leveling, making their own builds...
    Nowadays it's = CW thauma, GWF destroyer, HR trapper, TR executioner and SW soulbinder.
    There are pretty much only one way for each class to be very effective... Make it fun, bring some variety to the game, not nerf on top on more nerfs...
  • Options

Yes, i just got the information that the GF will get it's class balance patch note around the middle of june/july . So i guess this is a good thing.

Is it ? i'm not so sure, i don't see any issues with the gf... More bloody nerfs, this is ridiculous...
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    There are player wearing blue gear 1,5kIL , no boons and maybe some L2P issues too...
    Those one will never "See any issues" and struggle with every class
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

There are player wearing blue gear 1,5kIL , no boons and maybe some L2P issues too...

Ppl claiming, that 1,5k players dont know anything should keep in mind, that the majority of players has an IL of 1.5-2.5k and cant play their class to its fullest potential.

The fact, that your chars, your pals chars or my chars have 3-4k+ IL is of no significance to them. All this nerf this threads should keep in mind, that a 'fix' should not just resolve issues for BIS players, but keep the class viable for all players.

While some adjustments are needed, former class reworks made me and many other players doubt the sanity of the Devs and either resulted in other bugs or made a class useless.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

Yes, i just got the information that the GF will get it's class balance patch note around the middle of june/july . So i guess this is a good thing.

i don't see any issues with the gf...
    Into the frey is way too powerful
    Knight's valor is way too powerful.
    [It's even better than divine protector]
    Guardian Fighters do way too much burst damage in PVP

Those are just a few of the issues.
    I'm not being specific since it's been repeated by many others so many times.
    Aren't you an XBOX player???
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    Are you guys talking about BiS of each class? What happened to 2k IL players? ITF, Knight's Valor, whatever buff/debuff, DPS clerics etc helps me as GWF. Everything helps. Just do whatever the hell you wanna do. I don't care.

Don't get me started in standing in reds. Try in eToS and stand in one of those pain webs. I can't even take Assassin's normal attacks.

GWF has only one viable path which is Destroyer and one guy says to nerf it? Dude, come on. You have 3 path choices to play with in other classes which you can just nitpick and work out your playstyle. GWF? No. No Destroyer capstone, no deal. There's no flex build in GWF (only minor stuff in what feat you pick in Destroyer and sub the other paths) and probably be stuck in this one-way path forever.

Sentinel? Still get one-shotted by mob trucks.

Instigator? Still get one-shotted by mob trucks.

Some people confused with DPS and HDPS and I don't even know what's going on to spark it. If you want to one-shot something with GF, by all means, go ahead. I don't wanna tank for you with Unstoppable. I already have enough problems with the backline and I don't want to peel for you for not working together to hold the door.

• Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    asterotg said:

Ppl claiming, that 1,5k players dont know anything should keep in mind, that the majority of players has an IL of 1.5-2.5k and cant play their class to its fullest potential.

The fact, that your chars, your pals chars or my chars have 3-4k+ IL is of no significance to them. All this nerf this threads should keep in mind, that a 'fix' should not just resolve issues for BIS players, but keep the class viable for all players.

While some adjustments are needed, former class reworks made me and many other players doubt the sanity of the Devs and either resulted in other bugs or made a class useless.

+1
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    lantern22 said:

asterotg said:

+1
    Since I will not discuss with anybody who denies "issues" about the GF-class, those players are bloody newbies or can´t get anything done, no matter what class they play.
    ITF has to be lowered and some more things has to be adjusted, no "meganerf" for sure.
    Compare a CN-run with a Paladin and a GF...lasts 3 times longer, that´s issue enough to me.
    And to underline again what I wrote: There are definitely lot´s of player (the majoritiy) who have no clue about their class, that´s what I can experience 90% of the time i pug.
    So if someone comes here and argues about "no issues" , he definitely belongs to this kind of player.
    And in case someone blames that he can´t run CN anymore after adjustements wearing 2k IL and blue gear, I would answer: PLay the game one 3 days and gear up to 2.5k IL, now you may be able to run endcontent again, lol.
  • Options
    lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    @schietindebux

wow, nice rant there. Feel better?

