test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

GF Commander's Strike is constantly procing Steel Blitz with other player's attacks

deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
I just tested this on the Neverwinter Siege event dragons.

You need to equip the Steel Blitz passive and hit a target with Commander's Strike.
When other player's attack, they proc your Steel Blitz passive. More players = more DPS.
The DPS quickly adds up fast, making the GF look like a DPS machine.

I think this should be reviewed before more changes to the GF are made.
This really looks like a bug to me.
Thank you.

Comments

• deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    One dragon (Kradazuur) during WoD Dragon Heralds.

Your Commander's Strike deals X Physical Damage to Kradazuur. x 47
    Your Steel Blitz deals x (x) Physical Damage to Kradazuur x 58
    Critical Hit! Your Steel Blitz deals x (x) Physical Damage to Kradazuur x 17
    I was only recording my own DPS so it didn't show other players hits.

The recording was going while I was standing still, about 20 feet from the dragon.
    This has been mentioned by other GFs in their forum. I wasn't the first to discover this.
  • dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Something is stacking it way off the charts but I am not sure what it is.I have a log that it says some GF managed to tick it 7-8 times in one second.He wasnt using Commander's Strike.I dont know how he is doing it.

He managed to hit 1.5m damage with at-will and 600k Steel Blitz.His DPS is monstrous either way but Steel Blitz buffs it more
    @xsayajinx1
    I have not noticed that keebreaker still procs steel blitz since it got nerfed.
  • indylolindylol Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    The missing ingredient is bilethorn
    B) LGPG Leader B)
    Indy - XB1 & PS4 - GF
    xeV Indy - PS4 - TR
    Nde - XB1 - HR
    GT: its indy time
    PSN: itsindytime
    Twitch: indygoinlive
    The Kanye West of Neverwinter
  • kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User

Okay, after more testing, it seems Knee Breaker doesn't proc Steel Blitz by itself.

But once Commander Strike is active, Knee Breaker dots start proccing Steel Blitz. The same happens with the little DoTs from bilethorn @etelgrin. Alone they don't procc SB but if the target is under the effect of CS the weapon enchant dots start proccing SB.

I just tested it by myself using lesser bilethorn.

Knee Breaker = procs SB only on initail hit.
    Knee Breaker + CS = Knee Breaker ticks start procing SB.
    Bilethorn doesn't proc SB, with/without CS, no matter how I tried.
    I also noticed that Jagged Blades feat can proc SB while under CS effect.

Are you 100% sure that Bile proced SB? maybe it was Jagged Blades? :/
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    "GF COMMANDER'S STRIKE IS CONSTANTLY PROCING STEEL BLITZ WITH OTHER PLAYER'S ATTACKS" < WAI but not desirable effect. Warlocks and hunters proc this under certain conditions. No point mentioning how its done other than more players will exploit it, ill leave my bug report when i start playing my GF again.
  • kemi1984kemi1984 Member Posts: 849 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Steel Blitz and Commanders Strike interaction is a well known bug, reported many times.

It was said time and time again that it should only proc from the GF's attacks but it does from all attacks that hit the targeted mob - especially visible during the boss fights.

Of course GF hits hard. Again, not a secret. All classes hit hard with the power we have now. Bonding rework? that's a cruel joke.
    They were crazy OP before the "fix" now? it's just ridiculous.

Power creep is real, buffs and debuffs are incredibly powerful. When we add to this legacy armors and player interactions it's getting stupid and making the game look silly.
    Nancy - Dragonborn, SM Guardian Fighter
    A proud member of "mythical horde of DPS GFs"

1). Is SW more dps or tank based?
    2). Yes. I am panzer!
    3). Get ACT if you want to celebrate your epeen.
    4). Horniness will not stand between me and what I believe - "MM"
  • vcekvcek Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 127 Arc User
    kemi1984 said:

Steel Blitz and Commanders Strike interaction is a well known bug, reported many times.

It was said time and time again that it should only proc from the GF's attacks but it does from all attacks that hit the targeted mob - especially visible during the boss fights.

Of course GF hits hard. Again, not a secret. All classes hit hard with the power we have now. Bonding rework? that's a cruel joke.
    They were crazy OP before the "fix" now? it's just ridiculous.

Power creep is real, buffs and debuffs are incredibly powerful. When we add to this legacy armors and player interactions it's getting stupid and making the game look silly.

We're not talking about hitting hard here, we are talking about steel blits proccing ATLEAST 20-30 times per second (the chance of blitz is around 5% chance if i remember correctly). Not to mention with high buffs and CW crit buff it can deal up to 260k per blitz. do the math with CS stacking with high recovery buffs on OP (yes CS can proc itself LOL)
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    The offhand bonus for steel blitz is a chance to have a 2nd hit of steel blitz, I am assuming you know about that though and have found that blitz is procing blitz independent of that?
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!