test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Announcing Neverwinter: Storm King's Thunder!

Comments

• therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User

"Krig er kom"

Im guessing is giantish for "free hugs"

Sounds more like a mutilation of the german language. Un-mutilated it could be "Krieg, er kommt!" which means translated "War, it's coming!"
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    In my opinion, the best module ever in Neverwinter is module 3 : Curse of Icewind Dale
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/3034893

I fondly remember entering IceWind Dale, for the very first time. I marveled at the beautiful terrain and felt actual fear from the *very lethal* monsters (including giants) which populate the frostland.

Bringing back IceWind Dale is a very very good idea.
    Please, no demonic HE's or anything else which is out-of-place in Icewind Dale.
    Don't kill my immersion please.
  • throanthroan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    labrus said:

As someone who speaks one of the norse languages, (which giant language is based on) that sentence means "War has come"

And by the same reasoning, the first line ("Nar er det uvar") would mean "Near is the storm" ("Nær er det uvejr" in Danish, although the definite article is only used like that in Swedish).

Considering the name of the storyline, it would make sense.
  • stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    kievitz said:

hopefully we get some old dungeons back with the new tiers, like Dread Vault, and the other epic stuff that was the sht.

Part of me dies every time I see such a 'hope'. For the love of Christ, please leave them dead. Castle Never, while I appreciate their effort to appease and bring it back, is a shadow of it's old self. As we know, it's now called 'Castle Always Loading'.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    I have zero expectations, zero.

Seeing how CN was such a disaster, and every recent module.
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    @strumslinger with this latest announcement of a new module can you please update the community on class balancing and if it's expected implementation is prior to the release of new content? Or if it's been put on hold, cancelled, anything, please provide some bit of information to us.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    As always, whenever a new mod is announce, I remain a hopeful skeptic.
    I aim to misbehave
  • vjarlvjarl Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 93 Arc User

"Krig er kom"

Sounds more like a mutilation of the german language. Un-mutilated it could be "Krieg, er kommt!" which means translated "War, it's coming!"
    So wait, when I run into combat shouting my war cry, "Thank goodness I wore the brown pants!" I have to say it in Nordic now so the giants understand!!!???
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I hope, that we will get a new tier with 3-3.5k min IL and not another round of dungeons making the leveling experience better, by allowing you to join with a min IL of 50.

Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    vjarl said:

"Krig er kom"

So wait, when I run into combat shouting my war cry, "Thank goodness I wore the brown pants!" I have to say it in Nordic now so the giants understand!!!???
    They dont need to understand this war cry, I bet, they can smell the meaning.^^

• two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    I, for one, welcome our new Swedish giant overlords. Bork, bork, bork!
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.

"Krig er kom"

This. The intonation of the first two words matches the german words. If it is not something from the Netherlands or another related language, it is the result of a developer with a few european dictionaries.

• flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    I would guess the new tier dungeons are the epic version of the 4 leveling dungeons introduced this mod. It would be better if there is a surprise.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
    Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
  • gphxgphxgphxgphx Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    Sounds great. Here's hoping a lesson has been learned and the relevant quest lines won't be released many months after everyone has already finished the zone. ;)
  • themaster7021themaster7021 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    A new tier of dungeons and 3 new adventure zones???

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Based on my analysis of their tweets yesterday, I think we will at least get one NEW dungeon that is tied into the new campaign.

As far as the old dungeons that were removed in Mod 6, that is an open question. The other big question will be the mechanics of the dungeon(s). If its like what they did to the old CN, then I want no part of it. Teathers and 10 minute dungeons are not my idea of fun.

Our classes were originally designed to gather, control and kill mobs as a primary feature. We have moved way too far from that.
    twitch.tv/kaligold
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User

HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

Underdark brought us four new zones. Mantol Dereth, Demo, PoM, Throne. Just sayin'. Better to be patient and see what there actually is.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • fernandoeliseifernandoelisei Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

When will it be on Xbox and PS4? :smiley: I had to ask, just to throw in that PS4!!!

Fix the lag that is good nothing? fix existing bugs and old that is good nothing. place a server in Brazil that is good? nothing.
    Please think about south america players a little bit.
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

Underdark brought us four new zones. Mantol Dereth, Demo, PoM, Throne. Just sayin'. Better to be patient and see what there actually is.
    Really? Where might these "new" Underdark zones be? Mantol Derith is far from a zone, PoM and TotDG are rehashes of Gauntlgrym and Demo is one big open area - hardly a new zone. I'm still waiting for an actual Underdark module. The closest we have is still areas of Whispering Caverns.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • flyingkitty1flyingkitty1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I am wondering about a new class or new playable race it's been over a year since a new class was introduced and longer than that since the Dragonborn were added. Need a new race or class, very soon!
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I am wondering about a new class or new playable race it's been over a year since a new class was introduced and longer than that since the Dragonborn were added. Need a new race or class, very soon!

No.

No, no, no.

Also, no.

Also, if you read Strum's recent post history, you will see the answer is NO.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • throanthroan Member Posts: 3 Arc User

German has some similar words though. Not that strange with Denmark being the only thing between Germany and the Norse countries.

I'll have you know we Danes consider ourselves a Norse country, thank you very much ;) At least closer to our Scandinavian cousins than to Germany.

Generally, however, Swedish tends to be used for Giant/Jotun purposes - I think Danish sounds too much like Dutch for the purposes of a "realistic" Giant language, and Norwegian has two separate written languages (one of them basically Danish, the other filled with dialects).
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Really? Where might these "new" Underdark zones be? Mantol Derith is far from a zone, PoM and TotDG are rehashes of Gauntlgrym and Demo is one big open area - hardly a new zone. I'm still waiting for an actual Underdark module. The closest we have is still areas of Whispering Caverns.
    I guess I went over people's heads. I thought I was being obvious in pointing out that in the past what Cryptic has said are "new zones" and what the playerbase considers "new zones" were different things. See "bringing back dungeons" (forums go wild!) aka revealed as leveling dungeons (forums not happy...).

I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • unitedweevil679#9682 unitedweevil679 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    I wonder if new tier means new level cap.
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

I wonder if new tier means new level cap.

No.

They can't even fix the classes. If they increased the cap again with so few staff they'll destroy the game for good.
  • zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

The maze engine underdark map at least looked promising, but then it failed to deliver by giving you a few short areas and an assload of unused space and locations.