I'm not sure if you are addressing that at me but I think if you read through the comments, we are mostly in agreement, I thought so anyway. Who is saying there are "no issues" that needs addressing?
  • Options
    asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User

lantern22 said:

asterotg said:

+1
    Since I will not discuss with anybody who denies "issues" about the GF-class, those players are bloody newbies or can´t get anything done, no matter what class they play.
    ITF has to be lowered and some more things has to be adjusted, no "meganerf" for sure.
    Compare a CN-run with a Paladin and a GF...lasts 3 times longer, that´s issue enough to me.
    And to underline again what I wrote: There are definitely lot´s of player (the majoritiy) who have no clue about their class, that´s what I can experience 90% of the time i pug.
    So if someone comes here and argues about "no issues" , he definitely belongs to this kind of player.
    And in case someone blames that he can´t run CN anymore after adjustements wearing 2k IL and blue gear, I would answer: PLay the game one 3 days and gear up to 2.5k IL, now you may be able to run endcontent again, lol.
    You might have read, that I said, that there are issues and, that they need to be addressed. But I stand by the points, that they need to keep the class viable for lower skill/IL players and, that they have a bad record of HAMSTER adjustments up.

The big problem here is overstacking buffs and debuffs, not ITF on its own. A first step would be the fix of skills, that get the buffs applied twice and excluding DR from other parties (astral shield etc.). A hard cap would bee the sledge hammer solution and 20%, as some ppl suggested would destroy that build and render the skill next to useless.

BTW I did some PuG runs with OPs and with the right setup they can deal decent dmg and tank.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Is it ? i'm not so sure, i don't see any issues with the gf... More bloody nerfs, this is ridiculous...
    here is one of them, and if I would have time I could post 3 million links to threads about those discussions, filled up with player who only care about their own advantage 24/7 neglecting any "issues"
    btw I play a GF and i run CN and I did some PVP and there is nothing to discuss, except for some ppl who allways discuss, even in case their class would be a "one-button-onehit-winning-machine"
    Post edited by schietindebux on
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User

btw I play a GF and i run CN and I did some PVP and there is nothing to discuss, except for some ppl who allways discuss, even in case their class would be a "one-button-onehit-winning-machine"

Your *main* is a GF? We all have a lot of toons.
  • Options

Not my main, but a 2.9k GF, and I definitely know the difference between a CN run following a GF and a CN following a paladin.
    I never run that dungeon with an OP for quite a long time now because it´s my time that´s wasted, so in case you call that balance, I call it BS. Using all option you got as a GF, the difference is more than significant.
    Or did you ever read in chat about: LFM OP tank+ heal needed for CN run? OP normally is second choice or combined with GF+DC+2xstriker, but never first choice these days.
    But this is offtopic anyway - focus of this thread is damage.
  • Options

Not my main, but a 2.9k GF, and I definitely know the difference between a CN run following a GF and a CN following a paladin.
    I never run that dungeon with an OP for quite a long time now because it´s my time that´s wasted, so in case you call that balance, I call it BS.
    All you read in chat is: "LFM GF+DC for CN run" these days and not "Lfm OP-tank/heal for CN run"
    OP is third choice atm.
    But this is offtopic anyway and I do not want to waste more posts for a redundant dicission.
  • Options

I never run that dungeon with an OP for quite a long time now because it´s my time that´s wasted, so in case you call that balance, I call it BS.
    All you read in chat is: "LFM GF+DC for CN run" these days and not "Lfm OP-tank/heal for CN run"
    OP is third choice atm.
    But this discussion is offtopic anyway.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    There are two groups of players.
    The first one cries for buffs and support for their class and blames the difficulty ingame, wants to get thing "now", wants to have unlimited AD income to spend etc...."Why can´t I kill that boss first day of release", "Why do I have to get that much gear to run endgamecontent".
    The second group wants balance and wants contnent to be challenging but allways has to argue with the first group, wich is too lazy to run an optimized tree/spec, build up/invest into a companion, inform themself about current builds/buffs etc..
    There never will be a consens between those groups.
  • Options
    hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User

That is because of overpowered buffs and debuffs that Paladins do not have. They ruin the game. We are told there is a new tier of dungeons coming. If buffs and debuffs are not toned down these will be no more difficult than elol speed kills.

+1
  • Options
    c1k4ml3kc3c1k4ml3kc3 Member Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited June 2016

Huh, I'm not seeing things like that though. Without GF buffs and OP to tank everything that exists, CN runs usually are not even possible. Not even with many Yeti pets. Hmm This might change soon though, but truth be told OP and GF have a much higher chance of completing a dungeon than any other class.

I'm sure that a 4man GF+DC party would HAMSTER CN.

I also don't see buffs and debuffs as an issue, tbh. Some broken 2x procs, yes, but overall BUFFs and DEBUFFS are the thing why there're different people in the team. That's a good thing imho.

And it's a win-win situation for everyone since even without a lot of DPS, you're still a good player since buffs are given regardless of your IL/skill. A low lvl Renegade is super-useful to the team, for instance, and a welcomed member. Same goes for buff/debuff GF/DC. I can't see the issue with that.

The only problem, as I see it, is that people due to the change of the nature of game circa MOD6, learned to use buffs/debuffs far more than before to their own advantage.
    The 5man CW run became obsolete. Same like the 5man GWF run became obsolete after MOd3 got introduced.
    Variety is a good thing.

Problem is with the classes that don't really bring anything to the table unless super-equipped. Such is the Thaumaturge tree, for instance. You don't really need CWs anymore in the PT imho since OP/GF mitigate all damage + Yeti as compatriots (HA!) furthermore supplemented by one SW + one GWF + one HR and there you go.
    Control's not useful to anyone since it doesn't work as much as it used to be and there's a fine line of work where it becomes unnecessary for CW to play at all since damage is mitigated at all times.
    And many people like playing with a CW, so CW should be useful again and not just like a buff-bot.
    True Neutral
    Left the Game due to heavy Damage Control & Missing Spanish Language
  • Options
    mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    asterotg said:

lantern22 said:

Can someone explain what needs to happen for a hit to reach 10mil?

I'm super excited when I see a 300K hit, how are ppl getting 10mil? Fair enough I don't have any real DPS spec'd toons . . . . . but 10mil that's 30 times more

Something definitely feeds fixing when those numbers are happening, surely.

Bring back the diminishing return curves??

a lot of buffs from DC, GF, CW, Hunter... and selfbuffs from Wheel, companionboni, critseveritiyboni etc. plus all your class can offer by selfbuffs.
    But I heared that a GF can deal those numbers even without having a 500% statboost from Bondings, this player uses an Augment,lol.
    I saw those ACT logs posted by fabricant in this forum, these numbers pop by different classes with an effectiveness of 1000%.
    Means your anvil deals ten times more damage than he would deal normally, so a 500k anvil is a 5 mio hit, a 1 million (double damage when at 40%) is a 10 million hit.
    Not much to say, it happens in a buffer party, when people play that know how to play their class and know the mechanics, timing their buffs exactly. No magic i guess.
    I never had those numbers by pugging, but that´s also no magic because I meet 24/7 player, who spend their featpoints by chance, running bad stuffed companions and low level enchantements (that´s okay)
    but this is not okay-->
    a GF, that doesn´t mark, doesn´t use Tide of Iron, has near 8k defense
    a DC, that doesn´t use hollowed ground and Astral shield, meeting a GF and more to tell
    a CW´s that does near no buffs...in case you ever run with a mof-buffer build, you know what this class can do, I would say he is the best buffer in this game beside a DC, I would say even stronger
    I ran with this guys.

The GF does not use ToI, bc it does less dmg.

DC does not use AS, bc he does not know about the ITF synergy or the GF does not use ITF (happened often enough to me, but if you ask, the GF thinks you are joking either way).

CWs deal more personal dmg as SS thraum, so every second player changes from rene to thraum, thinking, that they are better players and wondering, why the runs take more time. I run as HV SS CW with a renegade build. IMO a solid compromise between group buffs and personal dps.

OFcourse a high vizier set suits more on a renegade but that doesnt mean a thauma will be useless with that set.hv debuff increases the damage for any passive a thauma has creeping frost warped magics. after the bonding changes you will see how faster goes and for poeple dont have many debuffs starting a fight and end a fight with stable 50k power you will laugh.
  • Options
    edited June 2016

OP is third choice atm.
    But this discussion is offtopic anyway.
    they have no clue then.PAladin is true dont have itf. BUT he has other powers we can say aura of wisdom and courage are permanent. Who find it bad to have extra recharge speed? or to hit % of paladins hp as extra damage? vs boss bane 30% debuff?
    paladin tree feat from light that shares 25% of his power to his allies after 6 seconds?

i am very gla my pt to include and paladin and gf and cleric.

• Options

Huh, I'm not seeing things like that though. Without GF buffs and OP to tank everything that exists, CN runs usually are not even possible. Not even with many Yeti pets. Hmm This might change soon though, but truth be told OP and GF have a much higher chance of completing a dungeon than any other class.

I also don't see buffs and debuffs as an issue, tbh. Some broken 2x procs, yes, but overall BUFFs and DEBUFFS are the thing why there're different people in the team. That's a good thing imho.

And it's a win-win situation for everyone since even without a lot of DPS, you're still a good player since buffs are given regardless of your IL/skill. A low lvl Renegade is super-useful to the team, for instance, and a welcomed member. Same goes for buff/debuff GF/DC. I can't see the issue with that.

The only problem, as I see it, is that people due to the change of the nature of game circa MOD6, learned to use buffs/debuffs far more than before to their own advantage.
    The 5man CW run became obsolete. Same like the 5man GWF run became obsolete after MOd3 got introduced.
    Variety is a good thing.

Problem is with the classes that don't really bring anything to the table unless super-equipped. Such is the Thaumaturge tree, for instance. You don't really need CWs anymore in the PT imho since OP/GF mitigate all damage + Yeti as compatriots (HA!) furthermore supplemented by one SW + one GWF + one HR and there you go.
    Control's not useful to anyone since it doesn't work as much as it used to be and there's a fine line of work where it becomes unnecessary for CW to play at all since damage is mitigated at all times.
    And many people like playing with a CW, so CW should be useful again and not just like a buff-bot.
    after mod 6 the game changed. back in time in mod3

Variety is a good thing.

Even if control works better at high item level will be noticeable when the thrash mobs can go down from att wills due buffsdebuffs power critical 100% ? to fool myself i pug a lot to have the m3 feeling i use characters at 2k item level and sometimes i pick useless strongold boons like overload pve;p and incoming healing on defence.

BACK in m3 i remember very few healing sources and a cleric should be in the pt to kill first-2nd boss in karrundax. many area effects could burn you down + archers they needed at the right time to get control from a wizard or the big giant spawned to make harder the fight? GOOd old days. AND now we have the stupid orcus hit me hit me and i will die thing.

SO if you have an alt cw likes to control. step 1 leave guild 2: play with a stone with enchants r7 3: no mount insignia . 4: choose similar geared pt members and go run the content. then come back and tell us was your control useful? Did your pt took a breath? did your pt with your control-dps help avoided the one shots?

THE module at august seems promising with new tier dungeon lets see
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

Variety is a good thing.

ah gf is just a buff bot to if itf or kv would not work as they do no one would take them in either t1 or t2 cause they would only slow us down
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User

Variety is a good thing.

after mod 6 the game changed. back in time in mod3

Variety is a good thing.

Even if control works better at high item level will be noticeable when the thrash mobs can go down from att wills due buffsdebuffs power critical 100% ? to fool myself i pug a lot to have the m3 feeling i use characters at 2k item level and sometimes i pick useless strongold boons like overload pve;p and incoming healing on defence.

BACK in m3 i remember very few healing sources and a cleric should be in the pt to kill first-2nd boss in karrundax. many area effects could burn you down + archers they needed at the right time to get control from a wizard or the big giant spawned to make harder the fight? GOOd old days. AND now we have the stupid orcus hit me hit me and i will die thing.

SO if you have an alt cw likes to control. step 1 leave guild 2: play with a stone with enchants r7 3: no mount insignia . 4: choose similar geared pt members and go run the content. then come back and tell us was your control useful? Did your pt took a breath? did your pt with your control-dps help avoided the one shots?

THE module at august seems promising with new tier dungeon lets see
    idk i always take cws for t1 or etos it makes them easy and no need for healers with them
  • Options

i don't see any issues with the gf...
    Into the frey is way too powerful
    Knight's valor is way too powerful.
    [It's even better than divine protector]
    Guardian Fighters do way too much burst damage in PVP

Those are just a few of the issues.
    I'm not being specific since it's been repeated by many others so many times.
    You people can't stop complaining, first the TR, then the GWF, then the OP, and now the GF.
    GF is a pure tank, so, it makes perfect sense that his powers are gonna be more powerful than the op when it comes to tanking.
    Now buff wise, i don't think his buffs are overpowered, maybe with a DC, but on his own, it's definatly not over the top...
    Knight's valor = try using it without a DC...